IC III

thirdkingdom
kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: IC III

#521 Post by kalstone »

Svenn

"I could do some invisible reconnaissance once we arrive. That may help us make a more informed decision."

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#522 Post by VonAlric »

Gardo

Hearing Svenn, he nods in agreement. "That sounds good. At least let us know where most of the targets are at for us to attack, if not anything else."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#523 Post by Rex »

Shmara

"I am not opposed to your plan Feargus, but maybe we should scout out what we find there first and then adjust your plan based on what we find."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#524 Post by shaidar »

Newton

"More information is never a bad thing before finalising a plan."

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#525 Post by Atlictoatl »

Whifflespice Tangleblossom

"I will follow your strategy," the fae man concurred. "While I have no small skill at arms, I have never before either assaulted a keep or rescued a princess, and so will defer to those more experienced at such things."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#526 Post by shaidar »

Newton bursts into laughter "Well, we had better go and find someone who has then and ask them"

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#527 Post by Atlictoatl »

Whifflespice Tangleblossom

Tangleblossom smiles as well, nodding, not understanding.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#528 Post by thirdkingdom »

Sixthmonth, Twentyfourthday?
Fourth Day in Faery

A camp is established, and the same watch order as before is kept. Night seems deeper, and longer here, than it did elsewhere in Faery. There, within the Summer Court, the days are as long as the oft-remembered summer days of childhood, that seem to stretch on to infinity. Here, on the border of what Drift calls Wild Faery, night seems to come swiftly, and last for longer. To the mortal-born adventurers, it is closer to what they are used to, but perhaps Tangleblossom, a child of Summer, is somewhat disconcerted by the long period of darkness.

"It will get worse once we enter the Lonely Wood," says Drift, as he is settling in to sleep, having hobbled his feresochi after letting it graze a bit, "and outside the bounds of the Summer Court. It may alo get colder, but that is harder to say. The Wild Courts are . . . different."
: 2#1d6 2 6
There is an encounter, and it happens during the last watch, when Shmara and Ribar are on watch.
Is anyone surprised? : 1d6 3 3d6 8 5d20 44
Sixthmonth, Twentyfifthday?
Fifth Day in Faery

Despite Drift's warnings, the sun has been up for hours, and Shmara and Ribar have taken the last watch. The pair feel a prickling 'pon the napes of their neck, and look up to espy a half-dozen giant spiders, each the size of one of the feresochi the companions road, scuttling towards them from the direction of the Lonely Woods! The agile arachnids are perhaps 45 yards away from the edge of the camp, and although their eight-fold eyes are difficult to read, it does not look like they are approaching for a palaver!

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#529 Post by shaidar »

Ribar grabs his sword and shield

"Awake! Awake! Huge bloody spiders!"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#530 Post by Rex »

Shmara

Shmara starts nudging people awake with her foot as she readies her spear. "Spiders!"

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#531 Post by VonAlric »

Gardo

Gardo wakes up and grabs sword and shield. "Faerie is out to make sure I never get a full night's sleep. Never get this problem where we come from."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#532 Post by kalstone »

Svenn

Svenn grabs his sword, then turns invisible, hoping to take one of the spiders by surprise.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#533 Post by shaidar »

Newton grabs his long bow and starts shooting at the lead spider.

He glances over to Toma and Wilter "Bows! Stick close, and don't do any stupidly heroic"

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#534 Post by Atlictoatl »

Tangleblossom

Tangleblossom rises, and casts Entangle on the area the spiders are moving through.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#535 Post by thirdkingdom »

Round One

The spiders scuttle forward, but Ribar and Shmara are fast, grabbing weapons and rousing their companions with calls before the aggressive arachnids are able to close the distance!
Okay, everyone else is asleep when the spiders are first spotted, so won't be able to act in this round.
Initiative (PCs first):: 2#1d6 3 6 Spiders cannot actually reach the camp, but *just* barely. They're 5 yards away from the camp.

Actions for Round Two? If Ribar or Shmara want to actually attack during Round One let me know and I'll roll that out, as well.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#536 Post by shaidar »

Newton

The spiders close faster than the scout expects and he switches to axes "Damn! Melee weapons! Form a line, let's not let anyone get surrounded"

The_Wanderer
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#537 Post by The_Wanderer »

Feargus
Feargus is slow to grasp the danger but when he does he calls out, "To your feet Goshawk, Mardan. Grab your weapons, don't let them bite you."

Feargus will get his shield and sword up and dive into the fray, expecting Goshawk to follow and Mardan to hold back and allow himself to fire on the spiders with his bow.

kalstone
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#538 Post by kalstone »

Svenn

Svenn takes up a position on the end of the line and tries to attack one by surprise.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#539 Post by Rex »

Shmara

Shmara will attack with her spear.

Just noticed I don't have a sheet to attach for rolls, will need a campaign # I think. Can you roll for me until then?

Atlictoatl
Ranger
Ranger

#540 Post by Atlictoatl »

Tangleblossom

Tangleblossom tries to cast Entangle to the rear of the spiders, grabbing them while avoiding his comrades. "By the sun's rays, this better take effect before they are intermingled with us!" he exclaims.

Return to “A Brave New World (OSE)”