The Low Lantern

hedgeknight
Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

Re: The Low Lantern

#61 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:15 pm
Amrik looks up at Tommy and Vier'zt and calls from across the room, "So, have you finally worked up enough nerve to come for a loan?"

Tommy walks down he deck to the table where Amirk sits, as he walks, he takes a read of the room discreetly (no windows, one exit, 3 bouncers, he takes note of the sleepy redhead with the ponytail and the raven bartender, notes any weapons or equipment, any crossbows or ranged weapons behind the bar etc) when Amirk mentions money lending he thinks there should be a stash of cash to conduct the business and keeps an eye for where the money could be handy

as he gets to the table he raises an eyebrow trying to look impressed and sits at the table with Amirk
not really, just getting to know the neighborhood (he looks at the table, if there are any snaks he takes one and tosses it at the spiny creature behind to catch) and then sets his feet also on the table and surveys the room again)
nice place you set up here...  i see why everyone seems to point to Amirk as the man to talk to...then takes his feet down and and inches a bit closer saying Is that true, are you the man to talk to? say if someone wanted to pass things through the city, just help the right people look the other way when needed, are you the man who can make things happen? then sits back again getting comfortable again i mean, if someone wanted to you know, like i said i'm just getting to know the neighborhood he smiles
I need to take a pisss...  (he gets up when in private he casts minor illusion to have a tattoo of the Zhentarim snake on his inner arm that he can casually show it pieaking under his shirt when moving looking to get comfortable)OOC: if he was able to do the tattoo ilusion before hand that would work also
comes back and when sitting down he lets the tattoo casually show as he gets comfortable and then he settles his shirt with natural movements covering it again
you know, i really i hope my friends like the neighborhood too  
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by hedgeknight »

Tommy doesn't notice anything unusual as he walks over to the couches. Amrik wears well-tailored clothing and carries a curved dagger on his belt. Amrik orders two drinks while offering Tommy a seat on the couch opposite. Amrik watches Tommy closely while he talks, and so does the spiny creature sitting on the back of the couch.

Amrik chuckles when Tommy finishes talking and says, "You must have me confused with another man. I just offer loans to those in need. I don't know anything about slicking palms and dirty dealings in the dark. I'm a man of business. My money helps those in need and I get satisfaction helping others out of a tight spot, with some compensation of course, such is the nature of good business.
"But...if you are looking to move contraband through the city...well, I am NOT the man to talk to about that. In fact, I want nothing to do with anything unsavory or illegal. Are we clear?"

Amrik looks over at Vier'zt. "What about you, dark elf? You here for a loan or just to waste my time?"
Attachments
Low Lantern Tavern & Lounge.jpg
Low Lantern Tavern & Lounge.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 1388 times
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by Belkregos »

smithy211 wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:42 pm Vier'zt follows Tommy, speaking quietly, "Amirk, no I am not with him or aligned with him in anyway. I found him interesting though, and had thought to look into him as he seems to be the cause of much of the troubles in the city... allegedly of course. Your friends death, while unnecessary, would prove the rumors of his being the root of issues in the city to be true. I think anyway. You have no reason to apologize, I would ask you similar if the roles were reversed here. Tommy, it is good to meet you. I am Vier'zt.""
OOC: on the way down
Tommy Nods to Vie'zt,
seems we have similar interest then
continues down the stairwell
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:29 pm Tommy doesn't notice anything unusual as he walks over to the couches. Amrik wears well-tailored clothing and carries a curved dagger on his belt. Amrik orders two drinks while offering Tommy a seat on the couch opposite. Amrik watches Tommy closely while he talks, and so does the spiny creature sitting on the back of the couch.

Amrik chuckles when Tommy finishes talking and says, "You must have me confused with another man. I just offer loans to those in need. I don't know anything about slicking palms and dirty dealings in the dark. I'm a man of business. My money helps those in need and I get satisfaction helping others out of a tight spot, with some compensation of course, such is the nature of good business.
"But...if you are looking to move contraband through the city...well, I am NOT the man to talk to about that. In fact, I want nothing to do with anything unsavory or illegal. Are we clear?"

