Expedition planning and discussions

Spearmint
Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Expedition planning and discussions

#1 Post by Spearmint »

Please use this thread to plan and prepare any out of town exploration or to discuss any character intentions. That way the OOC topic stays for out of character player comments.

eg: you post here , 'Name xyz will buy a lantern and sledgehammer for the trip' or 'hey guys, shall we hire a cleric to come with us or a ranger?'

Remember you could try to recruit mercenary hirelings from the guild or post your own recruiting threads on the town bulletin board.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Expedition planning and discussions

#2 Post by Bluetongue »

Golgarth

I suggested a group get together to go collect the spider silk as it gives a specific money amount that we could all do with. I didn't want to preempt any thing Mai was considering and I am fine going along as a meatshield.

Maybe Mai can go check out with the poster Valeron all the details?.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin currently has no expeditions in mind, though the next look at the bulletin board he might consider talking to Red Erik.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Urson »

I was about to do just that, Bluetongue.
FA FO

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Spearmint »

I will just wait for Mai Ronin to conclude with Valeron and unless there is any more stuff explored in the village, I will open a thread for the spider silk group.

Sir Dewey is also in the church but committed to going as well. Though I expect that scene to resolve itself quickly.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Seeing as how our amazing DM is not messing around, the spider group needs to prepare.

Maybe a guide? Plenty of supplies and torches? A way to hunt?

What's the current composition of the group?

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Spearmint »

The group consists of Mai, Sigrid, Cadeweed, Cosmo, Golgarth and Sir Dewey.

I will retrospectively let you shop equipment here or in the forum. Just list for example 'I buy 10 torches, a lantern and a new wineskin for $xyz gp'

If you want a specific guide you can approach the mercenary guild as a group action in the forum rather than using the village thread.

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by gurusql »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:23 pm Seeing as how our amazing DM is not messing around, the spider group needs to prepare.

Maybe a guide? Plenty of supplies and torches? A way to hunt?

What's the current composition of the group?
I agree a guide and a better plan than chase the halfling. :lol:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Urson »

Mai will purchase a sheep or a goat- whichever is easiest to get. -2 gp.
FA FO

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Spearmint »

I assume the young kid will be a sacrificial lamb. A billy goat, bleating and cute with little horns and a penchant to lick your hand lovingly is bought. You lead it off by a chord lead. (-10sp) not -2gp.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Urson »

noted, and updated.
FA FO

Quonundrum
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Quonundrum »

Moriartus is leading an investigation into the trouble at the Crooked Yew hives if there is anyone left not currently on an expedition, or ... anyone currently on an expedition who just determined that giant poisonous spiders really isn't their bag.

You can try giant poisonous bees instead! :D

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Spearmint »

I was trying to nudge Friar John (Jedion357) to follow up on this with you but he has not posted since 10 days ago.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Spearmint »

Sigrid walks along quietly having paid the guide out of her coins. -11gp, -10sp
Noted. Just read the meeting with Sir Dewey and the Mercenary Guild to understand the hirelings conditions.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Spearmint »

Might have another player just rolling up and hopefully in time to join Moriatus.

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Stirling »

Vann Hector, thought on Rangers thread.

It seems after the Bullywug encounter we are all on minimal health. With no cleric to favour us or potions to drink, it would be sensible to return to the village and try again when we get healed up or report back to the miller we failed to get very far.

I am fine with pressing on to the river at least if it is only s mile away, but my feelings are the riverbanks may hold more dangers.

So over to Dalin and Rondahl. What do you advise?

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dalin though dwarven pride instills him to keep going the logical side of his brain advises seeking some clergy to potentially come with and give it a second go.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by SirOwen »

Rondahl is at about 1/4 hit points. Without a more definite destination for healing at the river, he, too, is in favor of returning to the Chapel. Getting rebuffed by the Bullywugs really isn't a failure, though. I'm not sure we should report what happened as a failure. Just a first step. "Yes, sir, we encountered some hostiles, so it is certainly possible the other men did as well. We are about to return for further reconnaissance." That sort of thing.
"There is no spoon."

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yes Dalin is 1 of 6 HP himself so agree all around in going back to town. I say call it a "scouting mission" that we succeeded in reconnaissance.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#20 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven and Orgoth are currently in the process of recruiting members for a second trip out onto the moors.

It looks like the halfling fighter Isvand has agreed to accompany them, but they could use a few more. (looking specifically for a cleric and thief, but will take another fighter as well)

I would like to organize anything that isn't roleplayed out at the tavern here in this thread. Starting with.....

Once back in their shared private room, Sven lets Orgoth know what he got for his ring, what he learned about the pickled body parts, and asks his opinion about what to do with the healing mud they found.

"I used my magic and more gold than I should have to find out that the pickled body parts we found were totally useless to us. I was hoping they would be good for making potions or something, but no dice there."

"We have to make a decision about the healing mud in the other jar we found. The clerics at the church want us to donate it to them so they can heal the sick, and will give us gold and holy water in return. But that stuff could be invaluable to us out in the wild, so I wanted to ask your opinion about it before we decided what to do with it. Neither of us has any ties to the chapel here, so what do you think friend?"

Return to “Barrowmaze (1e)”