[004] Arriving at Birach Highport

joertexas
SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: [004] Arriving at Birach Highport

#21 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Taheri
Tiglath wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:13 pm Foix replies "I see your point Commander but pending a medical and psychological green light I'll not put the little ones before the local media. It seems that Birach may have had past issues with noble houses".
Oh, no, Comte, the children should not be exposed to the media. But we can, using words, use their state at rescue as a distraction. People respond to "terrible things happening to children" more than the same happening to adults.
SpinwardMarch

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Rock
It would seem that the War of the AIs has had a devastating effect on the children. They are illiterate, unschooled, uneducated even. At least one of the parents was 13 or 14 at time of conception and is, even now, just a child. The older parents aboard seem to have been so under the influence of their AI factions that they have failed in their basic duties to their offspring. While it may have been home, it was not a functional society. These children will require extraordinary care and (sadly) while Birach's social services are no worse than many places, they are not set up to deal with this level of consistent neglect.

My wife (Elvira) and I intend to seek aid from the people of Birach in this unusual case. If anyone else will be willing to help, that would be appreciated.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Tiglath »

Foix responds to Vee "My Knight I am grateful that you are willing to take this task on".

He adds "Commander Gascón I am grateful for your assistance in this matter. Please keep my Knight and I informed of all developments".

Agreeing with Taheri he nods "Indeed, publicising our assistance may provide some positive end to this bleak tale".

To Rock he replies "Baron, please take the lead on this and know that you have my full personal support. This is a grim and unfolding tragedy and has likely only just begun to show its true form. It will surely be useful to not only begin treating those affected as soon as we may but also that the healing process is visibly under way. This may be useful should the Caladia's tragic circumstances be seen as a reflection in a glass that Birach's society does not wish look upon".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by The Bindoner »

Zhenya

I have little experience with children or rehabilitation, but making friends and persuading them to help is something I know a little about.

Zhenya was generated using CT, and so has Liaison and Streetwise rather than Diplomat - which wasn't a skill in that iteration of the rules. Nonetheless, she was a Diplomat for some years. Well, a "Diplomat". She worked out of the embassy, shall we say? ;)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:37 pm Foix responds to Vee "My Knight I am grateful that you are willing to take this task on".

He adds "Commander Gascón I am grateful for your assistance in this matter. Please keep my Knight and I informed of all developments".
Gascón nods. "Of course, Comte. If the Lady will permit, we can meet tomorrow morning at my office here in the Highport."

"Of course," Vee says with a smile.

"I will relate what I know of the local media outlets. Some of the smaller ones are quite influential, and can be overlooked." Gascón smiles. "We don't want that to happen if we can help it."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by joertexas »

The next morning, work begins in earnest on the issues at hand. Vee goes to meet with Gascón at his offices, arriving back at the ship just as lunch starts. Rock and Elvira, plus whomever else is helping them, are working with the refugee children. The Birach social services agency sends a representative, and they sit to speak with the children.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by shaidar »

Anne
At breakfast Anne asks the Comte if he is happy for her to arrange the shuttle to take Juliette to her father for this afternoon, and how many would be coming, or did he have something else in mind?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Rock
Rock is sat slightly away from the main party with his family. His phone pings. There is cursing. Elvira admonishes him to mind his language.

That he fumes was Cliff offering help. How much will that cost do you reckon?

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by joertexas »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:13 pm Rock
Rock is sat slightly away from the main party with his family. His phone pings. There is cursing. Elvira admonishes him to mind his language.

That he fumes was Cliff offering help. How much will that cost do you reckon?
Elvira frowns. "Cliff? What does he want? I thought the authorities were still looking for him?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Rock
The hand terminal beeps a few more times

It seems that you may be right. He wants passage off-world. Well we aren't looking to head off yet...and it isn't our ship. Mind you it would be amusing to have Cliff have to swear fealty to the Comte. He's never bent to anyone! I suppose that we might speak with the Comte.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Tiglath »

Foix exhales "Merde!" and activates his comm "Zhenya, Taheri. Go bags, weapons and armour. Meet me on the boat deck - the Comtesse is overdue! Grimaud allez!"

Grimaud simply nods and, even as Foix stands to rush out, he spoons a portion of lunch into two deftly sliced buns and wraps them in a napkin.

He then places a dispassionate comm call to the highport and Gascón's office enquiring if Lady Anevay's whereabouts are known.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:14 pm Foix exhales "Merde!" and activates his comm "Zhenya, Taheri. Go bags, weapons and armour. Meet me on the boat deck - the Comtesse is overdue! Grimaud allez!"

Grimaud simply nods and, even as Foix stands to rush out, he spoons a portion of lunch into two deftly sliced buns and wraps them in a napkin.

He then places a dispassionate comm call to the highport and Gascón's office enquiring if Lady Anevay's whereabouts are known.
The office call goes to voicemail, and the highport reports that Vee boarded the Lady ten minutes ago. As Foix makes for the door, he spots Anne standing in the passageway...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by shaidar »

Anne seems surprised to see Foix rushing off in such alarm

"Sir! I really need to speak to you on an urgent matter."

Foix notes a tone in Anne's voice he's never heard before..concern?..worry?...she certainly sounds uncomfortable about something.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Tiglath »

Foix replies "Then speak quickly for Lady Anevay is overdue!"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by shaidar »

Anne

Anne's look turns to confusion

"Sir, I saw Lady Anevay just a few moments ago, it's her I need to talk to you about, but not in public."

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Rock
Just realised that Social Services have sent a representative. I'm sorry - family crisis. How can I help you in your duties?

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by Tiglath »

Foix ushers Anne into a private room and takes a breath "Tell me!"

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by The Bindoner »

Chert voz'mi! Chto teper'?

Zhenya had been enjoying planning her outfit for a discrete survey of the Birach milieu. Setting down her champagne flute she responds I will suit up and join you in 5, Comte.

By habit and experience her armour and equipment are ready for emergencies and close at hand, so she is soon on her way to meet whatever new trouble has presented itself.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#39 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Taheri

Yes, Comte. Five minutes for me, as well.

It's vacc suit time. Good thing I just checked it. The go-bag is always ready. She grabs her gear and goes to meet Foix.
SpinwardMarch

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by shaidar »

Tiglath wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:19 pm Foix ushers Anne into a private room and takes a breath "Tell me!"
Anne seems rather uncomfortable the situation

"Sir, there is this video that is heavily trending on social media. I can't see it being long before it's picked up by the media outlets. I didn't want either of you to see it first on broadcast. I showed Vee a moment ago, she was upset and ran off..."

She shows her hand computer to the Comte and plays a video for him to see:
joertexas wrote: The video shows Gascón and Vee, presumably outside his office. He leans in to kiss her, and lightly caresses her breast over her clothing. She kisses him back, and pulls back with a smile. The vid has had over a hundred thousand views in the fifteen minutes since it was posted.

Return to “An Honorable Foix (CE Traveller)”