OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Quest #35 "Interview with a Dragon"

#241 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lair Of Mystegri
Godsday, 26th of Goodmonth
Early Afternoon, Sunny, Hot, Buggy

Cealwyn watches the proceedings with tentative caution, looking back at the entryway often in case he needs to make a quick escape, knowing just how unsettled things are turning out here.

Without recourse, Whiskey starts digging through the pile of treasure, uncovering a shiny suit of scale mail armor and sizing it up. This certainly gets the attention of her unseen thieving leader, who uncontrollably edges her lithe frame closer to the irresistible glory pile.

Resisting the urge for now, Allissa moves back to the door and inserts the sphere into the indentation. The sphere morphs into a circular symbol that looks like the ring of obelisks. The two bottommost obelisk symbols are both lit up, (red at 5:00 and grey at 7:00) but the other 6 in the ring remain dark. A thin seam appears in the double doors and one of them creaks open slightly to reveal a stale smelling darkness beyond.

Actions?

Man I hope Paladin returns before you’re all dead. :lol:

positions:
Allissa AC:2 19/19 Invisible
Cealwyn AC:3 29/29
Whiskey AC:4 12/12

overall map:viewtopic.php?p=345670#p345670

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#242 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey

Puts a pair of Silver bracers on, she has found in the pile. And looks around for a shield before starting to encase herself in a suit of silvered Scalemail. She drags the suit of Scalemail back to the back wall beside the magical bow leaning against the wall. Grabs a shield and lays it beside the scalemail. Picking through the pile for a hand full of gems and any rings she sees, dumping gems into her back pack and slipping two rings onto her hands. Then moves back to the scalemail and starts donning it. Watching Allyssa playing with the door.

If I die here at least I will look good doing it, but if that door works figure it out so we can get out of here. At least that way maybe I will survive longer than another day.
All things are possible through Magic.
Darklin Sylvanas- Fighter/Magic-User - Big Shiny Island (1E)
Sai Eranthor - Cleric / Fighter/Mage - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures (2E)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#243 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Seeming fairly comfortable stating that she could very well be totally doomed for taking items, Whiskey continues to scour the treasure pile for goodies, donning a pair of silver bracers before taking some armor to don.

Suddenly the sword she can’t put down flares up in a bright magical light, enough to brighten the large cave chamber and possibly even beyond. :twisted:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She peers into the darkness behind the door. "Hey. Could you give me a light?"

Allissa has to shield her eyes as Whiskey exceeds the expectations.

She turns to see the now warrior decked out in all manner of stolen loot. "Oh crap. That can't be good." The Thief remarks with jealously as she sees the rings and other treasure being taken before her eyes. "Whiskey. To be clear, I am not your enemy. Remember that."

I'm going to suggest that Cealwyn loudly voices his displeasure with the looting, and tries to make that clear to anyone around. :D

"Help me close this!" Allissa calls for Cealwyn and Whiskey to help shut the door she just opened. "I really don't like that only two symbols are lit up. I didn't expect that."

If she can, she'll try to remove the now morphed sphere.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#245 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey

Like a teenage girl caught naked with her boyfriend, She tries to get her armor on without falling or stabbing herself with this sword in her hand.

OK, that isn't necessary. It just tells everyone in the area that we are here. Thanks, Not only do I pick up a cursed sword but I got a Dumb one with an ego to match. We are not here to tell everyone.

After getting her armor on over her shoulder and packing her backpack with gems and rings.

Well, let's go through that door and see what we can find. Nothing here but awaiting death to arrive in the form of a Dragon.
I will go through first if no one else wants to. Could these numbers refer to the pillars that the others in town were talking about? Maybe goes to other places, like a gate to another plane or pillar. Hell, let's try one I am dead anyway, might as well find out something interesting and buy myself a little time before facing a dragon.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

"Gods, you're cavalier about dying. I plan on living forever you know. And step 46 of that plan is to not piss off DRAGONS!" She pauses to assess. "I thought your new friend found a dragon right after I opened this door. But maybe it knows that Mystergri is coming back."

Allissa seems stressed. "Is the dragon coming, or behind this door?! I don't like the options..." She hesitates, deadly in her line of work, and decides. "Unless you know, know!, that there isn't a dragon behind this damn door, I want to close it. I've dealt with Mystegri before and I'd rather take my chances out here."

She takes a deep breath. "Ok. I'm staying out here. I came to talk to Mystegri. You do what you need to do."

Love the tension, guys!

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#247 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey
On the verge of panic:

I don't know if it is coming back right now but would you leave all this gold and treasure laying around? Can't be far unless it is dead some place. I am worried about Frostbane making me fight this dragon against my will. I don't have any idea how to kill a dragon. They are huge with mouths full of dagger size teeth and claws as long as swords. OK, Ok , Ok Deep Breath.

Shoulders her pack and grabs the bow in her unsworded hand. Walking towards the door and her two companions. (None threatening)

My reasoning is this. If I can gather as much magic to me and go out and gain some experience than maybe, just maybe I can defeat a dragon but not like I am now. My biggest adventure was riding a boat to this place. I know nothing, my healing from Ehlonna is gone and all you two are worried about is taking some of the Dragon's treasure. I am going to be forced by this sword to fight a dragon if it comes back while we are here. So I am sorry to say, But I must go through that door, if nothing else to buy me some time before it can find me.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

"I get it. Really. No judgment. I mean after you took the sword. Sometimes things escalate."

