Helix: The Foul Pheasant

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Helix: The Foul Pheasant

#161 Post by Spearmint »

The Foul Pheasant

"Sure, anytime. We will know where to find you. I am sure Azzopardi will be appreciative too."
perplexed by being made to audition his thieving skill to people apparently uninterested in employing thieves,
perhaps Perni doesn't need anything stealing

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#162 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin after leaving the Chapel heads into the Pheasant wishing to update Red Erik that he will have to delay going on the expedition for a bit longer. "I'm deeply sorry Erik, but as you can see I need to go talk with a Druid I met once about my current affliction." afterwards he will pay the good lady who owns the Pheasant 50 gp "It is my small thanks for the hospitality and treatment you've given me. In-case I don't find a cure for my disease, I'd like all of my coin to go to you and this establishment." after this he leaves and goes straight to his room avoiding the public the rest of the time.

deducted 50 gp from inventory had 304 no idea what to add from the last expedition
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by Spearmint »

The Foul Pheasant

Dalin visits the establishment. With no kin or near relatives at hand he chats with those he knows. Calling Pernicious over he shares a gift and passes over a small parchment.

for just this occasion, the pdf has such a document.

"Well, sweetie, you are still worth more alive than dead." she says, pouring a glass of some wine and raises a toast to your recovering health.

After you leave she files the parchment away with scores of others that she or the girls have yet to cash in.

Attachments
Barrowmaze 'Last Will & Testament '
Barrowmaze 'Last Will & Testament '
Screenshot_20220411-232753~2.png (480.02 KiB) Viewed 455 times

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#164 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
Enters to spend some coin on his favorite ladies & to see if anything/anyone interesting is in residence. 10gp, 6sp deducted.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Spearmint »

The Foul Pheasant

During your time in the tavern, enjoying a few low wager card games and the delights of tall, short, plump, slim; whatever your fancy of the ladies.

You notice one recently black eyed and bruised rake, a smarmy fellow missing a front tooth. He drinks alone. In another window booth, two halflings blow hollow notes across the mouth of bottle necks. They look in a celebratory mood.

By the bar a muscled half-orc female warrior, dressed in furs and an exotic feather gown chats up some ladies of her own.

It is almost a usual crowd, some regular village patrons keeping to the tables and courtyard cockfighting, adventurer types flashing the cash and living it up like a possible no tomorrow.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#166 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
Comes back into the Foul Phaesant (after reserving a room for the night at the other place) to hang out. He will dole out sp & gp to the girls and ask for any interesting rumors they've heard. 20gp deducted

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Spearmint »

The Foul Pheasant

"Ah, welcome back. Come to spend more coins irresponsibly?" Pernicious greets Fydmar

As before you spend a few gold, entertaining yourself and the serving wenches alike. On the search for rumour and news.

Fydmar rumours [1d20]=12[1d20]=1[1d20]=11

At the gaming table, it is not just coins wagered but to call against 'all in' deals, a couple of gamblers wager trinkets of goblets and jewelled bangles. "Got these for the taking. Just filched out the grasp of a skeleton. You can trade with them. Seen it first hand, yellow turbaned merchants speaking an ancient tongue swapping blades for gold." one boasts of a trio to the barrow mounds.

Dallying with a lap girl over a bottle of fine wine, she whispers about other "dwarves who ventured to some mines in the north. Only one came back, the others turned into ghosts and haunt the tunnels."

'Rooster' Rogan the wrestling bouncer at the door says he has heard that "the more blood spilt in the Barrow Mounds, the more the evil grows. So you have to use bludgeoning weapons otherwise the blood pools and turns into necrotic leeches and blood sucking slugs. Only blessed salt will kill them."

How true they are is yet to be determined but they are the most interesting titbits, apart from those jelly wobblers over spilling low cut dresses that you can get your hands on.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#168 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
(to Pernicious) Of course. What good is coin if you don't spend it irresponsibly?
(to the lap girl, quietly) Do you know who the dwarf is that made it back? Are they here? 2gp to her to help her remember
Once he is done with her, he will join the gaming table. Did I hear you say skeletons who are merchants? Sounds like a "tall" tale to me.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Spearmint »

The Foul Pheasant

Fydmar sticks and twists in the saloon, edging his bets and loosening tongues for information.

