An evening in town

BackworldTraveller
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

An evening in town

#1 Post by BackworldTraveller »

John and Crew
With the Dog-Tag's crew having now left, the Makhangam's crew can now start their preparations for the evening - and start putting together a plan of action regarding the Droyne visit in the morning.

Ihatei seems concerned - Why have, whoever it was, acted against the Droyne now? They have been in their current place for ages.

Twana suggests Could be something have changed. The "I think I can" arrived while we were away - could it have brought a message?

Kori sort of agrees Well something must have changed. I wonder if those soldiers we brought might have been involved. They were sneaky sorts. And if not, maybe they could suggest how the trick was pulled-off. So we known any sneak-thieves we could consult?

Andee, waiting to see if anyone else says anything, eventually says: By Brother Strephon joined the Police and served for 30 years. He's running a fast-food shop now. I bet he knows some dodgy characters.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: An evening in town

#2 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Hagan and the Dog Tag
As Hagan and Emmylou leave the Makhangam, Emmylou begs off saying she needs to organise the venue for tonight's get together, have tea with "the Angels" and change and dress up - and asks "Is there a budget?"

Hagan, meanwhile heads to the Scrapyard and contacts each of the crew members letting them know of the evening's plan, the Venue and that there will be Free Drinks.

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#3 Post by AndyS_66 »

Hagan and the Dog-Tag

Hagan tells Emmylou that we had better make this a bash to remember as the ships will be in ‘the black’ for a while. He will then remind her that the whole purpose of the Dog-Tag’s existence is to make a profit. As a shareholder she might want to think on that when planning the enterprise. That said, if she could suggest something smart for Corbus to wear, he would appreciate that.

Hagan will also see to it that he carries a small bottle of bleach so that Fluffy has some flavouring.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Hagan
At the scrapyard, Nyla is pleased to see him.

Well, the power business is finally making a proper return. The raids took out a lot of the distribution network on the south side of town when they dropped that Nuke. We've been subcontracting as electrical power distribution engineers. You should see Penelope's new apprentice, Mylo - He's like the son she never had.

Still, there's good news - they broke up two more cells of Aegzagangnthoegngvang and think that the rest are hiding out in the countryside where they can't get much support or supply. The nuke did for much of the support in town.

And Olunahia's in town. They just got back from a run all the way to Atsah. The Wine and Spices sold well apparently. The border has been quiet but the scuttlebutt is that this is because of some inter-Vargr tussle - so no one knows if that's going to be long term or not. She said that the Aegzagangnthoegngvang may be being called to heel by the Dzargh governor.

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#5 Post by AndyS_66 »

Hagan

If Aunt Olunahia is in town, I’d love to catch up with her. It’s been a while. I’d also like to pick her brains on what’s happening rimward. But first, then have a coffee and you can tell me how you are.

Does Hagan know what ship was travelling on?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by BackworldTraveller »

AndyS_66 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:01 am Hagan

If Aunt Olunahia is in town, I’d love to catch up with her. It’s been a while. I’d also like to pick her brains on what’s happening rimward. But first, then have a coffee and you can tell me how you are.

Does Hagan know what ship was travelling on?
She went with Delphine on the "I Think I Can" as extra deck-hand. They needed someone to help after so many were injured in the ambush on the way to the starport

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#7 Post by AndyS_66 »

BackworldTraveller wrote:

She went with Delphine on the "I Think I Can" as extra deck-hand. They needed someone to help after so many were injured in the ambush on the way to the starport

Hagan will contact Captain Drake and suggest that it might be a good idea to invite the crew of the I think I can out to drinks as well. As they’ve just gotten back from a long run they might have an idea of the threats ‘out there’. Plus it’s always a good idea to get to know the other local spacers.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by BackworldTraveller »

AndyS_66 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:43 am
BackworldTraveller wrote:

Hagan will contact Captain Drake and suggest that it might be a good idea to invite the crew of the I think I can out to drinks as well. As they’ve just gotten back from a long run they might have an idea of the threats ‘out there’. Plus it’s always a good idea to get to know the other local spacers.
Well, Emmylou is making the arrangement...you could just invite them!

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#9 Post by AndyS_66 »

Hagan will do so, and let both Captain Drake and Emmylou know.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by BackworldTraveller »

The minutiae of the Salvage Yard are a welcome change to the minutiae of the Dog Tag, and Nyla makes it to the end of the day before she drops the bomb-shell

Bril dropped round...what was this about Karin nearly getting killed?

