#141 Post by Rex »

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Festivals and Celebration Days.

#142 Post by Bluetongue »

Golgarth

Wraps the rope around his waist and pulls hard

Golgarth's Tug of War: R2 [3d6+12]=9+12=21 [4d6]=12 vs 11 R3: [3d6+12]=13+12=25 [4d6]=10 vs 11

+11 & +26.

"Come on Dalin. Heave for the win!"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#143 Post by GreyWolfVT »

“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#144 Post by OGRE MAGE »

gurusql wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:58 am Cadeweed was bummed to be kicked off the all-wizard team. :lol:

It was a place he could feel strong (not to mention he has good footing)
Don't feel too bad.....I see that SM also has a (future) deceased PC pulling on another team, so maybe you shouldn't worry about getting replaced by someone who never even asked to be on ours? :lol:

In all honesty, I thought an obviously weak team might make a nice comic relief that could have been played out, but it seems I only caused more work for the DM instead.

Next time I will forgo any attempt at amusement.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Spearmint »

errors are only made in good faith. I even missed Sir Dewey's comment in the player to player thread. I am trying not to drag out the festival events. You will have more opportunity to roleplay in other out of expedition settings.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#146 Post by OGRE MAGE »

No offense meant, of course.

Believe me, I know it isn't easy trying to keep track of 200 things at once. :D

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by gurusql »

Sorry I mentioned it, I was not trying to complain just play the character in the situation. Thank you for all you do! :P

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Spearmint »

The Tug of War resolution:

The Tavern Dudes, a motley crew comprising of Vann, Golgarth, Dalin, Orgoth & Steban take on the swords for hire from the Mercenary Guild. Skullduggery at its finest as false starts, letting go of the strain and kicked clods of mud to splatter the opposition. All in good faith of course. The first round goes the way of the guild and with the best of three declaring the winner, the next round is all critical.

Chasing 97 strength points, the quintet heave. (Four 2nd rolls rolls totalled, I use the superior strength 18/32 as a +3) 72 points leaving Anchor man Steban to add his penny's worth.
With dug in heels and a back breaking effort, the characters take the second round and it goes to a tie breaker. The guild wrap up 104 points, the party have 81 plus the anchor man's roll.

Steban's Final rounds of Tug of War [3d6+16]=10+16=26 [4d6]=16 vs 14

It looks like they have done it until a slip and a slide and a tumble of legs pull several of them off their feet. The 'dudes' get a complimentary ale for serving the tavern well but the crown goes to the Guild.

thanks for taking part. I will reward XP and
in the next ToW, swap the skill checks over.

I will simplify the remaining named contests and get them both up over the weekend.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Spearmint »

I will finish this thread with the last events this coming weekend and total up the XP and rewards.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Spearmint »

Hear thee, hear thee, the Town Crier rings his bell bringing a close to the day time festival events celebrating the Herne Spring festival.

Entrants are thanked for their gallant participation in cooking delicious pastry offerings, chasing down a greasy porker, wrestling each other into submission and scaring crows and children alike in bizarre and thematic scarecrow costumes.

The Maypole dancing conducted in the tavern earned kudos and cheers from an appreciative and drunken crowd. Entertaining rather than a contest, I will leave how you describe your own pole dancing attempts to your own imaginations.

The Herne Hunt, is a ritual event for Hermite devotee's rather than an inclusive event though the ceremony and feast at the Statue of Herne is open to all. As such, with no characters specifically following Herne in the village at this time, that event carries on without character participation.

Experience awards for joining in the festival is totalled below. Please adjust your sheets if you have not done so already or reconcile any additional points. The XP is awarded to each entrant and then extra earned based on progress.

Dalin: +100xp
Cadeweed +150xp
Vann Hector +238xp
Sven +236xp + greased pig 🐖
Gerdal +236xp
Sir Dewey +288xp + a copy of his winning scarecrow outfit is on display in the surrounding fields. (Benefits from +1 to any morale check within Helix confines)
Eldon +140xp +Silver Platter for winning pie
Sigrid +100xp
Cosmo +50xp
Isvand +150xp + sling with a score of +1 stones
Golgarth +250xp
Fapp +150xp
Orgoth +150xp

Sorry other player characters were either not created in time for the festival or concluded expeditions outside of Helix. Watch this thread for more days you can contribute to the community spirit and earn bonus XP.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by Stirling »

Great. Added XP to Vann Hector.

Yes, am quite sure no one wants to read about my semi-naked Maypole dance cavorting! Happy enough to get fun XP from the pies, pigs, crows, wrestling and tug of war.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#152 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Awesome!!!

I thought this aspect of the game was great fun and a good way for players to add some of their creativity to the game.

Well done, sir! Thanks! (xp added to sheet)

Now......who wants some pulled pork? :mrgreen:

sastaz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by sastaz »

OGRE MAGE wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:04 pm I thought this aspect of the game was great fun and a good way for players to add some of their creativity to the game.
Hear hear!

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#154 Post by Bluetongue »

Golgarth, probably earning more xp in Helix and from out of campaign blessings than exploring. Perhaps he should retire, much safer.

+250xp added

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

Sheet updated. Thanks!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#156 Post by GreyWolfVT »

updated Dalin +100xp
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by gurusql »

Exp Added

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Spearmint »

I will close this thread now and reopen it before the calender reaches the next festival date:

Helix Harvest Festival is held in the Duchy on the bank holiday between September 21st & 22nd.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by Spearmint »

Want to Earn Bonus XP?

Want to reach new heights of Barrowmaze immersion?

Would like to learn interesting fun facts and ooc knowledge?

Yes, of course you do!

And so in the lead up to a Christmas break for myself, I am running the:

Barrowmaze Advent Calendar.

On each day, starting December 1st through to the 25th, I will post a question about the game and each Player participant may answer, posting in their private forum threads.

All the questions will concern either a Settlement, an NPC, a character discovery or even an ooc titbit or secret that is generally public knowledge. Some may be fairly easy to answer, others might need a think.

Of course newer Players will have less specific knowledge but a little reading, some research or even trawling the archives via the Search engine will turn up most answers.

It is only for fun: there are no losers but I will award +10xp each day for a correct answer and double that if you complete each days quiz question. There might also be 'Lucky Dip' prizes and boons to bless your character with as you play along.

So +500xp up for grabs!

So get thinking caps on, join in and learn more about the game and the characters you adventure with.

I will edit here with the first question on Dec 1st:

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Spearmint »

Ok as promised, Advent is upon us and we can build towards a Christmas and festive break. So to warm cockles and hearts with a chance to earn bonus xp:

Answer the following (in your private forums), the first question of the daily Barrowmaze Advent Quiz

keeping things really simple to start with:

Dec 1st: What is the name of the bar-keeper in the Brazen Strumpet Tavern in Helix?

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”