Train to the Stars

ateno
ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Train to the Stars

#221 Post by ateno »

Scott opens the hatch, looks down to plan his drop, she looks up and yells "Stop" and aims her pistol.
Scott jumps. attempting to whack grey and white hair on the way down. You just miss grazing her heavily and she loses a bit of balance, and does not drop the pistol.

You land on a grate that is part of a passageway, fore and aft, just aft 10 feet is a door that says Cargo with a door left and right half way down, Foreward is a somewhat more lit passageway, you can squint and see a forward window(bridge) and 2 sets of doors laft and right before the bridge.

On the left you see just before the bridge a open door with natural light coming thru it. You see a man in what you think is cloth armor carrying a 2 handed forearm of some sort.

You look around and find you have about 2 dozen strands of the black and white curly hair in you hand. But on the wall is a 10 kilo type 2 fire extinguisher.

Dev starts heading to the bridge.

Hiro and Gunnar see the 3 toughs and the original turret gunner heading for the port side airlock of their ship, Standing in the airlock is a man in armor carrying a large assault rifle of some sort.

Garret says over ship comms; "Our helper seems to have gone inside the other ship.

Lastly the black and white haired women yells down. "I don't know what you have planned, but I will shoot you in the leg if you don't start climbing the ladder behind me. And from this angle I will have to aim at your shoulders to him them. Pistol is aimed at you Scott

SilverKnight
Squire
Squire

#222 Post by SilverKnight »

Ignoring the assailant above him, Monte turned the inertia from his landing into a full on charge of the armed figure he could see ahead of him.

Roll [2d6+1]=6+1=7

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#223 Post by bsongy »

At the bottom of airlock ramp, weapons still drawn but not threatening anyone, Hiro stands watching the proceedings, the thugs departing, the activity in the Gatling Laser Turret, ready to repel anyone who tries to storm the "Train to the Stars" airlock, trusting Gunnar to provide an overwatch.

Over his comms "Garrett, this is Hiro. Keep the Fusion turret trained on that armored individual with assault rifle in their airlock. Fire if our ship, or anyone on our crew is fired upon. Dev what are we doing? Standing firm, departing or attacking?"

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#224 Post by ateno »

bsongy wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:58 pm Over his comms "Garrett, this is Hiro. Keep the Fusion turret trained on that armored individual with assault rifle in their airlock. Fire if our ship, or anyone on our crew is fired upon. Dev what are we doing? Standing firm, departing or attacking?"
Garrett: "Just so you know that's out of my angle of vision, but I will watch the area the others are running to, I assume that is the area.

Dev does not respond, on the way to the bridge you assume.

Hiro and Gunnar: The man that was aft after being kicked out of the turret is heading to join the other 3. The other 3 are heading straight towards the door without looking over their shoulders, no one else is around.

Scott, you run towards the man with the assault rifle.

He is interested in what's outside and does not notice you.
[2d6]=5

Your not used to running on grates and having to turn on them at full speed you are not able to turn the best and just thunk into him, causing crushing damage to both of you, take half of the result of :

[1d6-2]=6-2=4

Unfortunately for Scott, your rifleman is wearing armor and takes no damage, you on the other hand, run into the edge of his rifle and it gives your ribs an assault that will bruise you later.

Scott you see that the 4 people from outside will arrive at the door you are at the end of the nest round, the pistolwoman behind you has dropped to your level and there is as least one man on the bridge on the radio, looking at you.

SilverKnight
Squire
Squire

#225 Post by SilverKnight »

Taking stock of the situation, Scott realized the situation was going from bad to worse. He changed course and ran towards Hiro.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#226 Post by bsongy »

Garret said:
Garrett: "Just so you know that's out of my angle of vision, but I will watch the area the others are running to, I assume that is the area.

Hiro responds "Copy that. Just blast anyone you have coverage on that takes a hostile action on us. That includes personnel, the ship's bridge or turrets."

Hiro and Gunnar: The man that was aft after being kicked out of the turret is heading to join the other 3. The other 3 are heading straight towards the door without looking over their shoulders, no one else is around.

Hiro says to Gunnar "It looks like they are on the run."

Scott said:
He changed course and ran towards Hiro.

Hiro continues to Gunnar "Spoke too soon. Look like one is headed this way."

Then, over the communicator, Hiro transmits "Dev, we have one headed to the airlock. I am going to need some guidance on ship policy in the next few seconds, or I am going to have to wing it." Hiro knows she has her earpiece in and should hear him, even if she is still traveling to the bridge.

