Player character to player character actions:

Spearmint
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Player character to player character actions:

#1 Post by Spearmint »

This is your forum to chitchat and talk in game and reconcile discussions rather than ping each other lots of private messages.

So use this to say:

Billybob pays Jack n Jill +20gp each for their share of the pig.

Gertrude asks Zargon "Is it okay if we swap these items over."

etc, etc.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Player character to player character actions:

#2 Post by Bluetongue »

Hello SilverBen

My character, Golgarth has approached Liebish in regard to joining an expedition to the Barrow Mounds if you are interested.

Hope you can respond in the tavern thread.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Stirling »

Vann Hector contacts Golgarth regarding going on the Sauron trek as a linguist.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by Bluetongue »

Great. I will respond with an invite in the tavern. We haven't left the village yet so you are just in time.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sir Dewey is looking for people to join a tug of war team. We can't let those mages have all the fun.

Golgarth? Isvand? Orgoth? Fapp? Vann Hector? I think you guys are in town for the festival. I may have missed some.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

I never saw this thread before, will keep an eye on it in the future.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Bluetongue »

Golgarth to Orgoth

You mentioned before about helping out with any construction projects, via the bulletin board and another message. So Golgarth has taken a commission to renew the village water cisterns.

I have started a fundraiser, lodged at the Jeweller & Moneylenders. (Cromm's Cistern Project). So you gain 1xp for every 1gp personally donated and 1xp of every 10gp donated via fundraising activity.

I set a target of 2,000gp which once reached will be matched by the Duchy. We then set about the new constructions or hire and oversee the labourers, gaining extra xp once complete.

I am recruiting any Cromm faith based players as it will also dedicate a Shrine as well in the project.
So far I have Gunter involved as well.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

I will participate for sure. Need to figure a couple of things out then I will make a donation and start helping.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sir Dewey will participate. A worthy cause is worthy no matter the diety. :D

Besides, the Church can't have all this goodwill be going only to the old gods. :lol: :lol:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

For Spearmint. What is the max XP you can get from a donation?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Spearmint »

I am trying to use donations on an equal 1xp for 1gp level for players as a way to encourage them to 'world build'.

So for example the Chapel of St Ygg has a fundraiser to upgrade the church font from copper based bowls and equipment to silver which will have an effect of them being able to produce more holy water each week.

For player initiated projects, not only will you get an xp increase for gp donation, but you will also gain xp for completion. So an example here would be Golgarth's approach to Krothos to renew the village cisterns. The initial estimate is 4,000gp worth of materials and labour which the Duchy will contribute half towards once the fundraising 2000gp has been reached. So players can contribute to that initial 2000gp target but also pit their labour in-character to the rebuilding which would earn those who were involved the extra 2000xp to share in a pro-rata basis

XP can also be earned by players through the Tributes and Memorials thread, (so get those songs written, statues made) or participation in civic events such as Festivals.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rex »

OK, once we figure the split I will make a donation, plus Orgoth is always willing to work as a laborer.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Rex »

Orgoth to Golgarth

Whenever Golgarth is up and about again.

"Hi Golgarth, here is my first donation to Cromm's Cistern Project. I will also help with any labor when it gets underway as well. When in town obviously."

He hands Golgarth an uncut Sapphire and an uncut Emerald.

"The Rosy Quartz appraised the Sapphire at worth 100gp and the Emerald as worth 500gp."

600xp taken.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Stirling »

To Savant.

I am playing Vann as not too stressed out, happy-go-lucky rogue wanting to make a name for himself. I am not too bothered by the loss of a horse, I still have the other stabled as I have two, though you can't take that one.

ooc: Vann would know the risk of sending a horse to the Barrows, so while he might in character tut about it, earning 100+ gp is more than a fitting recompense.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by Bluetongue »

Golgarth

Blesses Orgoth for the gift to repair the cisterns.

My aim would be to use the winter downtime when the Barrow Moor freezes over to deal with the construction project. So that doesn't take too much out of actual expedition time.

The gem is converted to cash and held in reserve at the Rosy Quartz under the charity fundraiser name. Cromm Cruach Cistern Project.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by Bluetongue »

Cosmo Snag, Sir Dewey, Vann Hector

Just a reminder before any of you set out for another expedition. From the Memorial & Tributes thread:

Golgarth provides a Thanksgiving tribute for his rescue and repatriation from the Secret of the Saurons' expedition after he fell victim to a carnivorous Bogdweller plant.

He commissions a Thanksgiving tribute too. Ordering some hand crafted votive candles and presentation rosewood box inscribed with:

"With thanks to my comrades who bore me by prayer and strength of arms safely from the dangers of the Barrow Moor to the solace of the healing chapel." It names each of his fellow Expeditioners, (Sir Dewey, Vann Hector, Cosmo Snag, Sigrid Myrkva, Foxrell, Liebish and the men of the Duchy Militia).

The candles are to be used by parishioners and adventurers in their devotional rituals. -30gp.
+30xp to the cleric.

as a Blessing, any of the named characters to whom this tribute is made who go to the chapel and use a candle in prayerful devotion, each will receive a single +1 bonus to any saving throw they need to make within 24 hours of the candle being lit.

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Quonundrum »

Subject to change pending a sale, this is the final mummy mound expedition treasure split.

Sapphire 400gp
Amber ingots 10,600gp
Ankh, headdress, shawl 1,000gp

3gp remainder which Moriartus will take as seller fee.

100% share 1,333gp
Cadeweed
Fydmar
Dalin
Durgo
Osen

75% share 999gp 15sp
Dougal

50% share 666gp 10sp
Lemmy
Ozzie
Plantie
Meatloaf
Venwynn
Moriartus

25% share 333gp 5sp
Two-Birds

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by Karaunios »

:shock:

tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by tarlyn »

Very nice,,

How does the split work? Sorry but this is not tabletop so I do not understand how the "treasure" is split for each item listed.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Spearmint »

So for Venwynn, the split is different than for other player characters as the ranger was npc'd for a majority of the expedition and as such took a lower share in line with other NPC characters like the mercenary hires.

Effectively the combined 12,000gp is split between 9 full shares making 1,333gp per full share. Since some players received items of treasure, they take a half or a quarter share, depending on treasure value.

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”