Tommy Smiles and leans back in the couch
sure sure, of course, like i said, im just getting to know the neighborhood
tries to look casual but keeps an alert eye taking note of any interesting details,

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by Belkregos »

​Tommy takes a back seat on the conversation taking in the details he is interested in seeing who is Amirk's second in command and making a mental note of any distinctive possessions from amirk and the others
after any discussion he interjects

I understand there needs to be an certain amount of trust in any transaction or at the very least least interests need to be aligned, might take a bit of knowing each other but i believe we can do business...
he stands up
eventually

nods to Vizert
i have run a few errands if you have time we can continue the tour of the neighborhood or we can meet back here, I'd be interested in continuing the conversation

Tommy will head out to the Sorcerous Sundries and try to find Rivalen Blackhand​

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by hedgeknight »

Starting a new thread for Tommy.

What is Vier'zt doing? Staying at the Lantern? Leaving?
Winter is coming...

smithy211
Runner
Runner

#67 Post by smithy211 »

Vier'zt smiles, his dark skin in stark contrast to his perfectly white teeth, "Any reasonable conversation is no waste of time, is it? No, I do not need a loan, as I doubt your terms are all that favorable, in all likelihood they are probably atrocious. And I'm sure you do know nothing of shady business in the city... that explains why you drink here and not in the finer establishments Baldur's Gate has to offer." Vier'zt looks over at Tommy, "I could stand to stretch my legs, if I won't burden you, I'll check the neighborhood out with you."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by hedgeknight »

Amrik shrugs and sips his wine. Behind his smile, his eyes are not amused in the least.
He watches Vier'zt leave with the Tabaxi, whispers something to the creature leaning over his shoulder, and then laughs. The creature hisses a strange sounding chuckle and watches the pair leave.

OOC: We'll say Vier'zt accompanied Tommy to Sorcerous Sundries and is waiting just inside the door of the shop.
Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by hedgeknight »

Having left Sorcerous Sundries with more questions than answers, Tommy and Vier'zt head back toward the docks, intent on scoping the Low Lantern. If any of the brothers Vanthampur show up, they can follow.
Vier'zt is speaking to Tommy about needing disguises when they hear a woman laughing, rather loudly and rather close by. Looking up, they notice a female tiefling, arms crossed, laughing at them. She shakes her head and says, "Hey drow boy, your armor looks like it barely fits and couldn't protect you in a real fight. I have something that could...imbue it with real protective magic. You interested?'

Scalm.png
Scalm.png (831.3 KiB) Viewed 1379 times
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:03 am "Hey drow boy, your armor looks like it barely fits and couldn't protect you in a real fight. I have something that could...imbue it with real protective magic. You interested?'
Tommy tries to hide his surprise as the woman speaks and chuckles as he examines Vier'zt attire then looks back at the tiefling and surroundings trying to figure out if she has any acomplices and they are going to get jumped 
I thought the farmers market was on the weekend, 
then nods to Vier'zt and shrugs his shoulders
but i'll take a deal when i can get it

what's yer name then my horny lady? my friend here is Vier'zt though Drow boy has a nice ring to it, im Tommy
Tommy tries to keep a discrete  eye of the comings and goings of the low lantern while engaged in the conversation

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by hedgeknight »

You're actually somewhere between the Elfsong Tavern and the Blade and Stars with this encounter; nowhere near the docks and the Low Lantern ;)

The tiefling's smile is a row of white teeth; are some of them sharp? Probably just the dim lighting. She laughs and pulls two vials out of a pouch at her belt. "Raptor repellent! Guaranteed to repel lizards, dinos, crocs, turtles, and the like! Normally a vial this size, which is enough to cover your armor, sells for around 20 gold. But...seeing as I've sold most of my product today, I'm willing to let these go for 10 gold each."
She smiles and tilts her head slightly. "Whaddaya say? Deal?"
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by Belkregos »

oh yea, that iguana repellent is a really good one, i can see it working already and here's the proof!, none of those nasty T-REX around! and all because of this great repellant!, it's a really good deal!,
I'd hate to see this opportunity pass by, but i think it should go to he hands of someone who can really use it! it will save lives!
i know where you can find someone who needs it, i heard them needing one for a marsh and jungle expedition, maybe i can show you where to find a buyer,
how about a finders fee 10%, 1 gold finders fee, we can walk over right now, just one gold

Tommy smiles and with his paw out waiting for the payment (not really), if he doesn't see the coin he continues
ok, ok,we just met and i can see you are a very streetwise person and you seem very trust worthy so i'll take a risk and show you where you can sell it and you can give me the finders fee then 
he starts walking in the direction of the low lantern and gestures her to walk along
you'll see this is the place to sell, so many customers all needing this repellent, you'll probably need more to sell, but don't worry i wont charge any extra for the new customers and sales, only ask for the finders fee, you can have all the profits of other sales.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by hedgeknight »

