[ARCHIVE] 02 - The Hunt Begins

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: 02 - The Hunt Begins

#121 Post by Mondego »

As Yorick frees himself from the death grip of the crocodile he utters quick prayer of thanks to The Holy Twins. Retrieving his sword from he turns to face his opponent with renewed vigor hoping to end the battle quickly in honor of his gods.

To hit: [1d20+3] = 13+3 = 16, damage with sword: [1d8+2] = 8+2 = 10

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#122 Post by Dogma »

mithrandir138 wrote: Yeah, it sucks that Exalt doesn't do that. It seems like there should be a variant (like a Skald or Warlord) that can do that. If there isn't something like that, there needs to be!

Great roleplaying BTW. If we institute Bennies, you will definitely get one for that. I am also thinking of a Bennie/XP exchange rate. "Cash in your chips for more XP" :)
thaks, it's not original though, I found a site with a bunch of old English/Scottish fold songs and paraphrased.

If some need to make another ability check or saving throw, maybe they can get the bonus, eh?

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#123 Post by mithrandir138 »

Dogma wrote:
mithrandir138 wrote: Yeah, it sucks that Exalt doesn't do that. It seems like there should be a variant (like a Skald or Warlord) that can do that. If there isn't something like that, there needs to be!

Great roleplaying BTW. If we institute Bennies, you will definitely get one for that. I am also thinking of a Bennie/XP exchange rate. "Cash in your chips for more XP" :)
thaks, it's not original though, I found a site with a bunch of old English/Scottish fold songs and paraphrased.
So what? You are putting forth the effort, that's what counts. :)
If some need to make another ability check or saving throw, maybe they can get the bonus, eh?
I'll allow it. :)

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#124 Post by jdluna »

Luna keeps slinging the darts at the crocs.

Power, phone and internet restored

moorcrys
Strider
Strider

#125 Post by moorcrys »

Dagger safely in hand and away from immediate danger, the young illusionist readies his weapon to hurl at a croc if it should move toward him.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#126 Post by mithrandir138 »

Terribly sorry: there must have been a problem with the site today. I was getting MySQL errors when I tried to update earlier. I was not able to update tonight. I expect to post in the morning.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#127 Post by mithrandir138 »

Round 5 Combat Resolution:
The decimal after your initiative is your DEX score, it helps me resolve ties.

Initiative:
Filibert: [1d10] = 5.14 | Yorick: [1d10] = 10.14 | Arot: [1d10] = 3.10 | Tomas: [1d10] = 7.10
Alias: [1d10] = 10.15 | Embiri: [1d10] = 5.9 | Vax: [1d10] = 6.16 | Luna [1d10] = 4.11
Crocodiles: [1d10] = 7 - Blink Dogs: [1d10] = 1

Actions, in order:

Alias:
Unconscious.

Yorick:
As Yorick frees himself from the death grip of the crocodile he utters quick prayer of thanks to The Holy Twins. Retrieving his sword from he turns to face his opponent with renewed vigor hoping to end the battle quickly in honor of his gods.

With a quick and mighty blow, the paladin beheads the Crocodile C2. The Blink Dogs who were also attacking the creature are quickly stilled. They look beheaded crocodile and then and at the elf to regard him for a moment to ensure that he means them no harm.

Tomas:
As Tomas pulls another arrow from his quiver and fits it to his bow. AS he sights and fires on the same croc as before he begins to sing, hoping to inspire his companions.

"When we went to the field of war
and to our weapons saw,
With true design to serve our king
and chase our fears away

And when our army was drawn up,
The bravest ever I did saw
We did not doubt to run them rout
And win the day and all

When bravely they attacked our left,
Our front and flank and all
Our bold commander on the field
Our fears their left did call
And there the greatest slaughter made
That ever we did saw,

First when they saw our Highlands mob,
They swore they'd slay us all
But we drove them back to Bonnybrigs,
Dragoons and foot and all

And when their general view our lines
And them in order saw,
He straight did march into town
And back his left did draw.

And then we rallied on the hills
And bravely up did draw,
But if you ask who won the day,
I'll tell you what I saw:
We both did fight and both were beat
And both did run away."

The party feels very inspired. Each of you will gain a bonus to any saves or checks during this encounter or shortly after.

Tomas, having seen Yorick behead the crocodile he was aiming at, let’s out a sigh of relief, but then realizes there is another crocodile still alive (C3). He aims for a shot. The next round Tomas may attack the other croc, if you like and if the croc survives.

Crocodiles:
Crocodile C3 whips his tail at the blink dog at his rear (BD4).

Whip tail attack: [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19 - Damage: [1d12] = 8

The dog yelps as it flies through the air a few feet and is knocked prone, but appears to still be alive.

Vax:
Vax puts a bullet to his sling and takes aim and releases at the croc that just released Arot from his jaws, and that just attacked BD4. Unfortunately the bullet flies over the croc and makes a loud “plop” in the river.

Filibert:
Without thinking, Filibert draws another arrow and again, lets it fly, aiming and C3. His arrow also files over the croc, and into the river.

Embiri:
Dagger safely in hand and away from immediate danger, the young illusionist readies his weapon to hurl at a croc if it should move toward him.

Luna:
Luna takes another dart out, and now at C2
Dart attack: [1d20] = 16 - Damage: [1d3] = 3

Finally the Wizard is lucky. His dart meets reptile snout and sticks in.