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#11 Post by AndyS_66 »

Hagan’s response is sure to solve the problem.

To be fair, we all nearly got killed not just Karin. That Virus Ship attacked as we were leaving Tersta. Remember, I made no guarantees of safety but I do promise to do everything can to keep the risks to a minimum. You can rest assured that Karim’s sharp and doing a great job. She’ll be running her own ship in a few years. Aunt Bril can be proud of her.

It is at this point that Hagan is trying to wrack his brains over whether this was the only time Karin nearly got killed. Just in case he will attempt to change the subject to Corbus’ wedding by asking her what has been happening there.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by BackworldTraveller »

OK - Persuade Roll please! (Lets try that dice-roller)

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#13 Post by AndyS_66 »

Hagan’s persuade: [2d6-2]=12-2=10

Please note that this is a complete lie. My first dice roll was 6 but it took me a few attempts to figure out how to link the result. In short, Hagan failed to persuade Nyla who, in all fairness, knows him too well but I succeeded in learning how to use the dice roller and link the results. I didn’t want to keep rerolling to try to achieve the same result so I linked this one to show that I have an understanding of the process going forward.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by BackworldTraveller »

AndyS_66 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:41 am Hagan’s persuade: [2d6-2]=12-2=10

Please note that this is a complete lie. My first dice roll was 6 but it took me a few attempts to figure out how to link the result. In short, Hagan failed to persuade Nyla who, in all fairness, knows him too well but I succeeded in learning how to use the dice roller and link the results. I didn’t want to keep rerolling to try to achieve the same result so I linked this one to show that I have an understanding of the process going forward.
It's OK, I can see what you did Here!

It is as you fear. Nyla doesn't believe a word - You do manage to get some information on the Wedding, but (much worse) you are told that there is a strange smell in the staff loo and your skills are probably just the thing to rectify this! And she brooks no argument from you.

Now sort that out and come back when it's done as she dismisses you from the office. The only alternative would be going to see Bril and persuading her, directly, that Karin's safe so all is well.

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#15 Post by AndyS_66 »

With a resigned shrug, Hagan goes and finds some overalls and glove, then sets to work on the toilet. Hopefully his breathing filter should keep the worst of the odour at bay.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by BackworldTraveller »

The only good news is that after an hour, Nyla relents and supplies a hot drink by way of a peace offering.

And then it's time to head home and scrub-up for the evening dinner!

NorthernTraveller
Scout
Scout

#17 Post by NorthernTraveller »

Drake agrees that something has changed and likes the idea of checking any contacts in town.

Drake will try to secure a vehicle on the pretense of checking out the crash site one last time. Anyone want to come along?

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#18 Post by AndyS_66 »

Hagan will shy off accompanying Captain Drake as his wife is still rather miffed at him. He has just gotten back into good books, really her ‘tolerated books’. If he skips off on a side trip then it’ll take more than cleaning the toilet to gain her forgiveness.

Good luck with your quest. Hagan will be keen to hear what happened at the party.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by BackworldTraveller »

NorthernTraveller wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:43 pm Drake agrees that something has changed and likes the idea of checking any contacts in town.

Drake will try to secure a vehicle on the pretense of checking out the crash site one last time. Anyone want to come along?
The entire crew of the Makhangan seem interested in a trip except Andee who is hoping to see his young son this afternoon. The Dog Tag's crew are otherwise engaged except Tantars - A Vargr who is very curious about the Makhangham's Aslan and thinks this would be a goo dtime to see him close up. "Watcher for the Last" is, of course, more than happy to come along.

Searching for an air-car doesn't take long and soon the group are installed in a crew-bus style affair that smells faintly of chickens - even through the filter masks!

The trip to the hills takes slightly under three hours...with Tantars, Ihatei and Kori swapping war stories in the back and John acting as Pilot.

If you have questions for Watcher, now is a good time! 3 Hours and he can't escape

NorthernTraveller
Scout
Scout

#20 Post by NorthernTraveller »

Drake has many questions. First, concerning the missing coyns:

Did anyone notice any strangers or strange events around the time of the theft? Have there been other incidents involving members of your group?

And concerning Drake and his situation:

How many people like me have you helped? Can you tell me anything about them?

Many more questions but I will focus on the task at hand for now and try to gain more information as the conversation develops.

Return to “Between The Cracks (Mongoose Traveller)”