Town Crier: (DM's announcements)

Spearmint
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Town Crier: (DM's announcements)

#21 Post by Spearmint »

Might be sketchy for a couple of days with travel and work stuff, not to mention battening down hatches for a storm (mild perhaps compared to those used to hurricanes and tornadoes).

Anyway. I will update all threads over this weekend if I can

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Spearmint »

I am going to try and toothcomb through all the Campaign Setting and Settlement threads so that any outstanding issues can be sorted. So players can help to remind me if I have overlooked anything or they are waiting on an NPC action or answer.

For example, well used village businesses may gain a personal thread if that is helpful so you can follow specific interactions more easily.

If players think anything could be added to improve the navigation around various threads or would want a specific thread creating, then please let me know.

House Rules. As you know in this game I am trialing various things. How are they working? Do they add to the game and more importantly your enjoyment and roleplaying. Feel nerfed and underwhelmed, your character class needs some improving or fine tuning?

Ok. Let me get your feedback and any issues I need to attend to. Post in your private forum or in the public ooc thread.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Spearmint »

Just a heads up. Happy Easter everyone.

I will try to post in every thread today and bring various downtime activities to conclusions as I will online less until after the weekend.

Let me know if any questions or actions have not been answered and hopefully the latest expeditions can set off next week.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Spearmint »

One suggestion I can rule in is this:

Fighter Class amendment:

I am using the variable suggestion in the DMG page 74-79, which suggests fighters improve THAC0 each level rather than every two levels. This is a fighter class buff only. Please adjust your own sheet THAC0's to reflect this.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by Spearmint »

Ironguard settlement:

A new location thread has opened up. Please post in that thread only when your character is actually present in the citadel.

So, Sven, Orgoth, Moriartus, Dougal, Cadeweed, Fydmar & Durgo, go ahead and post your presence and actions in one of the threads as you would do in the Helix forum.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Spearmint »

Announcement

I am coming up to the one year anniversary of when the Barrowmaze game was started. So in advance of that date, June 1st and to celebrate Dreamsundermyfeet , one of my syndicate horses coming home a distant 40 lengths 3rd (hey, he led to the first fence and at the six but mistake after mistake and nearly fell after hitting the 13th. So I have been told. I never saw it race, I was in bed asleep!)

Anyway, each player may receive a bonus +100xp. Please adjust your character sheets accordingly (and acknowledge so in your private threads) and hopefully for some that tips you over the threshold to advance prior to new adventures.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Spearmint »

A reminder to all players! It is important players use the correct macro as I look at your posted result to determine hits and misses and with 24 characters in play, I simply cannot police everybody's sheets to make sure they have added the correct Strength bonus, the Dex bonus, the weapon's magic, racial bonus, class or deity boons.

It is therefore quite possible you may have hit in the past when a miss was narrated and given the crucial nature of each encounter, the correct macro might actually be life saving.

What you post will be what is acted upon, so make sure you get it correct.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Spearmint »

I have opened the three new expedition threads to get new adventures moving. Please post in the appropriate one.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Spearmint »

My wife reminds me that, "it is past bedtime ... it is her birthday ... you all get +100xp and I have work in the morning!"

So, next updates will come in the evening.

Add to your sheets please and let me know if anyone levels up.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Spearmint »

This is my record of character experience points and any prime requisite bonus.

If you have not added the birthday bonus xp posted above, please do so and let me know to adjust any discrepancies in my accounts:

Character XP points:

