CHAPTER 12a: The Fortress of the Plain

GrapeApe
Guide
Guide

Re: CHAPTER 12a: The Fortress of the Plain

#341 Post by GrapeApe »

Is it possible to enter the water? Is there a openable door or is it open so you could just walk into it?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#342 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

Unless stopped, Silvestri will heal Podo, Denslow and Urlando.

"Unfortunately the shock to Max's body is such that I cannot use my powers on him again until he has rested. I have more healing, but I thought it best I keep some back just in case and use it later before we rest."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by Norjax »

GrapeApe wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:36 am Is it possible to enter the water? Is there a openable door or is it open so you could just walk into it?
The glass portal appears set into the wall without any seam or groove to indicate is can be opened.
shaidar wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:04 am Silvestri
Unless stopped, Silvestri will heal Podo, Denslow and Urlando.
Go ahead and make the healing rolls.

---

Is the plan to rest for the night?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by shaidar »

GrapeApe
Guide
Guide

#345 Post by GrapeApe »

Podo

OOC: (to the party) ((Norjax are we allowed to talk about what we think before acting?)) Hmmm I'm not sure staying here would be safe, those things seem like they can pop into existence again at any time. Should we wait and see if the colors in the main room keep escalating, do y'all want to try to get inside this tube, the robed figures had to go somewhere maybe there is a secret door in here, should we push a bunch of buttons on the consoles, or should we just rest?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

"I not sure staying here is a good idea either. All the cloaked ones have left. Motter is highly intelligent and organised. I can only assume whoever is in charge of this place has sent for reinforcements"

Anton_E_Gregor
Guide
Guide

#347 Post by Anton_E_Gregor »

"Perhaps we can sabotage the facility and delay their arrival. Do these panels give us any clue?" Antons voice sizzles telepathically...
Anton peers closely to the screens. Thousands of tiny eyes on the surface of the floating skull glimmer inside of his helmet as they study the displays.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#348 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

"If those devices attached to the lightning tower in the main room are metal then I can try and use my powers to pull them apart, but it may cause the lightning to go crazy, so we had best line up an exit plan first"

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#349 Post by greyarea »

Max says, We have no idea how to get out. Didn’t our way in close behind us?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

"Maybe one of these" he gestures to the devices "will turn off the light curtain that blocks our exit. Then we need to find a way through the outer wall, but one step at a time"

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by Norjax »

Fortress Interior 346D/81 (Evening)

Map:

Denslow and Needle take turns watching and resting. Kurot monitors the entry corridor for any hostile activity or movement. Saiph causes a brief defensive response when they see him enter the corridor and return to this room.

Urlando describes his discoveries in the two corridors to the south of this room. One corridor led to two circular areas with pods identical to the ones on the tower, but they were floating above the floor and monitored by a masked humanoid. The second corridor was blocked by a light curtain.

The humanoids have left this circular room and disappeared out other corridors exiting the main chamber. The glass window at the end of the narrow corridor here appears impassable using normal means.

Anton muses over the moving display panels along the circular wall.

Silvestri contemplates using his magnetic powers to manipulate devices on the central lightning tower. He joins Anton in wanting to try and activate the wall displays to attempt an escape.

OOC: Anyone can make an Artifact Check if they want to try and understand the displays. Might be impossible or dangerous, but one can always try…

Max laments not being able to exit this structure. He needs a night’s rest (6 hours) and is in no condition to explore or fight.

The orange band of light continues to pulse…

Actions?

Action Details:
Characters:

Monsters:

Actions?

Hit Points [Luck Point Recovery - 348D]:

Denslow – 36/42 [13/16]
Silvestri – 53/60 [14/14]
Kurot – 50/50 [4/15]
Max – 1/28 [14/15]
Anton – 36/43 [11/11]
Saiph – 10/25 [1/11] Glowburned (3) STR 8/AGL 15/STA 6
Needle – 68/77 [11/11]
Podo – 42/63 [11/14]
Urlando – 66/75 [17/17]

GrapeApe
Guide
Guide

#352 Post by GrapeApe »

Podo

Still wondering if this tube structure may lead to a higher or lower level of the building Podo touches the surface to feel if there is any temperature radiating from the water inside. He walks around the walls of the room looking for any sections of the wall that might be emitting a small amount of air or seem out of place. OOC: A more in-depth inspection to see if there panels, switches, secret doors, anything

As he comes back around to the entrance of the small side room and see Saiph enter, "Saiph, are you okay? Where have you been?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#353 Post by shaidar »

Saiph limps in the room looking battered, bruised and tired.

"I followed one of the cloaked ones out of the room, to see if I could find a way out of this place. Their cloaks seem to protect them from the light curtains. I also saw how they opened a hole in the outer wall. Then I got into a fight with them, that's not a good idea"
Last edited by shaidar on Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri

Seeing the extent of Saiph's injuries, the psion applies some of his healing

Psychic Healing: [2d6+3]=6+3=9

Silvestri is then going to examine the devices in the room, in particular he wants to try and turn off the light curtains:

Artifact check: [1d20+12]=15+12=27

I think he gets a +1 if Anton is helping

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#355 Post by greyarea »

Denslow can apply some luck to the artifact check as well. He will burn 4 luck to apply 8 luck to the result of the roll.

maceo_the_escher
Tracker
Tracker

#356 Post by maceo_the_escher »

Needle

Not being familiar with the control boards or switches, and having already investigated the water tube, Needle with try and rest as much as possible and take his turn providing a look-out. He feels trapped, confused and a wishes he knew more about the strange tech to help with it.

Anton_E_Gregor
Guide
Guide

#357 Post by Anton_E_Gregor »

Please take a +1 from me, I'm helping.

"It's not rocket science..." Anton chuckles quietly to himself.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#358 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri will take any help offered

Apologies if I missed anyone else. With his super dual brain artifact checks are one thing he does well, but every point is welcome as I get the feeling there is going to be a large complexity penalty.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by Norjax »

Fortress Interior 346D/81 (Evening)

Podo touches the surface of the glass port and can feel the conduction of cold from the presumed water. He knows that water from deep underground is colder than the surface water of the Wretched Regions. He carefully explores the perimeter of the room for any doors, hatches or air flow. The walls, floor and ceiling are seamless homogenous stone.

After performing healing, Silvestri concentrates and focuses in on the wall pictures. Anton takes in information and relays any observations to assist the psionist. By studying the pictures and symbology displayed on the wall panels, Silvestri determines that this room controls the flow of water from an underground reservoir up into this structure, through the central tower and back down into the ground. Colored sections appear to activate and deactivate elements of the flow control. The water is used as a conductive medium to generate electricity in the central tower and there are two conduit loops that supply this fortress. This room is used to monitor and control the flow for one of the loops.

Nothing indicates there are controls here to shut down the light curtains in the two corridors.

Actions?

Action Details:
Characters:

Monsters:

Actions?

Hit Points [Luck Point Recovery - 348D]:

Denslow – 36/42 [9/16]
Silvestri – 53/60 [14/14]
Kurot – 50/50 [4/15]
Max – 1/28 [14/15]
Anton – 36/43 [11/11]
Saiph – 19/25 [1/11] Glowburned (3) STR 8/AGL 15/STA 6
Needle – 68/77 [11/11]
Podo – 42/63 [11/14]
Urlando – 66/75 [17/17]

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#360 Post by Zhym »

Kurot follows along with the main group and does his best to keep a lookout.

Return to “Archive”