Pre-Game Planning Discussion

GreyWolfVT
tarlyn
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Pre-Game Planning Discussion

#141 Post by tarlyn »

I know the Complete Wiz Hbook has spells but unsure about the Necromancer .... there are always the 4 Wiz Spell Compendiums but too many rare spells in there or from difft settings etc.
"I drained the soul of a monk once....... It tasted like Chocolate."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#142 Post by spanningtree »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:45 pm The first two yes the complete handbooks tentatively. PHB 100% yes.
Please, please, please.... on the latter two. :) I have been sourcing from them quite a bit.
I understand things can get wonky with too much material though.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by Storm11 »

This is why second edition always sounds great at first and then it rapidly becomes sour.

You guys push things to the limit.

Cant you play with the gazillion pages of spells in the PHB? It’s not like there are tons already.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#144 Post by GreyWolfVT »

spanningtree wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:46 pm
GreyWolfVT wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:45 pm The first two yes the complete handbooks tentatively. PHB 100% yes.
Please, please, please.... on the latter two. :) I have been sourcing from them quite a bit.
I understand things can get wonky with too much material though.
Give me your list from the latter two of spells you want and I will approve some of them but not all of them fair compromise same goes for anyone else. I am trying to keep things less complicated and we are starting to wheelhouse into out of control here.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by ravenn4544 »

I'll only be using PHB for class features if that helps give a little flexibility on this one to spanningtree.

GreyWolfVT

#146 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ravenn4544 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:00 pm I'll only be using PHB for class features if that helps give a little flexibility on this one to spanningtree.
Doesn't change much I know I am known as the "DM that usually never says no" or gives the players way too much "goodies" probably overly generous DM I d k. Candyman?

I'm willing to allow some spells from both handbooks but I'd like to know what the players are looking for so PM spells to me and I'll still make a call but not here since I was trying to keep things less well known to other players in the opposing group.

Don't make me turn this adventure around! :lol:

Or turn this into the thief's run challenge! :D
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by spanningtree »

Not trying to create any issues! :?

GreyWolfVT

#148 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hey now running some of these characters through a maze meant specifically for rogue class would be hilarious. :)

spanningtree No worries mate!

BTW I approve of everything in that PM just replied back curious about one item.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#149 Post by spanningtree »

Schweet! 8-)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Rex »

That would be fun, the thief run.

GreyWolfVT

#151 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The guy that ran that game on here is in this game. Grognardsw. I actually played in that one. At some point I hope to run through some of the other challenge modules.

At any rate I do keep editing the about this game info the teams have shifted people around a little. Also have been editing the Greyhawk 101 as well you will find I offer a new weapon type from the Lanhkmar adventure. Pretty cool I think a double-shot crossbow I'd love to have it on a dwarf :)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Rex »

I may take one, going to do some work on my character this weekend when I have a few minutes, I have some changes in mind.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Grognardsw »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:24 pm The guy that ran that game on here is in this game. Grognardsw. I actually played in that one.
The Assassin’s Run was an obstacle course and test of skill, wit and weaponry for one 6th level thief, assassin, or thief-acrobat. Players competed by a scoring system.

viewforum.php?f=123
Grognardsw wrote: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:46 pm Image

This adventure is from the early days of Dragon magazine. The “Run” is an obstacle course and test of skill, wit and weaponry for one 6th level thief, assassin, or thief-acrobat.

Multiple players can participate in the "Run" singly, being timed and scored against others. Alternately, two runners can compete simultaneously in the Run but from opposite directions. When they meet, they'll have to get past each other in whatever way they like to complete the Run with the best time and score. If there are four players, they could be in teams of two competing against the other team. Scoring is based on time (rounds to complete the Run) and achievement (succeeding in the various tasks).

Post rate 2-3 times a week, unless a player desires more. The Run should not take more than six months, which is short by PbP standards.

Characters may be generated by players or they may play pre-generated classic thieves or assassins from fantasy literature. For example, younger (6th level) versions of:
- Shadowjack (Roger Zelazny)
- Grey Mouser (Fritz Leiber's Lankhmar)
- Shadowspawn (Thieves World)
- Conan (Robert E. Howard)
- Locke Lamora
- Silk of Belgariad
- Jimmy the Hand
- Artemis Entreri
- Havelock Veteneri
- or others, at the point in their life when they're 6th level.

Competing players will have characters of like skill and ability stats. There will be standard equipment, and any creative Western non-magical equipment additions a player may think of (with DM approval.)

GreyWolfVT

#154 Post by GreyWolfVT »

and it was fun even if some of the puzzles were beyond my skill.

GreyWolfVT

#155 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Guys Scott308 had to drop out (lack of time for another game) so I am falling back to looking for the 12th person. I have one player that had PM'd since we started pre-planning that I have reached out to Zeromancer. If he is not able to join I'll check in with the ones that were too busy when I PM'd everyone to see if anyone is freed up enough to join us. If all else fails I'll hit up some others I can think of or post open recruitment for 1 player.

GreyWolfVT

#156 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Just wanted to clarify we do understand this is 2 different groups working towards the same goal or similar anyway. The intention is not a big PVP battle at the end. At least that is not my intended conclusion. Sure your groups may encounter one an other along the way but forcing a fight is not my intent. Especially with the intent of possibly fogging you all into Ravenloft at some point near the end.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by Rex »

Makes sense to me. Wasn't looking at it as a PvP combat so much as a PvP race.

GreyWolfVT

#158 Post by GreyWolfVT »

That is the general idea sure if the two bump into one an other tensions might get high but I can't say what will happen as that will be up to all of you. the DM doesn't force conflict when it is two P groups. However any NPC groups involved act according to what info is provided to me.

GreyWolfVT

#159 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Well Zeromancer was a no go wasn't "feeling the adventure module" roughly how it was put. So I guess I can either leave it uneven or ask the too busy to join but interested folks from my original PM or put out "feelers" in a LFP post looking for only 1 person and hoping for no more than that.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by Monsieur Rose »

It's been a while, maybe the too busy aren't anymore. :D

Return to “GreyWolfVT's GreyHawk Adventure (2e)”