The Tomb of Demara

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: The Tomb of Demara

#21 Post by Dogma »

"I pray too that we shall not be too late, but what will be will be if the god's will it," added Lordan.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by Distorted Humor »

I take what little I have and become ready for the road.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by mithrandir138 »

Anyone want to "go to town to get supplies"? If so, just pretend you did and let me know what you bought.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#24 Post by Distorted Humor »

mithrandir138 wrote:Anyone want to "go to town to get supplies"? If so, just pretend you did and let me know what you bought.
how much gold do I have?

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by Blazeguard »

The gold disappears inside Slinker's cloak as he bows graciously and says, "You are too kind sir. We will surely do our best to find your friend". Turning to the others he says, "A quick stop for supplies and then lets be on our way."

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by mithrandir138 »

Distorted Humor wrote:
mithrandir138 wrote:Anyone want to "go to town to get supplies"? If so, just pretend you did and let me know what you bought.
how much gold do I have?
The thief just negotiated 25gp for extra supplies -- maybe he will share? The equipment list is also abbreviated and on the last page of the Basic Rules: download/file.php?id=376

Since this is a pretty stripped down version of 2e, you already have some starting equipment on your sheet and there doesn't seem to be any rules for "starting gold" due to this.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by mithrandir138 »

There's also a moneylender in town, if you are interested, I will look up the rules/interest rates, etc.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by Dogma »

Each of the PC sheets have backpacks, torches, and sacks listed as equipment.

Some stuff is free on the list, like food and water and candles,

of the things that cost money, I think we should buy 50' rope (1 gp), a fire starting kit (1g), a grappling hook(1g), a lantern (7 gp), and some flasks of oil (10 gp each! What is this...whale oil?)

If we only have the 25 gp to work with that would be 20 gp (assume 1 flask of oil) though I would like a few more flask of oil.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Blazeguard »

I'm good with that. Just to clarify, is this 25 gp over and above the 100 that he promised us or is it just an advance?

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by mithrandir138 »

Blazeguard wrote:I'm good with that. Just to clarify, is this 25 gp over and above the 100 that he promised us or is it just an advance?
Let's say it's over and above.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by max_vale »

OOC: I'm good with that dogma

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by mithrandir138 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixa6On3lH3w

After your last words with Nethril, a servant shows you out and points you on the road to the ruined castle. A few villagers wave as you leave, but you think most of them will be surprised to ever see you again.

The group makes their way to the castle, nothing interesting happens along the way.

It is late in the day by the time the heroes reach the castle. A cold wind blows through the dead trees around the ruin. Dark clouds make everything seem gray and lonely. The castle sits on top of a hill and can bee seen from far away. Once it had strong walls and tall towers. Now the towers are fallen and the walls have collapsed in many places. There is a heavy door in the gate, but it looks like it could be opened.

What do you do?

Attached is a map of the entrance to the castle.
Castle Entrance.jpg
Castle Entrance.jpg (226.9 KiB) Viewed 849 times

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by Blazeguard »

Slinker checks the gate and the area around the entrance for traps or signs of any other occupants.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by mithrandir138 »

Blazeguard wrote:Slinker checks the gate and the area around the entrance for traps or signs of any other occupants.
Slinker doesn't see any sign of traps. He does notice the sign of orcs around the area. There are definitely other creatures here.

Brund the Decrepit
Tracker
Tracker

#35 Post by Brund the Decrepit »

Silverleaf will ready his bow and watch for any movement along the upper portion of the castle while Slinker performs his search. 'I don't like the feel of this place, never mind the stench...'

OOC: Silverleaf has Magic Missle memorized for his daily spell.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by max_vale »

Morganth does his best to keep an alert look out for any signs of danger while his stronger and younger companions deal with the issue of gaining entrace to the ruined castle....

Brund the Decrepit
Tracker
Tracker

#37 Post by Brund the Decrepit »

So we can see into the front chamber through the down portcullis? Is the image true to what we see?

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by mithrandir138 »

Brund the Decrepit wrote:So we can see into the front chamber through the down portcullis? Is the image true to what we see?
Correct. The image is true to what you see there - this is the exact map from the adventure.

mithrandir138
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by mithrandir138 »

mithrandir138 wrote:
Brund the Decrepit wrote:So we can see into the front chamber through the down portcullis? Is the image true to what we see?
Correct. The image is true to what you see there - this is the exact map from the adventure.
The caveat being that the embellishments outside of the castle seem to be just for decoration. For example, the creatures that appear outside of the castle are just there for decorations from what I can gather. There is no mention of them in the adventure.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#40 Post by Distorted Humor »

I ask if i should try to lift the metal up so we can go in.

Return to “AD&D 2e - First Quest Box”