The dwarf who was supposed to have survived the ghost mine is not in the tavern but you can effect discreet enquiries and try to locate him through the Forge dwarven community hub.

Asking around, you can leave details regarding your interest in his story and give it a few days in the hope it provokes him to contact or your get more details. He might make an introduction when you are next returning from expedition.

As to the tale of trading skeletons, the man insists his testimony is true and he intends to get some silk turbans made by the weavers and go plunder the barrow mounds.

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#170 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
After spending another 40gp for entertainment, he leaves and heads to the Forge.

GreyWolfVT

#171 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin pops in and greets his usual friends and heads straight to Pernicious with a flourish and a smile. "How do I look Perni? Sorry no inheritance today. But you do still get to see my smilingmug again." he chuckles.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Spearmint »

The Foul Pheasant

The visitor, seen as a regular at least over this last month and with regular tipping, quite the favourite with the house ladies. Dalin enters, taking a seat at the low bar and engaging in small talk with the staff.

There is little to report. You have not much feedback on Perni's spying request and she has little new gossip. The main talking points resolve around seasonal adventurers striking it good in the Barrow Mounds or recent town events such as the Hospice blaze and Soothsayer trial.

"Ever get to Ironguard?" she asks.

GreyWolfVT

#173 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin shakes his head "Nah, been meaning to though. Things just keep turning on me and changing my plans. I may finally get to go now though." the dwarf shows Perni some of the recently acquired gems "These aren't cut yet but if youd like one call it yours for the ah emotional trauma I may have caused by not passing and leaving you that inheritance." he chuckles and winks at Perni. "Maybe time for a game before I go too far though."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Spearmint »

The Foul Pheasant

You pass the evening; there is dice and cards in the gaming room and several rounds of cockfighting in the courtyard outside. Wines, spirits and other entertainments of choice negotiated as want.

Pernicious adds the gemstone to the gifted tokens she regularly receives. She also notes something on your fingers that for several weeks you may have overlooked.

A signet ring gifted you by Renata the brigandine. You note the recognition in the halfling landlady's eyes, perhaps a new found respect too.

GreyWolfVT

#175 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin asks Perni "Something wrong Perni?"

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by Spearmint »

The Foul Pheasant

"Have you ever been to the Toasted Troll ? Well, if you decide to go, perhaps you can deliver a message for me." Pernicious responds to Dalin, then goes about serving customers.

you might remember this tavern as the joint used by rogues loyal to Renata though Bogtown itself has a reputation for hosting several bandit groups.

GreyWolfVT

#177 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin shakes his head not recalling visiting that location but he does remember Renata. "No but I did help Renata, at one time in getting back that way. You a friend of hers?" he says in a very low tone moving closer to Perni.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#178 Post by Spearmint »

The Foul Pheasant

"Most of the 'common' folk are 'friends' of hers. At least she has a reputation to being the People's Champion. Certainly set her face against the Duchy schemes, what with raiding the tax coffers and burglary in the church.

A fine bounty on her head. I refused to stick a poster up. Scheming some Ironguard heist, so little birds sing to me."

Pernicious responds to Dalin.

GreyWolfVT

#179 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin nods his head "I only met her by accident but it was a good one, much like our little introduction." the dwarf chuckles and winks "Though not quite as invasive."

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#180 Post by Spearmint »

The Foul Pheasant

"That so. Well honey pie, let me know if you travel out to the settlement and I can get you to run an errand or two. Be sweet of you, Diggler Silverhand."

Pernicious suggests to Dalin before she sees to other customers and he goes to various entertainments.

if or when you decide to go to Bogtown and the Toasted Troll, I will detail her request in your private thread.

Return to “Settlement: Helix”