"My first thought is that Mystegri isn't a white dragon and that there is one trapped behind that door I just opened. Hence, my trepidation." She takes a deep breath. "Unfortunately our risks are different. You can't risk staying put, and I'm not sure about risking what's behind door number one." She taps on the door.

"Screw it. I came with you, and we're leaving together." She sounds more confident than she is. "Let's at least take a look, find out which way the teeth are coming from."

Whiskey has convinced her to open the door enough to look inside. She'll let Whiskey do so, however, and stay behind the door protected from any frost breath type stuff. :lol:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#249 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lair Of Mystegri

The wide range of emotions currently being cycled through by the intruders only intensifies the reality of their sticky, humid situation. Cealwyn hasn’t said a word, but the obvious fear in the otherwise stoic rangers eye is impossible to miss. He stays near the exit while the pile and door are manipulated, definitely not taking any treasure that belongs to a dragon without seeing a carcass first.

Allissa tries to close the magical seal she just opened but the stone-turned-symbol appears as a permanent solid fixture of the portal now. The doors can be closed but there is no mechanism to secure them tightly.

After stuffing her pack with dragons treasure, Whiskey convinces Allissa to have a look inside, rightfully fearing for her life. Their scout doesn’t seem quite as willing to die for their troubles, but agrees to have a look anyway.

Beyond the doors is an unlit room, about 30’x30’, with another single door directly across from this one. The room appears completely empty, but luckily not quite large enough to house a full grown dragon.

Actions?

positions:

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#250 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey

Shoulders her backpack into place and shoulders her new bow and raises her shield on her left arm. Holds Frostbane in her right and steps into the 30 x 30 room. Holding Frostbane up high so the light covers everything.

Well it is time to make a decision, are you all coming with me or staying here? I can't take the chance of the Dragon returning so grab some stuff and get in here if your coming.

Mental to Frostbane: Keep you your light power so I can see where we are going.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sorry. I thought I posted earlier. I was wondering why no new posts were highlighted. :oops:

Allissa

She sees the seemingly empty room and notices that she hadn't breathed in a few moments. Finally relaxing enough to breathe she evaluates. "I'm shutting the door. Stay in this room, who knows what is through there. Don't be reckless. We didn't steal anything and it will know that. I'm not going to lie to you or it. Understand? This could go very, very poorly. And remember, I'm still not your enemy."

"Either I'll be able to deal with Mystergri and I'll come get you, or..." She laughs ruefully. "...I guess it won't be my problem anymore."

Allissa looks to Cealwyn, unwilling to make the decision for him :lol:, then shuts the door if he's staying outside.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#252 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lair Of Mystegri

Allissa doesn’t speak for a long time, as if she were undecided as to her next action, but eventually does nothing to stop the new Whiskey from entering the room. In fact, she even shuts the door behind her once she moves in alone, Cealwyn simply shaking his head in disbelief near the cave entrance.

Once alone inside the room, Whiskey commands her new sword to flare up again, finally noticing some writing on the distant door.

Actions?

positions:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She takes a deep breath and releases it. "Ok. The good news is that that door won't lock. The bad news is that the door won't lock. There isn't a dragon in there, so maybe that means the Dragon is nearby out here?" She shakes her head at the situation.

"If it doesn't show up soon, I guess we reopen the door and check on Whiskey? Who knows, maybe she'll get bored and come back out herself."

She was and is operating under the impression that a dragon is nearby. Having not seen one in that room, she thinks that one is coming into the cave. If nothing happens for two minutes, she'll open the door a crack to check the situation inside.

Darklin2
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#254 Post by Darklin2 »

Whiskey

Will advance into the next room exploring the area and looking for other exits.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#255 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Darklin2 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:38 am Whiskey

Will advance into the next room exploring the area and looking for other exits.
Since she is all alone now, your update was posted in your private thread that you didn't check.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#256 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lair Of Mystegri

Allissa waits for a moment but Whiskey does not return.

There is no noise from within the room, and when the invisible elf chances a second look, she no longer sees Whiskey inside.

She does spot some writing on the door across the empty room however.

Actions?

positions:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She sighs. "Of course. Nobody ever listens to the elf lady. It's like they don't trust me or something."

Allissa waves Cealwyn over and enters the room. She'll pause once inside to quickly scan for secret doors or anomalies, then go close enough to read the writing. Hopefully from a decent distance.

"Whiskey? Are you around?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#258 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The Lair Of Mystegri

When Allissa slips inside the room, Cealwyn waits outside the door, shaking his head vehemently if asked to follow.

The 30’ square room is currently empty, but marks found in the middle of the floor indicate that a large table was once a permanent fixture here. There are scuff marks indicating that other tables or furniture may have been here at one time as well. There is no sign of Whiskey in the room. The writing is in common on the only other door:

What has four letters

With nine numbers

In four shapes

And two colors?

Actions?

positions:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Allissa

She stares at the words for what seems like forever, muttering to herself. "Time...moon..." She finally throws her arms up and yells. "Dammit!"

"WHISKEY! ARE YOU HERE?!"

Allissa looks around, trying to determine if there is anything else in the room. Does the door have a handle and hinges? Is there an obvious place to place an object as an offering?

She waits for a moment to see if Whiskey will respond.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#260 Post by OGRE MAGE »

A feint voice replies from beyond.

I am in here. Next room. Can you hear me?

This handle-less, hinge-less, riddle door remains tightly closed, however. :D

Return to “Completed Missions”