Chapter Nine: Year 300, 6th Day

BackworldTraveller
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter Nine: Year 300, 6th Day

#721 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Assana asks

When will we be able to set of to find my father?

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#722 Post by The Bindoner »

"Dinner," Indrani says with a wan smile. "Thankfully, the galley is still in one piece. Let's talk while we cook and eat, shall we?" She gathers everyone around the galley, and starts talking as she also starts the evening meal.
Nālani offers: I have a personal Autochef, and an Autobar too, if they would help. They do not compare to proper cooking, of course, but the chef can do some of the simpler things, perhaps? It is very good with rice. My bartender mixes perfect cocktails, but I have not found a function for juggling, so there is no flair, I'm afraid.
ateno wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:47 pm "Let's order some cameras for morning delivery and attach after delivery. Watches, Maggie, you take 8pm to mid, I'll take mid to 4, Reven, 4 to breakfast, armed please.

In the morning, Maggie and I, cameras

Nālani you and Reven are in of charge welding, Captain if you could oversee?"

Pranit
Something I know how to do.

Come, Reven, let us check each other's suits and get started.
Assana asks

When will we be able to set of to find my father?
Nālani looks around the room, as a token indicating the ship, in irritation: Certainly not before all of this is dealt with. Even then, is it wise to look? We are being hunted more effectively than him, I would prefer to lead the pursuit away from others than toward them.

More kindly: There may be clues in that kasu box. Perhaps breaking into that will take your mind off it while we mend the Queen.

(It appears the failure of her "bright idea" has soured her normally up-beat mood).
Last edited by The Bindoner on Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#723 Post by cybersavant »

The Bindoner wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:21 am Come, Reven, let us check each other's suits and get started.
Reven Stiilpahth "Well, this'll be fast. I only have Hebden's old suit - and ti's missing gloves and an air-supply."
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#724 Post by The Bindoner »

cybersavant wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:05 pm
The Bindoner wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:21 am Come, Reven, let us check each other's suits and get started.
Reven Stiilpahth "Well, this'll be fast. I only have Hebden's old suit - and ti's missing gloves and an air-supply."
Nālani smiles and, dropping into her Belter accent, reples;

Tcha, plenty parts around today, yah? Make y'a Frankensuit. Took off most Arnwolf's suit, should be plenty NitrOx in his Pliss.

Turning to the others, resuming her precise speech: Did any of you find some suit gloves that might fit while you were tidying away the debris?

(Pliss -Personal Life Support System, PLSS.)

I'm assuming that, as Arnwolf felled himself stripping off his suit, and Nālani then treated a chest wound, major parts would have been left behind when he was evacuated.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#725 Post by joertexas »

The Bindoner wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:12 pm
cybersavant wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:05 pm
Nālani smiles and, dropping into her Belter accent, reples;

Tcha, plenty parts around today, yah? Make y'a Frankensuit. Took off most Arnwolf's suit, should be plenty NitrOx in his Pliss.

Turning to the others, resuming her precise speech: Did any of you find some suit gloves that might fit while you were tidying away the debris?

(Pliss -Personal Life Support System, PLSS.)

I'm assuming that, as Arnwolf felled himself stripping off his suit, and Nālani then treated a chest wound, major parts would have been left behind when he was evacuated.
"it would be better to buy new suits for all of us," Indrani says. "How long would it take to get them here?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#726 Post by ateno »

joertexas wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:08 am "it would be better to buy new suits for all of us," Indrani says. "How long would it take to get them here?"
"Theres bound to be a 24 hour chandry shop around the southpole somewhere. I'll check it out after dinner.
I need everyone's sizes. This will go under insurance repairs. Captain I got a call back from the lawyer, from our original call. I will call him first thing in the AM to update him and officially hire him?

Pranit will buy a suit for everyone, and get to sleep early. Its been a long day.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#727 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Suits are Cr11,000 each for "off the peg" belter suits - not that any self respecting Belter goes for "Off the peg" - and each will take an hour to fit (after delivery).
There are many small features that Belters would add (to their personal taste) and finding the right artwork/colours also takes time (and money).
Equipping Indrani, Nalani, Noor, Maggie, Reven and Pranit will cost Cr66,000 at best - more for quick delivery and customisation. n.b. Assana's suit is new anyway.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#728 Post by ateno »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:21 pm Suits are Cr11,000 each for "off the peg" belter suits - not that any self respecting Belter goes for "Off the peg" - and each will take an hour to fit (after delivery).
There are many small features that Belters would add (to their personal taste) and finding the right artwork/colours also takes time (and money).
Equipping Indrani, Nalani, Noor, Maggie, Reven and Pranit will cost Cr66,000 at best - more for quick delivery and customization. n.b. Assana's suit is new anyway.
Pranit will forward the information to everyone, incase they want to personalize theirs. Pranit will check his own out and not buy a new one.