Hiro takes up his position, relaxed, and waits. He waits, for either Dev to reply, or for the mysterious stranger, Scott, to cross onto the airlock ramp.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#227 Post by ateno »

Garrett: "Um, you got him Hiro? I am not going to shoot a unarmed man. Alright? Besides, backsplash.

KoboldStew
Scout
Scout

#228 Post by KoboldStew »

Dev taps her earpiece, to communicate with the rest of the crew.

"Sorry, lost you. Seal the ship. Don't retreat. Shoot anyone who tries to get in. Power the turrets. This isn't about 3k."

Dev doesn't understand what is motivating these men. Who attacks a ship in port? They'll never be allowed back here, even once they serve their time.

She arrives at the bridge, and flicks on the external cameras

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#229 Post by cybersavant »

Gunnar Thunarssen calmly waits, aiming at the incoming runner.
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#230 Post by bsongy »

Hiro acknowledges Dev's transmission "Copy that"

Garrett said:
Garrett: "Um, you got him Hiro? I am not going to shoot a unarmed man. Alright? Besides, backsplash.

"One more time: shoot at people who shoot at us. If they are shooting at us, they aren't unarmed." replies Hiro to Garrett, via the comms. Hiro gives Gunnar an exasperated look and sighs. Hiro than clarifies to Garrett "Don't worry. If there is an unarmed person that needs shooting, I will take care of it."

Then to Gunnar "What do you think? Should I just dart him, or wait to hear what he has to say?" gesturing towards the approaching figure.

Hiro listens to Gunnar, then turns to face the approaching figure.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#231 Post by cybersavant »

Gunnar Thunarssen continues to watch the approaching figure. "If he's the one that aided us, can't hurt to listen; but non lethal is suitable for now."
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#232 Post by ateno »

Scott passes the group, making sure to stay on the opposite side of the crew as where the turret gunner is. They appear to not be interested in you.
You pass them and come within 10 feet of a guy with a sword and a pistol and a man with a energy pistol.

The 'Working Girl' loads its 4 crewmen and starts to take off, even with the door half open. They bring up the front and accelerate, leaving wind behind.

Gunnar and Hiro, you see a man in a starport workers one piece carrying a trash reacher and a backpack for trash who is slowing as he reaches you.

Garrett on a secure comm:
"Securing turret. is this a good time to say I don't know how to route power to the turret, I was moving the turret around on ship power but I got a polite warning if I shot on ship power I would {Possibly infringe on other ship activity}. Where do you need me?

SilverKnight
Squire
Squire

#233 Post by SilverKnight »

Scott came to a stop amidst the group, hands on thighs, panting a bit from his exertions. Smiling he said

You'll have to pardon my barrelling in like this Lads. I'm Lieutenant Scott. I was the one who fired that shot from the Gatling laser at those 3 outside.

He looked sheepish for a moment before continuing

I might've placed that shot a wee bit close to yer team. Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm an Engineer, trained Gunner, and useful in a battle...

He laughed gesturing to his unarmed and unarmored self;

when properly outfitted of course. I'm lookin' fer a way off this planet. I'd be willin' to work fer ya for passage to your next stop, and...

He smiled again broadly.

perhaps ya'd consider signing me on, if I'm worth my salt.

He straightened and stood upright, fixing his gaze on the man standing before him.

I'd just need ta pickup ma things, and could be off.

KoboldStew
Scout
Scout

#234 Post by KoboldStew »

On the bridge, Dev seals the room and activates a screen, and allows power to go to the turret. "You're hot, Garrett" she tells him.

She looks on the screens to see if there are any indications of boarders or people on the exterior of the hull. On the screens, she sees Scott approach, and talk to [[Hiro?]] at the airlock. She can't make out what he says.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#235 Post by bsongy »

The 'Working Girl' loads its 4 crewmen and starts to take off, even with the door half open. They bring up the front and accelerate, leaving wind behind.

Gunnar and Hiro, you see a man in a starport workers one piece carrying a trash reacher and a backpack for trash who is slowing as he reaches you.

Hiro said:
"What do you think? Should I just dart him, or wait to hear what he has to say?"

Gunnar said:
Gunnar Thunarssen continues to watch the approaching figure. "If he's the one that aided us, can't hurt to listen; but non lethal is suitable for now."

Hiro waits for the man to approach, then at about 3m away he gestures with his sword for him to stop. "Well?"

