Helix: The Brazen Strumpet

qtkat
Scout
Scout

Re: Helix: The Brazen Strumpet

#1221 Post by qtkat »

Veronica
Rex wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:07 pm "What kind of work are you look for precisely Veronica? I am involved in 3 kinds of work primarily, fixing up buildings, wells and what not around the village. Always need help there, but its heavy work. We are building a new guild hall, more heavy lifting type stuff, and lastly exploring the moors and borrowmaze. That is high risk work there but has the potential to make you more money then the other work I do although that can be much more rewarding in other ways."
"Well, I've ventured out into the world for the sake of adventure so risk and danger are of little concern. But I certainly see no shame in manual labor. It's only fair that everyone in society pulls their own weight."

"Tell me more about this Guild Hall"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1222 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"It is in its early stages now. Just a tent city really. Me and Sven founded the Adventurers Guild together, I am the Sargent at Arms actually. We have a bunch of members now. It allows us to share information, maps, that sort of thing. It also lets us help expeditions form and find help or the right mix of adventurers and of course for individuals to find an expedition to work with. It does have annual dues of 100gp, which is rough for someone starting out but some of us have helped new comers out with a loan. The money is going to build the guild up right now, although we help around town as much as possible too, we intend to be part of the community not just focused on the Barrowmoor. Are you an experienced adventurer? I ask as sometimes it is a good idea to make sure you are not in over your head before sending someone off with a more experienced expedition that intends to go in deep. You don't have to join the guild to go adventuring or even to join an expedition of sponsored by the guild, but there are more rules around that I have forgotten at the moment. Sven is better at explaining things then me."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1223 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I dunno, I thought that explanation was pretty good. :D

Let me know if you want me to jump in here, as Sven is also in town at this time.

Though I'm trying not to swamp our absent DM with too many side posts.
:mrgreen:

qtkat
Scout
Scout

#1224 Post by qtkat »

That sounds like a capital idea. Structued cooperation is always more effective and efficient than individual effort.
To answer your question, Orgoth, I'm not very experienced but eager to prove my skills and abilities,
Veronica says while fondling her spear. and I couldnt afford ore than the first month of dues but I am intrigued by this guild. Can you introduce me to Sven?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1225 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

Of course.

Orgoth takes her to meet Sven.

Cue Sven, figured I could fill in for SM on this one.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1226 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I am pretty sure the Guild threads are private, so I will meet you here, since Kat would need to be added to them before she sees them, and SM needs to do that.

So......

A disheveled, scar faced young man with orange hair, likely no more than 20 years old, walks into the tavern to find his most trusted ally and a newcomer chatting.

"Oh, hey there big fella. Who do we have here? Looks like a fresh face ready to go on some kind of adventure?"

He raises a finger and outstretched thumb to Bollo, his way of ordering an ale, I suppose.

"Hi there! I am known as Sven by the good people of Helix. Though probably called something worse by the bad ones", he jokes.

"Where do you come from, Miss?"
Sven.jpeg
Sven.jpeg (128.03 KiB) Viewed 204 times

qtkat
Scout
Scout

#1227 Post by qtkat »

Veronica

Ah, you must be Sven. I've been hearing your name laudably proclaimed in this fair hamlet. I am Veronica Talboth, daughter of Sigfrede, coth merchant and corporal of the City Guard in the town of Summerville (making this place up). Well met, please join us at table. Veronica is about finished with her oatmeal and pushes the bowl away from her. Bollo, a round for my new friends please. -3sp

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1228 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven gladly joins the others.

"You don't say. Well now Veronica, that is interesting. I bet your father taught you a few things about honor and hard work then. You look like you could handle yourself in a dangerous situation. Have you ever fought against the undead before?"

He waves his hand at her payment. "Please, it would be my esteemed pleasure to pay for these. Orgoth and I have had a good deal of luck searching a nearby dungeon called the Barrowmaze. We've ahhh......made a few pretty nice scores out there, so spending coin isn't an issue for us."

"Are you currently looking for a group to join perchance?"

qtkat
Scout
Scout

#1229 Post by qtkat »

Thank you, that's very kind, referring to the round of ales +3sp
I was well trained by my father's best friend and my godfather, Insig Quarren, a dwarven fighter of some renown in my parts. That's why I carry these. She plops her two war hammers onto the table. He taught me that sometimes evil wizards enchant those long dead and my trusty spear will be next to useless against these ancient piles of animated bones.

I'd like nothing more than to put these to a test!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1230 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven looks up at Orgoth with wide eyes.

"She sounds like you did when we first met."

He smiles at Veronica looking down at her impressive hammers.

"You have no idea how many times we could have used those in the Barrowmaze. Let's just say there is no lack of skeletons in that place."

"If you are looking for a group to explore with, we would definitely have you in ours!"

qtkat
Scout
Scout

#1231 Post by qtkat »

Veronica is noticeable excited that these obviously accomplished men would take her on. She raises her mug to the two.

When do we leave?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1232 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"Soon, just getting some stuff in order first."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1233 Post by OGRE MAGE »

It will also depend on if our DM returns or not. :lol:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1234 Post by Rex »

I think that is what my last post says, :lol:

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1235 Post by Spearmint »

The Brazen Strumpet Tavern

A new group look to form, veteran and novice adventurers. If Sven wants to commit to the spell learning at the tower, then that will take up the next two days, allowing you to leave Helix on the morning of the 15th.
just to stop any continuity difficulties, best not to return to the Long Corridor area as the present team are still there but still on the 12th, so explore via the Silas Barrow entrance please. :roll:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1236 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven draws his friends around him, old and new.

"I think we should return via the Silas mound, since that will bring us closer to where we want to be inside."

"My first thought would be to attempt to navigate the maze inside the maze. That area where we almost got lost last time. I think with Moo-Moo along, and knowing what we now know about it, we should be able to find our way through easier."

"I believe there will be great riches at the end of that seemingly endless tunnel, but I have been wrong about such things before, so we will have to see for ourselves."

He looks around to see if the others have anything to add.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1237 Post by Rex »

Orgoth

"I am in obviously. great riches or not I suspect we will cross paths with more cultists eventually and they need to be dealt with."

gurusql
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#1238 Post by gurusql »

Cadeweed

"Sounds great count me in."

qtkat
Scout
Scout

#1239 Post by qtkat »

Sorry, i missed this yesterday

Veronica

Do we have a porter? I excel at using my spear and shield but if we are facing skeletons I'd prefer fighting with both my hammers

Plus ya know...loot

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#1240 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sven nods.

"We rescued a fair number of people who were imprisoned in the maze on our last trip, and I have talked some of them into going back inside with us. So we should have plenty of help carrying our riches."

Return to “Settlement: Helix”