Ask the GM

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Ask the GM

#1 Post by Distorted Humor »

If you have any questions, just let me know here.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Ask the GM

#2 Post by kwll »

I read the house rules. No WIZ stat, so I guess spell cost will be taken from STR? And what about talents?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Distorted Humor »

kwll wrote:I read the house rules. No WIZ stat, so I guess spell cost will be taken from STR? And what about talents?
\Yes, it takes from STR, but you gain one STR per turn, so you quickly regenerate it. Talents where intoduced in 7E, and After much thinking I decided to not include them at the character creation. However It might "be granted" a talent if someone makes a impressive saving throw.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by kwll »

Ok.

Where can I find the dice roller everyone is mentioning? And how many characters do we have to roll?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Distorted Humor »

kwll wrote:Ok.

Where can I find the dice roller everyone is mentioning? And how many characters do we have to roll?
The Dice roller is located at

http://www.unseenservant.com/

and go ahead and roll up two characters, we had one or two folks drop out for various reasons.

rleduc
Squire
Squire

#6 Post by rleduc »

I'll get on this tomorrow. I haven't played since earlier versions, so I have some rules catch-up to look into!

danhem
Runner
Runner

#7 Post by danhem »

I'm back from a short trip so I'll get on to character creation today and tomorrow.

A question about your levels and attributes house rule.

You say that we can use APs to level up as in 5th edition but can spend APs to increase our attributes as per 7.5 edition (10x attribute cost).

What is the benefit of higher character levels in this game? In 5th edition, increasing a level means that you get to increase one or two of your attributes. Are you using 7th edition level benefits?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Distorted Humor »

danhem wrote:I'm back from a short trip so I'll get on to character creation today and tomorrow.

A question about your levels and attributes house rule.

You say that we can use APs to level up as in 5th edition but can spend APs to increase our attributes as per 7.5 edition (10x attribute cost).

What is the benefit of higher character levels in this game? In 5th edition, increasing a level means that you get to increase one or two of your attributes. Are you using 7th edition level benefits?
DM ponders this

If you use your AP to level at per 5th edition, you get to increase one or two of your stats as per 5th edition. I will use 7th edition level benefits on saving throws, but the levels are bought as per 5th edition. the 7.5 is intended for boosting up a really low stat that might be causing your trouble like a low STR or DEX score.

Very good question, I might give you some AP for that question :)

danhem
Runner
Runner

#9 Post by danhem »

I put together my own version of a level and attribute advancement system that combined elements of 5th and 7th edition rules. Check it out at my T&T blog The Lone Delver here:

http://danhemsgamingblog.blogspot.com/2 ... ement.html

danhem
Runner
Runner

#10 Post by danhem »

Two character creation questions:

Are we rolling 3D6 in order, or do we get to choose what numbers go where?

For talents (now that we are using them), do you want us to run them by you first? Also, are we using the one time 1D6 added to a primary attribute for the talent level?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Distorted Humor »

danhem wrote:Two character creation questions:

Are we rolling 3D6 in order, or do we get to choose what numbers go where?

For talents (now that we are using them), do you want us to run them by you first? Also, are we using the one time 1D6 added to a primary attribute for the talent level?

Well first off - I love your blog! - I will need to read it in detail, but that makes a lot of sense on first reading.

In order, and yes please run talents by me first, but unless you are asking for too broad or tasteless talent, I am inclined to accept it. And yes since we are doing it in order.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by kwll »

Do you intend to use the talent rules as written in 7.x/8E? More specifically, what about the 'Roguery' talent?

danhem
Runner
Runner

#13 Post by danhem »

Has a campaign ID been distributed for use with the dice roller?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#14 Post by Distorted Humor »

kwll wrote:Do you intend to use the talent rules as written in 7.x/8E? More specifically, what about the 'Roguery' talent?
Talents per 7.5 (I do not have access to 8)

also

The Campaign number is 100

And looking over that blog post, I will handle it that way with one modification, all AP goes into one pool, and you can decide how you want to spend it :) Less things to keep track of.

danhem
Runner
Runner

#15 Post by danhem »

Sorry, more questions.

According to the House Rules we are using TARO for attributes. In the dice roller I cannot find a way for the program to show the individual die results. Is there a way to do this? It will be important for Saving Rolls as well (DARO).

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Distorted Humor »

danhem wrote:Sorry, more questions.

According to the House Rules we are using TARO for attributes. In the dice roller I cannot find a way for the program to show the individual die results. Is there a way to do this? It will be important for Saving Rolls as well (DARO).
[1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 1

Type in as your micro [1d6] [1d6] [1d6]

:)

for Saving you will just need to type in [1d6] [1d6]

rleduc
Squire
Squire

#17 Post by rleduc »

All I've got access to right now is the free abridged 5th edition rules quickstart, which doesn't mention talents. Is there a pdf of the rules I can purchase? I can only find the 4th edition online. It seems Flying Buffalo is all out of print editions? Their website isn't the greatest and it is hard to see what is available.

danhem
Runner
Runner

#18 Post by danhem »

You can get a pdf of the 7.5 edition through Fiery Dragon's store at RPGNow.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/59112/Tun ... rers_id=14

Flying Buffalo is working on a new deluxe edition of the T&T rules. There is a Kickstarter campaign to support this project that started on Thursday. They raised their goal of $26,000 in about a day and a half and are now in stretch goal territory with 30 days to go and $36,500 already raised.

Check out the details here:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/994 ... and-trolls
Last edited by danhem on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rleduc
Squire
Squire

#19 Post by rleduc »

Got it - Thanks!

danhem
Runner
Runner

#20 Post by danhem »

How about were-types? It's the best option for my character with the DEX of 4.

Can the two characters pool their money to buy equipment?

Return to “Distorted Humor's Tunnels and Trolls”