Pranit will make a order when he has heard from everyone.

Pranit

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#729 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:38 pm
BackworldTraveller wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:21 pm Suits are Cr11,000 each for "off the peg" belter suits - not that any self respecting Belter goes for "Off the peg" - and each will take an hour to fit (after delivery).
Equipping Indrani, Nalani, Noor, Maggie, Reven and Pranit will cost Cr66,000 at best - more for quick delivery and customization. n.b. Assana's suit is new anyway.
Pranit will forward the information to everyone, incase they want to personalize theirs. Pranit will check his own out and not buy a new one.

Pranit will make a order when he has heard from everyone.

Pranit
"Sounds good, but we might want to add some light armor to them," Indrani says.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#730 Post by The Bindoner »

Nālani nudges Reven and whispers: For real Navy. "It broke? Requisition a new one."

Out loud, to Prerna and Pranit: Armour is sensible, whoever sent us today's trouble will try again.

I will not turn down a free suit, but I should remind you, I do have one of my own. It has a hole, yes, but I have patched it, and I can fix it.

However, if the insurance company is paying, not the ship, I do have a few requirements in a suit...

I'll write a wish-list of mods if needed :)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#731 Post by joertexas »

The Bindoner wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:05 pm
I'll write a wish-list of mods if needed :)
What mods are available for the vacc suits at this TL?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#732 Post by cybersavant »

Reven Stiilpahth "Any suit color and mod is fine for me."
gaming since 1980

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#733 Post by BackworldTraveller »

The catalogue mostly notes options on bright paint-jobs, exotic paint-jobs, artistic paint-jobs, comms, software, external pockets, med-kits, mag-boots & hand-grips, in-built inertial sensors, etc. They are NOT advertising armour options - unless you want to go for one of the more clunky hostile environment vacc-suits (and those are harder to use). Extended PLSS and mobility packs are available too - but they aren't built-in.

They also advertise made to measure suits rather than off-the-peg and adjust the straps sort. Also with all the extra options.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#734 Post by ateno »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:02 pm They also advertise made to measure suits rather than off-the-peg and adjust the straps sort. Also with all the extra options.
"Captain, we might want to make a appointment and send everyone down one or two at a time for fittings. Be the best thing I think if you want to move forward, the ship provides X credits, crew can pay for customization.

Pranit

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#735 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:22 pm
BackworldTraveller wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:02 pm They also advertise made to measure suits rather than off-the-peg and adjust the straps sort. Also with all the extra options.
"Captain, we might want to make a appointment and send everyone down one or two at a time for fittings. Be the best thing I think if you want to move forward, the ship provides X credits, crew can pay for customization.

Pranit
"Very well, let's do that."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#736 Post by ateno »

Pranit will look at the possibilities in the catalog and go to bed early. In the am he will call the shop and get appointment information and such.
Also he will inquire on a replacement of his vacuum flight suit.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#737 Post by The Bindoner »

Nālani tells Pranit: All I would need on a spare suit is magnetic grips and a decent paint-job. However, perhaps they can supply a part repair my suit? An arm-plate from one of their Hevvy suits should do. I would prefer replacing the thing entirely to welding a patch over the hole.

After the meal she tells Indrani: Thank you, it is nice to eat a proper meal with a crew again.

Assana, help me clear things away, so I have someone to talk to.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#738 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Assana looks a bit shocked at the request, but complies.

You said that just like my mum says it! - It's odd. When I'm home I can't stand her fussing and now I miss her.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#739 Post by joertexas »

The Bindoner wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:39 pm After the meal she tells Indrani: Thank you, it is nice to eat a proper meal with a crew again.

Assana, help me clear things away, so I have someone to talk to.
"You're welcome, and thanks for helping clear the dishes. I'm going to go see about the computer," she looks at Pranit, "unless you want me to work on something else."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#740 Post by cybersavant »

Reven Stiilpahth "Almost like the old days. What do you need me to do?"
gaming since 1980