Arot:
Arot lets his rage engulf him and his roll free of the crocodile turns into a leap back to attack C3, which has foolishly turned its gaze away from him on onto the blink dog.

Arots axe comes down and becomes buried deeply into the crocodile's skull. Splashing crocodile blood all over Arot's body and face. The crocodile begins to briefly seizure and becomes limp.

Blink Dogs:
BD2 and BD3 after regarding Yorrick turn at the sound of their yelping companion, and start to run toward him.

GREAT JOB, GUYS! The encounter is over. You may now act freely. I will calculate experience and let you know what I get.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#128 Post by Blazeguard »

Filibert slumps to the ground as the rush of battle subsides. "Apologies for my poor aim. That croc must have rattled me more than I thought. Just give me a minute or two to rest and I'll be ready to go." The mangled leg and blood loss tell a different story though as Filibert appears to have passed out.

OOC: I didn't realize the extent of Filibert's injuries until now. He is down to only 2 hp.

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#129 Post by Mondego »

Yorick cleans his blade and returns it to his scabbard before checking on his comrades. After he has helped bandage the others he will tend to his own wounds.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#130 Post by Dogma »

"Come on, fine fine little friend. Anyone who is too tough a morsel for even the crocodiles shouldn't be bothered by a scratch such as this. Think of the ladies! How can you tell your tell of valor if you have to end it with "and then I swooned at the sight of my own blood"? Not one lass will fall to that tale!"

Tomas will pick up Filibert and drag/carry him the rest of the way to the others.

"A mighty and knightly blow Yorick! Off with his 'head, so to speak, eh? I would have had it done for with my next arrow of course. Right in the eye it would have been. Your blow will have a line my song...once I get to writing it. Of course now not only do I need to find a rhyme for 'crocodile' but I'll also need one for 'Yorick'."

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#131 Post by mithrandir138 »

Mondego wrote:Yorick cleans his blade and returns it to his scabbard before checking on his comrades. After he has helped bandage the others he will tend to his own wounds.
Is this "Lay on Hands" or just general wound tending?

jdluna
Guide
Guide

#132 Post by jdluna »

Luna looks around and tries to collect his darts. He sees if he can reach the croc that had Filibert to extract a tooth as gift for the mauled man. Can I get any of these back or are they at the bottom of the river?

Mondego
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#133 Post by Mondego »

mithrandir138 wrote:Is this "Lay on Hands" or just general wound tending?
Yorick will use lay on hands on whomever is the most badly wounded.

OOC: Cure 2 HP

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by max_vale »

As the danger seems to have passed; Vax looks around and then back at his companions; moving to help bandage anyone who needs/wants it. As he does so; he asks; "So....does anyone know where those magical dogs came from.....or why they suddenly appeared?"

NJWilliam
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#135 Post by NJWilliam »

Arot pulls his axe free of the crocodile's skull and looks about for another foe.

After a moment, seeing no other foes, he sets to the crocodile with his knife and hatchet, removing a half dozen of its largest teeth as well as a long swath of it's skin which he wraps the teeth before stuffing them in his pack.
Sebastian, A Candle in the Darkness
Ulrich, Tales of The Troll Company
Alex Fiord, The Rescuers
Hakon Geirmundarson, Pawns of the North Wind
Jameson Rowan, Silverband
Disston Symonds, Sigma Chronos

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#136 Post by mithrandir138 »

Mondego wrote:
mithrandir138 wrote:Is this "Lay on Hands" or just general wound tending?
Yorick will use lay on hands on whomever is the most badly wounded.

OOC: Cure 2 HP
You heal Alias for 2 HP, he is now conscious.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#137 Post by mithrandir138 »

jdluna wrote:Luna looks around and tries to collect his darts. He sees if he can reach the croc that had Filibert to extract a tooth as gift for the mauled man. Can I get any of these back or are they at the bottom of the river?
The ones in the river are gone. You have a 50% chance to be able to retrieve the others. Roll a d100 for each, roll low (under 50 means you find it, if over means it was lost or damaged.)

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#138 Post by mithrandir138 »

NJWilliam wrote:Arot pulls his axe free of the crocodile's skull and looks about for another foe.

After a moment, seeing no other foes, he sets to the crocodile with his knife and hatchet, removing a half dozen of its largest teeth as well as a long swath of it's skin which he wraps the teeth before stuffing them in his pack.
Good deal. Make sure you add these to your inventory if you haven't already. Keep in mind that you have a badly damaged arm at the moment.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#139 Post by mithrandir138 »

There are a few options I can recommend for you guys. (No particular order)
  • Travel back to Malforten, patch up. Possibly talk to more townsfolk to see if there's a healer there or something.
  • Camp for a while. (Risk random encounters with night watches)
  • Keep going. (Risk random and planned encounters)
What do you guys want to do? Discuss in OOC Thread.

moorcrys
Strider
Strider

#140 Post by moorcrys »

Embiri sheathes his dagger and sighs,"We will still need to brave the river... these crocs seemed to know where food crossed frequently. They were certainly unafraid to engage the lot of us." He scrutinizes the dogs as they bound toward their yelping companion. "Indeed, Vax, where did those dogs come from?"

Return to “C&C - A0: The Rising Knight”