The tiefling looks skeptical, but finally shrugs and follows Tommy and Vier'zt, walking beside the Tabaxi.
"I'm Scalm," she says. "So, where are we going? I have business back at home; I can't go too far."
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#74 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:23 pm The tiefling looks skeptical, but finally shrugs and follows Tommy and Vier'zt, walking beside the Tabaxi.
"I'm Scalm," she says. "So, where are we going? I have business back at home; I can't go too far."
well Scalm, it is a little far, down by the docks, if you want to find adventurers heading out to jungles and marshes thats the spot
Tommy walks a little slower 
you're from around here then? Do you know Lupeen from the blade and stars?
OOC: tommy will continue to string the conversation trying to get information on Aurayaun and the urchins Belle, Charlieand eventually about the scarred face man

do you know who Mortlock is?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by hedgeknight »

Scalm cocks her head. "I know Lupeen and the Blade and Stars is a nice place, I guess. And yes, I know Mortlock Vanthampur...who doesn't? Why do you ask? You going to meet him or something? If so, you're heading in the wrong direction. Everybody knows he oversees a shady bathhouse over in Heapside."
She glances sideways at Vier'zt. "You're friend don't talk much, does he?"
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 pm Scalm cocks her head. "I know Lupeen and the Blade and Stars is a nice place, I guess. And yes, I know Mortlock Vanthampur...who doesn't? Why do you ask? You going to meet him or something? If so, you're heading in the wrong direction. Everybody knows he oversees a shady bathhouse over in Heapside.

the bathhouse of course, why didn't i think of that before, the repellant is perfect, heard there may be issues with some reptiles in the waterways, don't know if small one or bigger, but what i do know is that the Vanthampur's have more coin and we will save them from this trouble, never hurts to be on their good side, we'll leave the docks as option B, 
lets go to the bathhouse over in Heapside

he picks up the pace in that direction

you've been there then, to the bathhouse? inside? let me about it, any details will help, always good to know your customer

continues walking

hedgeknight wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:39 pm Scalm cocks her head.
She glances sideways at Vier'zt. "You're friend don't talk much, does he?"

He's the strong silent type, he snaps in to action when needed, he's very efficient and doesn't waste time with words
lets go

OOC: will roll to try to read the tiefling when talking about Lupeen, trying to read her reaction if she is a friend and may be able to trust her
Perception: [1d20+4]=18+4=22 ; Insight: [1d20+4]=13+4=17

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by hedgeknight »

Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by hedgeknight »

The Low Lantern is pretty much as Tommy remembers, and Mortlock is nervous about being this close to it...even though it is a good 100 feet away. The docks are busy with the Harbor Hands helping with loading and unloading, docking boats and casting off. The Low Lantern is quiet, which is not unusual for this early hour (it's roughly 9:00 am).
Tommy and Mortlock watch and wait for nearly an hour, but see nothing out of the ordinary. Suddenly, Mortlock stiffens and says, "Those two fellows over there. They are members of Diamond Urchin's crew."

Tommy follows Mortlock's gaze and sees two men leaning against a barrel, trying to look like they are doing nothing except leaning against a barrel. One has a dark stain on his shirt, and the other is clearly favoring his right leg. Both look to have been in a fight recently.
Winter is coming...

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:06 pm Suddenly, Mortlock stiffens and says, "Those two fellows over there. They are members of Diamond Urchin's crew."

Tommy follows Mortlock's gaze and sees two men leaning against a barrel, trying to look like they are doing nothing except leaning against a barrel. One has a dark stain on his shirt, and the other is clearly favoring his right leg. Both look to have been in a fight recently.
Tommy lowers the hood of his cloak his eyes darting looking for anything else suspicious, Morlocks mentioned his family had Imp spies and he hasn't been able to relax since then imagining the devilish eyes on him

the Diamond Urchin, that could complicate things, i didnt know she was with Amirk? they look a little worse for wear
....waits for any comment from Mortlock..

i was thinking i could make an excuse to walk in and scout the place, i can send you a message and whenever you come in they wont know were together, any thoughts?

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#80 Post by Belkregos »

hedgeknight wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:06 pm The Low Lantern is pretty much as Tommy remembers, and Mortlock is nervous about being this close to it...even though it is a good 100 feet away. "Those two fellows over there. They are members of Diamond Urchin's crew."

OOC: how far away are the 2 fellows from us?

Return to “Adventures in Baldur's Gate (5e)”