An evening in town

BackworldTraveller
AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

Re: An evening in town

#61 Post by AndyS_66 »

Apologies for the delay.

Hagan will use getting drinks as an excuse to leave the girls and ask Corbus to help him. Once they are at the bar he will talk to him.

Hagan: Don’t forget that I’ve been away, son. What’s this about a pack? I thought Sambuli was interested in studying film.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by BackworldTraveller »

AndyS_66 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:30 am Hagan: Don’t forget that I’ve been away, son. What’s this about a pack? I thought Sambuli was interested in studying film.
Figure of speech...She's got into a group who also like film. Some are a bit wild. And she's a bit out of time so doesn't always make the best choices. Pixii's mostly got her in hand (I think). But you can only look after someone so much.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Tantars passes John.
Lets hope this ends better than the last shindig the captain attended.

I was thinking about what you said about the burglary. If this wasn't a local then there have been almost no ships arriving this year. So getting a list of arrivals from the News Channels should be possible - they seem to keep track of all the incomers just in case there's a good story.

Iilii Gurga was hanging around our ship a few months ago looking for a story. She may be a good person to talk to.

and with that he heads to the bar to test out its range of drinks. With the lack of shipping the number of off-world options is falling sharply. Maybe taking up viniculture is the way forward?

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#64 Post by AndyS_66 »

Hagan: That’s good. When you said ‘pack’ I imagined that she had gotten caught up with a gang or something. Making bad choices is part of growing up, your grandfather pulled me out more than a few scrapes. Of course, these days those scrapes can be a lot nastier.

Hagan will collect the drinks and carry them back over to Pixii and Sambuli. He is acutely aware that he hasn’t spent much time with the girl given his responsibilities as Captain of the Dog-Tag and his recent extended voyage. He will try and stick to safe topics like “how are the wedding plans going?” and such and catch up with his adopted daughter when appropriate.

I take it that there has been no reply for The Regency to Hagan’s question about where Sambuli‘s family were sent?

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by BackworldTraveller »

AndyS_66 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:49 am I take it that there has been no reply for The Regency to Hagan’s question about where Sambuli‘s family were sent?
You are correct

Pixii & Sambuli are happy to see the drinks. Sambuli says "Emmylou's arranged for me to get a weekend job at the news station - you know, making drinks and that sort of stuff...It seems she knows someone who knows some at the station. You know - Proper filming. Pixii thinks I should say yes. What do you think?"

Pixii shrugs her shoulders I'm not sure you can say no to Emmylou's ideas can you? - And this is my only drink: I need to be OK for the midnight shift.

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#66 Post by AndyS_66 »

Hagan shrugs then smiles at Sambuli. If Emmylou has gone to the effort of arranging for the job, I would say “yes”; assuming you want to do it. It’ll be grunt work but you can get your foot in the door. Of course, if worst comes to worst you can always quit. I’m sure my father can hire you as a labourer in the junk yard. Make sure you haggle with him over the salary though.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by BackworldTraveller »

She jumps up and heads to find Emmylou

Pixii looks wistfully on. Oh to be young again. And then she looks at Hagan and giggles. Sorry

Come on, you are supposed to be mixing and imparting the wisdom of the well travelled to the new brave explorer.

NorthernTraveller
Scout
Scout

#68 Post by NorthernTraveller »

We would make a scene flying i formation everywhere. I have taken my fair share of bumps with my ship. Right now I am happy the crew is having a good time. But enough about me, how are you enjoying tonight?

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#69 Post by AndyS_66 »

Hagan: I’m enjoying myself. It’s just that when I relax on this planet something always seems to happen. Let’s try and break that trend and have another drink. What do you say?

NorthernTraveller
Scout
Scout

#70 Post by NorthernTraveller »

I know what you mean about this place. I'm from here and it gives me the creeps at times. Part of the reason why I am much more comfortable staying on the move. I'll have one of thosePoints to whatever the bar tender is serving at this very moment...

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Unless there is something else that you particularly want out of the evening, I'll draw a veil over further proceedings.

Emmylou and Sarah wander off towards the end of proceedings muttering something about a joint exploration of the local music and dance cultures.

Otto and Keeli seem to have exceeded their drinks limit and have need of some serious help in order to find transport

The others have left - some early to return to families, some later.

From the morning I'll have two new threads.
Mostly Makhangam Crew: One flew over the Droyne's nest
Mostly Dog-Tag Crew: A few passengers

AndyS_66
Scout
Scout

#72 Post by AndyS_66 »

Just a quick note to say that Hagan and Tantars will keep an eye on Otto as the evening winds on. He has a tendency to get a bit punchy after a number of drinks. Presumably this didn’t happen so all is good.

NorthernTraveller
Scout
Scout

#73 Post by NorthernTraveller »

Drake heads back to the ship, does a quick walk through and heads to bed.

Return to “Between The Cracks (Mongoose Traveller)”