Helix village.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Helix village.

#541 Post by ateno »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:47 pm Ateno, I didn't mean to confuse people, sorry. My understanding is that the entire group has already left and arrived at the mounds, Cosmo included. The Mission is territorial gains.
All Good, I poster there.

Ateno

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#542 Post by Darithe »

Sigrid

Before leaving town, Sigrid will take the opportunity to buy a first aid kit.

-25 gold deducted

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#543 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
Will seek out Valeron the fletcher. Good sir, I am in the market for 22 yards of fine spider silk and seek your aid in obtaining said material. We have been harvesting during forays into the wilds, but have not yet been able to obtain enough for an important project I'm working on. In the future, I may wish to reverse this business & sell some silk to you, if that would be agreeable.
Is this correct roll for the CHA check? Cha check [4d6]=16

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#544 Post by Spearmint »

July 3rd 1066.

Six weeks after leaving Helix to search for Elder Barraclough in Bogtown, intrepid adventurers Golgarth and Gunter return with their mercenary hire Sidkrake. Accompanying them is Dalin, having completed various errands and favours for Helix personalities. Through contacting the Bogtown rogue guild and helping to expose the Impurax cult activities, he has acquired a dwarven rogue comrade, Froed, to assist on his future endeavours.

They are rested and in good health, having earned reputation and being blessed with thanksgiving gifts for their part in subduing the cults and defending the Crown.

Actions: Dalin Gunter, Golgarth; post in any location threads and arrange your next expeditions.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#545 Post by Spearmint »

Valeron's Cottage
In the future, I may wish to reverse this business & sell some silk to you, if that would be agreeable.
Certainly harvesting the spider silk is an ongoing seasonal task that adventurers can endeavour at on an ad-hoc basis to earn some coins. He will pay 10gp for each spool of fresh Orb Weaver silk.
Good sir, I am in the market for 22 yards of fine spider silk and seek your aid in obtaining said material.

A hundred feet of thread at 5gp a yard could be around 160gp+ to get.
Fydmar: the spools you have (worth 50gp) get taken and he will weave these on his looms into the artisan special threads. It will take a week for each spool to be processed but he can send the finished total amount, one hundred feet / 33.3 yards on to Mooney when complete.
Go see Valeron, add a charisma check. You might get a deal for half price, 80gp.
unfortunately the Charisma check is too high or the demand is greater than supply, so he sticks out with the current base cost of 5gp a yard minus the spool values, an exact figure would be 116gp, 13sp, 67cp but he can shake hands on a deal for -110gp.

That gets you enough threads for Mooney to work on the Golem Construct and a bit extra you can keep on a reel for bow strings.

Bluetongue
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#546 Post by Bluetongue »

Cromm Cruach: Elder's Cottage.

July 4th 1066.

Golgarth will go to the old cottage, surprised actually to see it in fine fettle since a number of refurbishments have taken place.

I will make sure to thank the labourers, principally I believe is Cromm devotee Orgoth Stonewall.

I will seek out Ms Springmeadow

From the Search for Cromm's Priest trek, we gave her a 15gp fund to help tidy the place. I will commend her as certainly more than that has happened with new roof, hearth and garden allotment sorted.

I will show her my official instigation papers and ask if she is willing to carry on as housekeeper to myself, I will cover a stipend as she had been pensioned out previously.

If that is okay, I will set about organising the rooms into upstairs bedroom and private study and downstairs rear kitchen parlour and front reception room for Cromm Cruach pastoral needs.

I will hang up my shield alongside Barraclough's old one and my Warhammer. Set a hearth fire and commit the day to prayer and devotions.

do I need a separate thread for interactions here?

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#547 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
110gp deducted

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#548 Post by Spearmint »

Cromm Cruach Community Cistern refurbishment.

Under the direction of Golgarth, the first phase of the village wide refurbishment of the freshwater cistern, the public sewers, community latrines and wells is begun.

The cost shared by contributions from fellow adventurers and charity fundraising. Characters have received bonus xp from investing in the project; for the villagers, their reward is cleaner water and more sanitary conditions.

The Duchy as promised will match the raised 2000gp amount meaning 4,000gp in total is spent to safeguard and modernise the systems.

Golgarth (actually while you just arrive back in Helix you hear strange noises from the Cistern, echoing around in bizarre acoustic fashions. Upon investigation you find Cosmo practicing voice manipulation techniques with the bard Buble`).

Part of the project includes the erection of a Cromm Cruach shrine.

The next stage would be to employ professional sages and surveyors who can manage the project. (The DMG might specify such falls into the parameter of Engineer/Architect hireling and is costed at 150gp but included in the estimate amount). He can then spend a month doing preliminary surveys and designs, fact finding, sourcing supplies. Then you can recruit labourers to act on his recommendations and blueprints. Hope that makes sense. To enlist someone wiser and more proficient in the skill set area but you still get hands-on experience from labouring alongside and some degree of mentorship to upgrade a non-weapon skill.

