Quest #35 "Interview with a Dragon"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #35 "Interview with a Dragon"

#281 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She gasps in shock and receives a mouthful of hot wet air. Allissa knows that she probably can't make it to the exits right now, so she prevents herself from even looking at them.

"I must have, for you to say so, but may I have the privilege of knowing what I chose poorly? I returned with proof of Gorman's demise, I didn't touch anything in your hoard... Ah. I allowed others to come with me and failed to stop them from doing so."

She bows in respect. "Forgive me, Mystegri, I do not possess your power and knowledge. I can but try, sometimes I fail."

"Before I am sentenced, I have information about MammaJuju."

Save v Breath (15): [1d20]=12 She does have a +4 vs dodgeable attacks.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by Monsieur Rose »

About this time, Allissa's eye develops a slight twitch, and she thinks of Luther and secrets for some reason. :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#283 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lair Of Mystegri
Godsday, 26th of Goodmonth
Early Afternoon, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

Mystegri Nenblu, (the dragons full name, as it appears carved into the altar below the falls......
BEB10E3D-B8B0-417D-BF8D-F06D08254A50.jpeg
BEB10E3D-B8B0-417D-BF8D-F06D08254A50.jpeg (14.21 KiB) Viewed 592 times

.....spews some of its powerful hot breath into the cave chamber, singeing Allissa's skin slightly, but not causing the kind of damage she knows it could have. 1 dam
Monsieur Rose wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:46 pm "Before I am sentenced, I have information about MammaJuju."
"YES I AM SURE YOU DO!!! SINCE YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY IN LEAAGUE WITH THE DEMON!!!"

"LET ME GUESS! SHE SENT YOU HERE TO MURDER ME, RIGHT?"

"I WILL WARN YOU AGAIN THAT YOU SHOULDNT LIE TO ME!"

Actions?

positions:
Allissa AC:2 18/19 Invisible
Whiskey AC:4 -21/12 Dead

overall map:viewtopic.php?p=345670#p345670

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She holds her hands up and palms out. "Whoa! I don't lie to you, Mystegri. Being asked to do something isn't actually doing it."

"I found a gem that talked to me in my head. I didn't know who it was until much later. After I met you. And yes, the voice called herself Mammajuju. And yes, she wanted me to kill you. I have no intention or desire to do that. You've been an ally, I don't attack my allies. I came to warn you."

She kneels down and starts to sit. "Here. I am no threat, you could kill me with one bite. Let me tell you all I know, and maybe I can help you. I am trying to be good, remember?"

Allissa cautiously sits and maintains eye contact. "I don't think you are evil, so if she wants you dead, that means she is evil. You called her a demon, is that what she is? And is she the same person who is now below in the native's camp?"

To be clear, she is trying to be honest. So any discrepancies are due to the addled mind of her player. :D

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#285 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lair Of Mystegri Nenblu
Early Afternoon, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

dragon_of_mist.jpg
dragon_of_mist.jpg (125.5 KiB) Viewed 580 times

The fact that she isn't dead yet must mean something.

The dragon grunts and grumbles to itself for a moment before speaking again.

"Your assumptions are correct, Many. The demonic beast below is indeed the entity I am referring to."

"If you are telling me the truth, then I can think of only one solution to this issue. Especially if you have already earned her trust."

"Do you know what that might be? And are you prepared for such a task? Do you........have any friends who might help you?"

Actions?

positions:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She smiles and starts to rise, respectfully. "The same task as was set for Gorman." Allissa nods.

"I accept." She bows. "What can you tell me about her? What am I dealing with, exactly? And what of my friends? Do you know where they are?"

The Thief waits for this vital information before moving on to other logistical discussions.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#287 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Afternoon, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

"I knew your special set of skills would come in very handy here."

"I am afraid this one had arrived on the island without my knowledge. I had no idea, which means she certainly meant for that to be the case."

"This is a creature most diabolical and demonic. I have no indications of her actual power, but it is clear that she is far more dangerous than Gorman ever could have been. I don't know if she has already accumulated allies to aid her, but it certainly can be assumed that she has. I wont lie that I thought of you when I initially learned of her presence."

"Of which friends are you referring to? There is a growing group of you people gathered at the mouth of the river. Are those the friends you speak of?"

Actions?

positions:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

"Yes. Some are at the river, but I was thinking of one who came here with me, as well as others who are investigating the obelisks."

She continues asking questions. "About the Island, what is your role? Are you the protector of the inhabitants? Are the obelisks used for teleporting? Why was there a seal relating to the orbs on that door?"
"The more I understand, the more I can be of help. I need to gain her trust in another way besides killing you. Speaking of, did you put that sword in your hoard? It possessed another who claimed it spoke to her about defeating dragons."

Allissa takes a breath and probes further. "I will need some help, are you able to lend me magical items for that purpose?"

She leads up to her big ask. "And finally, are you able to transport me quickly back to the river mouth? It seems time is of the essence." She really needs to enter town riding an MF dragon. :lol: :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#289 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The misty dragon huffs.