Scott said:

You'll have to pardon my barrelling in like this Lads. I'm Lieutenant Scott. I was the one who fired that shot from the Gatling laser at those 3 outside. I might've placed that shot a wee bit close to yer team. Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm an Engineer, trained Gunner, and useful in a battle...when properly outfitted of course. I'm lookin' fer a way off this planet. I'd be willin' to work fer ya for passage to your next stop, and...perhaps ya'd consider signing me on, if I'm worth my salt. I'd just need ta pickup ma things, and could be off.

Dev said:
On the screens, she sees Scott approach, and talk to [[Hiro?]] at the airlock. She can't make out what he says.

Hiro stands there, looking at the man.

After five or six seconds, he radios over the comms "Dev. Hiro. It seems we have a job applicant. Do you want to handle this or would you prefer Gunnar and myself handle it?"

KoboldStew
Scout
Scout

#236 Post by KoboldStew »

"He knows how to make an entrance. You go ahead," Dev suggests, confident she could veto him if it didn't work out. She sees he's big, and perhaps knows his way around the ship. Better than she does, at any rate.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#237 Post by ateno »

The Working Girl lands on the opposite side of the pad.
A security jeep shows up and takes your statement and makes sure no one was hurt, and takes pictures of the area and foot prints.
"I will take the others ships statements, I'll send along a report and decision in a day or two, here is my card." Officer R'thelh

Moving Foreward

Monte Scott is allowed to gather his things and move onboard the "Train to the Stars", after quitting his job and turning in his starport worker uniform and tool.

People talk to Monte and get associated with him, he takes one of the rooms on the bridge level. It smells vaguely of curry

The post meth lab has been converted to a standard stateroom. The hardware installed is of better quality but defiantly second hand.

With the signatures, the Train to the Stars is cleared to for 'normal' activities.

Transit plan is forward for round trip to Octavias mountain and lift off is scheduled for 5pm.

Any final plans before lift off

SilverKnight
Squire
Squire

#238 Post by SilverKnight »

Monte settled his few belongings into his cabin looking at it appreciatively. He ran his hands along the bulkheads and fixtures as he moved about the ship and then the cabin,
seemingly learning every curve and line, every bolt and rivet. He sighed deeply, contented. He was happy to be back aboard a starship. After placing his few items carefully,
he sat down on his bunk and with loving attention, cleaned and oiled first his Cutlass, then his shotgun. He checked the action to ensure it's swift smoothness. He smiled to himself.
He owed this crew a debt of thanks from rescuing him from the depths of his own depression.

Once done with his settling-in preparations, he smoothed his clothes, and headed to whatever passed for a galley or lounge on this vessel. He wanted to get to know his new crewmates,
and acquaint himself fully with the ship.

KoboldStew
Scout
Scout

#239 Post by KoboldStew »

Dev introduces herself as Monte leaves his cabin.

"I guess you've been hired. Welcome aboard. Has anyone discussed your duties yet?" She takes out her handcomp, and scrills throught eh brief resume that was uploaded. "Engineer? Do you want me to show you where the engines are on this ship?"

the offer is sincere, but she is not especialy invested in the answer he gives. If yes, she'll thow him what she knows. If no, then she 'll shrug and say "See you at dinner, then."

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#240 Post by bsongy »

Hiro said:
"Dev. Hiro. It seems we have a job applicant. Do you want to handle this or would you prefer Gunnar and myself handle it?"

Dev said:
"He knows how to make an entrance. You go ahead,"

To Dev, over the comms, HIro acknowledges Dev "Roger"

To Scott, Hiro says "So you say you know your way around a Engineering section?" The turning to Gunnar, Hiro asks "Would you be willing to take him down to Engineering and see what he knows?"

Hiro stands watch over the airlock, to deal with the local police.

Officer R'thelth said
"I will take the others ships statements, I'll send along a report and decision in a day or two, here is my card."
"Very good."
Hiro takes the card formally, with two hands, while bowing slightly. He reads the card carefully, and does not pocket it until the officer has stepped away.

People talk to Monte and get associated with him, he takes one of the rooms on the bridge level
The post meth lab has been converted to a standard stateroom. The hardware installed is of better quality but defiantly second hand.

Hiro moves what gear he has into the former meth lab stateroom. After getting settled, Hiro goes to the galley and prepares a light meal for the crew. While in the galley he checks if the starport crew properly serviced the food printer. During the meal, Hiro chats with his crew mates, especially the newest addition, Scott. After everyone has eaten, Hiro cleans up the dishes in the galley.

At 1620, Hiro heads to the bridge to check over the ship and begin his pre-flight preperations.

Return to “Koninkrijk - Adventures in a Pocket Empire (Mongoose Traveller)”