[003 Rescue Operations

joertexas
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [003 Rescue Operations

#41 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:50 pm Foix replies "Pyrotechnics are best viewed at a distance".

He raises SLT LeFron on the comm and requests "Do you detect any life signs from the rescue ball or any other sensor returns? Please hand off the lock to The Lady's bridge crew".

Switching channels again he contacts the Lady's bridge "Smythe, mon vieux, dedicate me a battery to the incoming sensor fix from Mam'selle LeFron. Have them lock on and wait on my word".
"We don't have a survey package, but there's hardly any metal, other than the radar reflector. It's consistent with a rescue ball."

Smythe comes on the comm. "Comte, it's against any number of interstellar accords to lock weapons onto, much less fire upon, any emergency apparatus that is abandoning a damaged or destroyed craft. We will track it, but that is all." A moment later, he comes back on. "We have a sensors lock and a good plot. We will be able to recover it."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Tiglath »

Foix replies "Captain, I believe it is an accepted practicality to destroy empty rescue devices lest they become a hazard to system traffic?"

Then he says with a resigned sigh "Very well. I will go myself. Is it not ever the case that to confront evil we send the military to look it in the eye? The issue is that in doing so it stares right back. Advise the Princess that she needs to turn around to recover that rescue ball. Ask for a volunteer crew".

Foix sets about readying his gear for the new recovery/rescue mission. Strangely this includes taking his snub SMG and switching the mag from HE to HEAP ammo.
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by joertexas »

The Lady Perlanda arrives to take on the remaining survivors, and to recover Princess Two to her usual docking ring. The pinnace's crew continue repairs, while Attica recovers her ship's boat, along with her captain. Princess One makes herself available to Foix's retrieval team.

Who is going with Foix?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by The Bindoner »

Zhenya comments to Foix: I would be fascinated to meet the Master, if his avatar is indeed aboard the pod. And if that meeting is not to be, well... she grins More fireworks, yes?

Besides, I have seen you in space. Your grace is truly at home in the gravity of a ballroom, Comte. I have come to enjoy a sojourn in the void as well. May I mark your card and lead in that dance?

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Tiglath »

Foix brightens at the talk of ballrooms and replies with a winning smile "Perhaps I was just dizzy in your presence, Mam'selle? You are welcome of course! Perhaps you might be surprised to learn that I have no objection to my partner taking the lead?"

In more sober tones he adds "Zhenya, in my service with La Légion I dealt with a number of petty tyrants and warlords. What I found most disturbing about the men hidden behind the ramparts of horrors and hideous excess that they had thrown up was that at the end they were such entirely ... ordinary human beings. Poor excuses for the same, yes, and entirely undeserving of any consideration of honour - but somehow just ... disappointing".

Grimaud arrives carrying a lacquered gun case and Foix lifts out what looks like a side by side shotgun but he then loads it with what looks to be rounds fit for an autocannon. "Who knows - maybe the Master will not disappoint?"

(OOC: Potential big game - so he's gone for the Holland and Holland Nitro Express!!! 8-) :o :D )

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by joertexas »

Ten minutes later, Princess One is underway and soon catches up to the rescue ball. The boat's CPO steers the craft's external camera to bring up an image of it on the cabin monitor. It is a completely ordinary rescue ball, brightly lit on the side facing the primary, and invisible on the shadowed side. "We're still only seeing the radar reflector with the radar," the CPO reports. "There's no other metal showing up." Switching to infrared, the display shows four figures inside - and three are visibly smaller than the fourth one.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#47 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Taheri

Comte, I will accompany you, as well. However, I will stay away from any fireworks. Is there a spare weapon available, with similar firepower to the Comte's? I think something suitable for hunting large game.

She looks grim, in the way commanders appear just before battle.
SpinwardMarch

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by shaidar »

Anne

"I will accompany you as well if your wish, although I only have my pistol. I do have basic training in heavier weapons if there is one to be lent"

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by Tiglath »

Foix will open the ship's armoury for those wishing to load for bear (ACRs and SMGs). As to personal weapons Grimaud can loan and SMG and Foix has a sniper rifle which would serve as another heavy "big game" rifle.

(OOC: I was convinced Taheri had a laser rifle - that's why I keep trying to sell her a front row seat! :oops: :roll: )

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Tiglath »

Foix orders the CPO "Recover the rescue ball and re-pressurise". Looking at the IR silhouettes he comments "It seems there are more children in the rescue ball. I wonder are they hostages or more refugees from this cursed ship?" He shakes his head "No doubt we shall soon learn their part in this tragedy".

Foix waits for those with space skills to recover the rescue ball and then puts covering fire on the larger figure within as it is opened.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by shaidar »

Anne will take an ACR, just in case.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by joertexas »

Princess One closes the distance to the rescue ball, which is tumbling on all three axes. The ship's boat comes to a relative stop five meters away, and, after safety checks on everyone's vacc suits, the CPO turns to the passengers. "Are there any volunteers to help catch and stabilize the ball? We will leave the cabin pressurized, and use the airlock."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by The Bindoner »

Zhenya studies the tumbling pod. I rode a similar wild pony earlier today. It was rather lively. Perhaps this smaller one will be easier to tame.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#54 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Taheri

Taheri does have a laser rifle. And is quite capable of using it. If that is more useful than an elephant gun, than she will happily blast things with it.

She has the laser rifle ready. Standing by, Comte.
SpinwardMarch

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Tiglath »

(OOC: To my knowledge that will surely do the job! :D

Foix has loaded up because we seem to be about to encounter the android (of armoured/metal manufacture) who has been shooting at everybody!)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:05 am (OOC: To my knowledge that will surely do the job! :D

Foix has loaded up because we seem to be about to encounter the android (of armoured/metal manufacture) who has been shooting at everybody!)
The CPO eyes the ironmongery. "I hope you know how to use that in freefall." He checks his display and nods. "Okay, who're the first two out the hatch?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by The Bindoner »

Zhenya steps forward. Mindful of her previous experience with gyrating rescue pods she asks CPO, how do you suggest we tame this colt? The stable it bolted from is old-fashioned, your standard bridle may not suit it.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by joertexas »

The Bindoner wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:37 am Zhenya steps forward. Mindful of her previous experience with gyrating rescue pods she asks CPO, how do you suggest we tame this colt? The stable it bolted from is old-fashioned, your standard bridle may not suit it.
"It's a lot lighter than a rescue pod, so two of you should be able to bring it under control."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Tiglath »

Grimaud will attempt to aid the recovery.

Roll(2d6)+1:
2,3,+1
Total:6

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by The Bindoner »

I think we're going to need help, this ones lively :roll:

[_2d6]=(2+2)=4

Return to “An Honorable Foix (CE Traveller)”