“Yes, you are beginning to discover that the tests are all connected in some way, aren’t you? Understanding the pattern will help guide you to completion.”

“But none of that will matter if the abyssal abomination below is left to sow its chaos throughout the island.”

“The sword, yes. That fell weapon has been in my collection for a while now. Another overzealous slayer too big for his ego turned into to a steaming puddle. It too needs to be dealt with, the sword, not the puddle. It will require a great fire, but that is a task that must be left for another time.”

The wyrm seems to ignore any requests for his treasure or aid.

Actions?

positions:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She smiles at the Dragon. "You like being mysterious, don't you? Can you tell me one thing? How long ago did the Master leave? It seems that some things are falling into disrepair."

Allissa glances over at the sword that used to be hers. "I think that sword used to be mine. I need some proper tools if I am to deal with Momma. Can you point me in the direction of such tools? I'm sure that you have a pretty good inventory of the magic items on the island. Or could I ask to borrow that one?"

"Either way, I will do as asked of me. I'll be back when I'm done. We can talk more then, and until then, Be careful."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#291 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Things are worse than you could possibly know, but you can leave that for me to fix."

"I thought I could smell something familiar about my latest offering. That was before the witch took over, you see. Yes, I think I could let you borrow the sword from me for a while. Why not. You have been trustworthy so far. Take it."

"Where will you go first? Back to the new settlement?

Actions?

positions:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She bows graciously and retrieves her own sword twice removed. "Thank you. Yes, I need to gather a force before I act, at the very least I need to ward off complications from her allies."

"Should I assume that the dark voids found in the temple and the island cave are due to the disrepair? Are things getting worse? How long do we have?"

The Thief shakes her head. "Focus, Allissa, focus. There was a man in the cave with me, besides the woman who has been...well. Did you see him or know where he is?"

Allissa braces herself for the answer, only glancing at the leg once.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#293 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"I strongly encourage you or anyone else to avoid any foreboding black voids you find here. Magical power of this caliber isn't created with simple components. Positive and negative energy must be harnessed and balanced perfectly to avoid catastrophe. Once that balance is lost......"

"There was a man outside when I arrived, but I think I scared him away. My lunch there wasn't attached to him, if that is what you are hinting at."

"Would you like me to aid you in returning to the settlement. Before you say yes, you should know it wont be the way you imagine."

Actions?

positions:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

"Ah. Good then. Cealwyn is a good man and a good ranger, I'm glad he is well."

Her eyes narrow and she smiles slightly. "I do need to get back, thank you. And I'm sure whatever way you devise will be fine, as long as I arrive in one piece."

"Before we, or I, go, what will become of your backroom? I'm sure I can arrange for some help to clear it if you want."

Hot air balloon, hot air balloon, come on, hot air balloon.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#295 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"You don't think a DRAGON can move a few rocks around by itself? Now that the magic has been destroyed, I'm not sure if there is any point."

"What happened in there, anyway? Let me take a stab at it first........she guessed?"

Actions?

positions:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

"She did. She was really out of sorts since she picked up that sword, really messed her up faith-wise." Allissa shakes her head sadly. "And all she wanted was to meet a dragon."

"There used to be furniture in there. What was it used for previously? And are you the one who added the clues about your name?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#297 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Oh, Many."

"Many, Many, Many, Many, Many. What will I do with you and your endless questions?"

The dragon lifts his front paws up to the elf and splays out its massive claws that look like they could shred solid rock.

"Never was much for the intricate details of decorating myself, as you can see."

"I suppose seeing a dragon for the first time is how a lot of your kind dies, eh?"

"Now, would you like to go back to your friends? Or do you have more questions I wont answer first?"

Actions?

positions:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#298 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She smiles, having been called out on her behavior. "How else can I be expected to learn? I can't really expect to stumble over a diary or a map, can I? But your point is, of course, reasonable. I'm ready."

Allissa takes a deep breath and tries to convince herself of the veracity of her last statement.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#299 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"Try to turn your head to the rear when you breath" is the only warning or advice Allissa receives before the entire room is suddenly engulfed in a thick heavy mist.

Somehow suddenly enveloped in this shroud of dense fog, Allissa feels herself being lifted from the stone floor of the chamber behind the waterfall. Moving through the wall of crashing water hurts badly, but not as much as she might have expected. The scout tries to look around through the mist, but her current vision is like looking through a dusty window.

She can sort of see the river below her as she is rushed along the waterway, but it is indeed difficult to breath normally moving this quickly. Holding her breath to look around only hurts her eyes as the moisture pounds into them.

After what might be a few minutes of this torture, she is suddenly released from the thick cloud, where she starts falling through the air, landing in the middle of the river not far from the makings of the Clifftown settlement. The cloud quickly rises higher and disappears into the sky.

Actions?

positions:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

"Turn my head to the rear?? Behind me?" Is all she gets out before she gets waterboarded.

Finally, she's released and gasps for air but quickly loses it again as she finds herself falling. "Mother F..." as she lands in the river, her curses lost under the flow.

I love it! Where, and when, did she end up?

Return to “Completed Missions”