Actions Golgarth post a Bulletin Board recruitment and update on the Cistern Project. I will randomly generate an architect's availability and then a month from his arrival, more physical labour can take place.

add your +200xp now for seeing the Cistern project start come to fruition.

Here are some archived notes on the project.
So an example here would be Golgarth's approach to Krothos to renew the village cisterns. The initial estimate is 4,000gp worth of materials and labour, of which the Duchy will contribute half towards once the initial fundraising target of 2000gp has been reached.

So players can contribute to that 2000gp target (this has been achieved now) but also pit their labour in-character to the rebuilding which would earn those who were involved the extra 2000xp to share on a pro-rata basis.
I may replicate this post or move it to another thread that concerns the 'World Building' contributions characters make.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#549 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Spearmint wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:43 pm July 3rd 1066.

Six weeks after leaving Helix to search for Elder Barraclough in Bogtown, intrepid adventurers Golgarth and Gunter return with their mercenary hire Sidkrake. Accompanying them is Dalin, having completed various errands and favours for Helix personalities. Through contacting the Bogtown rogue guild and helping to expose the Impurax cult activities, he has acquired a dwarven rogue comrade, Froed, to assist on his future endeavours.

They are rested and in good health, having earned reputation and being blessed with thanksgiving gifts for their part in subduing the cults and defending the Crown.

Actions: Dalin Gunter, Golgarth; post in any location threads and arrange your next expeditions.
Dalin looks to see if anything has changed while he was out and first place he stops is off at the Foul Pheasant, while taking a stroll through town.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#550 Post by Cwreando »

Durgo
Jun 30 day

Durgo takes the hides in to the tanner for evaluation....

OOC - this may have been processed just making sure if not.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#551 Post by Spearmint »

Falstaff, Helix Farrier

The old trapper and craftsman takes in the sux bearskins, assessing their worth and suitability for crafting.

"Excellent pelts, skinned to a prime cut. I can turn them into fur hide cloaks, warm and waterproof in winter. Or cut them into hats, gloves, chaps for over trousers, d@#k warmer, blanket. Whatever you want. Or just stretch it out wide and use as a hearth rug to romance the missus on before a roaring log fire."

As far as just outright selling them on at base face value, he would offer 25gp each.

You might consider crafting each bearskin into an expedition tribute item which would earn each participant a bonus to xp equivalent to the gp cost spent in fashioning an item such as a jerkin each.

You can also consider trying to augment weapons or present armours with the bear claws as another investment option.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#552 Post by Cwreando »

Durgo

"Would it be possible to have them made into winter cloaks and gloves for each participant of the expedition and have enough to do tributes too?"

Durgo isn't sure how much that'd be but is willing try and work a deal. Not sure if the others just want the bear skins for themselves to do as they wish.

"Just work up mine and my tribute and I see if they other want the same."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#553 Post by Spearmint »

Merchant Businesses, Helix Village.

Falstaff the Farrier.

The farrier appraises the bearskins, suggesting he can tailor outfits to suit. The custom crafted skins would double as a suitable tribute as a group gift, modelled to size for human, dwarf and halfling sizes. He can do a 'full kit'; of fashioned helm cover, gloves and forearm guards, bearskin waistcoat or full hooded cloak and overlays for boots to help waterproof them for winter hiking.

"If you want all six doing, I will fashion them at fifty gold apiece or individually at sixty gold. I know it sounds a lot compared to common garb but they will be insulated for winter, tanned for long wear and tear and cleansed of all the bugs, nits and parasitic worm eggs that bury themselves under the skin. Wearing such would surely add appeal to any negotiations with barbarian tribes who value such fashions figuring you must be quite a hero to skin such a grizzly critter."

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#554 Post by Cwreando »

Durgo

I can only afford to pay for one. Let me find out from the others what they want. If there is no decision soon, I'll make a deal with you.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#555 Post by Spearmint »

Squirrel & Cara Crow will subsidise their own bearskin crafting so you just need the three characters support or just do yours as a wearable Expedition tribute.

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#556 Post by Cwreando »

Durgo

Durgo will wear his as a tribute. -60 gp

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#557 Post by kwll »

Genaromes is also interested by a bearskin outfit, well aware that it will be harder for him to go through winter than the others since he is not used to it. If his contribution will make the price go lower, then all the better.

Spearmint
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#558 Post by Spearmint »

Durgo & Genaromes , commission a bearskin expedition Tribute. (-50gp, +50xp)

the same will go for Brother Symeon & Fydmar if they note such an action and deduct the gold investment here

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#559 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
A bearskin cloak would keep one warm come winter. And if we hunch over, foolish enemies may mistake us for bears - Ha! Alright, I'm in for one as well

scottjen
Ranger
Ranger

#560 Post by scottjen »

Fydmar
In preparation for the next adventure, he will inquire if there are any 1st aid kits available.
Also, he will purchase a torch.

Return to “Settlement: Helix”