Chapter 5: The long way home

SpinwardMarch
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Chapter 5: The long way home

#81 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Excellent!

No, I have not forgotten you, I had an event to work on, and it took up some brain space. I'm back.

So you follow the flight plan, finding that the area is more sparcely inhabitied than you expected. There are occasionally fishing villages, but they are spaced apart enough that stopping between them is safe. But you are finding that the trip is longer than you expected. The referee did try to remind you of the planet's size. So at some point, you may need to get more provisions, or stop somewhere for food. Chiree and friends will be happy to help find edible things, as they know the area better.

You are able to travel safely, with no interruptions, for several days, pausing for the appropriate bio breaks. I will post a map of your location, shortly.

But... at your next stop...

Everyone roll 2d6, please.
SpinwardMarch

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by ffilz »

Giotto:

Not good...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#83 Post by spanningtree »

Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by ybn1197 »

Madox:

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by ffilz »

ybn1197 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:45 pm Madox:

Somehow that link displays wrong - I see MY dice roller screen...

EDIT: And now it displays correctly, and displays correctly in the quote...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by ybn1197 »

ffilz wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:33 pm Somehow that link displays wrong - I see MY dice roller screen...

EDIT: And now it displays correctly, and displays correctly in the quote...
Mine is doing the same with yours. It displayed MY dice roller screen and then when I rolled and pasted the result it looked fine. Something to do with the code is my guess.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by Jernau35 »

Jrec

[2d6]=5

Ho hum :|
Chance of being Suprised: 33%

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#88 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Thank you.
travels2.jpg
travels2.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 650 times
The air/raft has just touched down at the location of the last blue dot. (having skipped ahead a bit).

It is dark outside, since it is then safer to land and not be noticed.
The area is in a grassy large plain, with low, rolling hills. It time for everyone to take a pit stop. Everyone is grateful to get out of the either very breezy open seating or the enclosed "cage.

Maddox, while you are attending to business, you hear a "snooffing" sound and footsteps trotting nearby. As you turn your head, your suit headlamp lands on an odd lifeform.

You see an animal that looks like a capybara with the head of a small bison. It has a round body with shaggy medium length hair/fur, and its even shaggier head has two short horns poking out. You can barely make out its 3 other companions behind it. They just seem curious, so far.

What does everyone do?
SpinwardMarch

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by ybn1197 »

Finding the need to take care of "business" no longer as pressing as it was, Madox fixes his pants and slowly backs away from the creatures. We are out on the plains so they are most likely grazing animals come to see us as a curiosity, Madox thinks to himself.

At this point, Madox is just trying to slowly and cautiously get space between himself and the animals as he heads back to the air raft. If they start to charge, he will draw his gun and fire in the air first then fire at them if he has to but only as a last option.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Jernau35 »

Jrec

Jrec retrieves his shotgun from the air/raft. He stands close enough to the corner of the vehicle to duck behind it if one of the beasts charges. But not so close that the air/raft would definitely get hit if he dodged out of the way.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by spanningtree »

Ringar

Continues with his "business", oblivious to what is going on.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#92 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Maddox: The animals look at you with curiosity; they have likely seen humans before, but at a distance. They slowly advance as you retreat, "snoofing" all the way.

Jrec: You realize shooting at them might bring unwarranted attention from elsewhere. But you maintain your position.

Ringar: You complete your business, and you notice Jrec has a shotgun aimed at something.

Meanwhile, Chiree and friends see Maddox retreating from the animals, and start quietly giggling.

What do you do?
SpinwardMarch

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Jernau35 »

Jrec

"Do we have any food we could give them?" Jrec says, softly but urgently. "They're probably plant eaters, right? He peers at them again. "Right?" He waits for one of the "brainiacs" to confirm this.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by spanningtree »

Ringar

Seeing Jrec with his weapon deployed he pulls out his own and makes his way to the air raft while trying to ascertain "how bad is it".

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by ybn1197 »

Madox

Maintaining his backwards retreat, he turns to Chiree and his family. "What...? What is it? This isn't so blasted funny from where I stand and I am standing far too close for my liking."

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#96 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Chiree, giggling:
Oh, these are cappalows. They are odd creatures and rarely see people. It was curious about what you were doing. If they charge, they would just knock you over, then stand around snuffling you. We will shoo them away.

Chiree and friends calmly walk towards the cappalow group, and start clapping their hands and flapping their small wings. The cappalow look annoyed, turn around and trot off.

With that, you are free to resume your pit stop, and head on.

What do you do now?
SpinwardMarch

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by ybn1197 »

Looking embarrassed, Madox hops back into the air raft and just sits sullen.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by spanningtree »

Ringar

Jumps into the air raft as well with a "that was close" whistle. Could have been worse... if we had some sauce we could take some time to q one of them. But, best to be on our way.

Jernau35
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by Jernau35 »

Jrec

Jrec lowers his gun. He laughs loudly at Ringar's suggestion. "Yeah, that'd be something to break up this road trip. Maybe we should swing by civilization after all and pick some up!"

He peers into the air/raft. "Okay everybody, you're all gonna have to squeeze over a bit more before I can get in".

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by spanningtree »

Happy Thanksgiving folks!

Return to “Research Station Gamma (Classic Traveller)”