Name: Class & level: current xp/advance: bonus?
Barba: withdrawn.
Cadeweed Dale: Thief L2: 3080/4001 +10%prb
Cosmo Snag: Illusionist/ Thief L1/L1 2530/4001 +10%prb & 0/2001 +10%prb advance to L2 in both once thief xp passes threshold.
Dale Birgensen: Fighter L1: npc'd.
Dalin Silverhand: Thief L3: 5150/8001 +10%prb
Dougal: Ranger L2: 2520/4001 no prb
Durgo Brightboon: Fighter L1: 714/2001 +10%prb.
Eldon Shadowfinger: withdrawn.
Fapp Bublu: deceased.
Friar John: deceased.
Froed: Thief L1: npc'd.
Fydmar: Thief L1: 1555/2001 +10%prb.
Gerdal Fiveclover: Mage L2: 3940/4001 no prb.
Golgarth Cleric L1: 1495/2001 no prb.
Gunter the Red: Fighter L1: 540/2001 no prb.
Isvand: Fighter/Thief L1/L1 2745/4001 no prb 618/2001 +10%prb advance to 2nd in both once thief xp passes threshold.
Johka: Fighter L1: 100/2001 +10%prb.
Jorly: Monk L1: 200/2001 no prb
Knatchbull: Fighter L1: npc'd.
Leibish: Fighter L1: 1279/2001 no prb
Mai Ronin: withdrawn
Marcel Gerald Desrosiers: Cleric L2: npc'd
Moriartus: Mage L3: 4101/8001 +10%prb.
Moorheeth: Cleric L1: 100/2001 +10%prb
Orgoth Stonewall: Fighter L3: 5322/8001 +10%prb
Peaches McGhee: Mage L2: 2501/4091 no prb.
Raust: Druid L1: 200/2001 +10%prb.
Rondahl the Grim: Fighter L1: npc'd:
Savant: deceased.
Sigrid Mryvka: Mage L2 2216/4001 no prb
Sir Dewey: Paladin L2: 2788/4001 no prb
Steban Rolfson: deceased.
Sven Jolly: Mage L3: 5218/8001 no prb
Traeliorn: Fighter L1: npc'd.
Vann Hector: Thief L2: 3424/4001 +10%prb
Venwynn: Ranger L1: npc'd.
Yubruh the Apprentice: withdrawn.
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Rex »

Orgoth looks correct to me.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Spearmint »

Just a heads up. I am driving today and tomorrow so won't be attending to updates until Wednesday evening at the earliest.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Spearmint »

As players ready characters and perhaps one or two new players join, I will edit here with an update on each characters whereabouts and resolve current actions and research queries.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Spearmint »

I am updating the Experience Awards summary and have a separate thread for your own cross referencing.

Christmas bonus , +100xp, Santa comes early and I have emptied his sack of bonus XP to share our among my players. I have added the award to your current record.

Please check and let me know any obvious typo's or shortfall.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by Spearmint »

So we can welcome Jernau35 to join the growing number of living sacrifices on the altars of Nergal, Set and Orcus.

Just advance warning if less frequent posts over the next few days. I have Christmas Eve shopping, Christmas Day with family and Boxing Day at the races in Kempton. Then Tuesday it is football with the boys and probably munching popcorn while watching Avatar.

So I haven't forgotten anyone but just living some real life.

In lieu of further posts, depending an hour spare and mulled wine or a savoury tart (not the mistress sort!), getting my attention.

Happy Christmas to all my players.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by Spearmint »

Happy Christmas everyone.

I am at the races today, so this is my only post but I will update all the scenes from tomorrow.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Spearmint »

Hi team.

Back from a little break. Cold and wet and sadly without a goal at the football or a winner in the racing in sight.

I will stay online now and begin to update all the threads as much as I can today.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Spearmint »

Hi team.

Back from a little break. Cold and wet and sadly without a goal at the football or a winner in the racing in sight.

I will stay online now and begin to update all the threads as much as I can today.
I have updated private messages, personal.forums and one or two Expedition threads.

I will finish the drafts and post the rest later tonight

Thank you for your patience.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Spearmint »

Hi folks, hope you enjoy a Happy Easter for those who celebrate.

I will be away for a couple of days, until Tuesday evening probably so may not get much posting in between now and then.

We are coming up to our second anniversary as a game also in a few weeks time so I am sure some bonus character treasures might be in order.

Anything I am not up to date with, just post and I will get on to it for Tuesday Eve.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by Spearmint »

We are coming up to our second anniversary as a game also in a few weeks time so I am sure some bonus character treasures might be in order.
Mon May 31, 2021 10:06 pm <<<<

We have a Campaign
The Town Crier tolls his daily noonday bell to announce the local news and official bulletins; Chapel births, marriages and obituaries as well as raunchy tavern gossip and the latest rumours of buried treasure and lost explorers. The public execution of two unrepentant Nergalite cultists to be held on the 1st of the following month. Lord Krothos announcing his self proclaimed investiture as 'Bear of the North'.

Amid the usual hullabaloo of thought provoking titbits and advertisements, other more celebratory bells ring out, Buble` strums his lute at the Strumpet soirée while freshly baked festive cakes, bright with flickering anniversary candles are eaten with joy in each household.

To my players, thank you so much for the last two years of fun and challenging character drama.

Enjoy your slice of +50xp cake and a random magic item from Krzysztof's lucky dip bag of Reddit inspired trinkets.

Check your private threads and the Character XP public thread for updated information.

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”