Pre-Game Planning Discussion

GreyWolfVT
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Pre-Game Planning Discussion

#101 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Storm11 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:25 pm I am interested in method 7. 75 points to allocate between the six attributes.

You add and subtract the racial bonus/penalty after allocation right? Just to clarify before I start.
Correct. Add & subtract racial state adjustments after allocating the points.

More than one of you asked about starting level doing the lankhmar adventure to start with in the Free city of Greyhawk or Irongate. The adventure suggests for level 8-12 but warns against starting at level 6 or lower. I'm thinking start off as level 7 keeping in mind that you might get bumped to 8 if things are too hard I want it to be a challenge but not so much so that you all are feeling like it's too hard.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Storm11 »

And if you play any kind of mage how are you allocating spells good sir?
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#103 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Using the roll to learn system. Not sure if I want to use that spell point system, personally I'm leaning towards not using spell points but if players want to use it so be it, we can.

But the pick what you want to learn and roll your chance to learn. Unless you have another method in mind. :geek:
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#104 Post by RiverGreenForest »

How much gold would we start out with to buy gear and equipment?

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Storm11 »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:16 pm Using the roll to learn system. Not sure if I want to use that spell point system, personally I'm leaning towards not using spell points but if players want to use it so be it, we can.

But the pick what you want to learn and roll your chance to learn. Unless you have another method in mind. :geek:
No the pick what you want to learn and roll to see sounds great.
Greys Campaign.

GreyWolfVT

#106 Post by GreyWolfVT »

RiverGreenForest wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:28 pm How much gold would we start out with to buy gear and equipment?

Well being level 7 I would think you would have a fairly decent amount of coin and or items.

500gp + 1d10 * 25gp,normal starting equipment is what I have found around the internet as a standard for levels 5-10 to start I rolled for this and decided

750 gp to start for all.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Rex »

Since 7th level, any chance of magic item(s)?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Rex »

Are you thinking a fixed starting level for multi-class or a XP total to split? At 7th level area there are lots of interesting possibilities.

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#109 Post by RiverGreenForest »

GreyWolfVT wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:31 pm
RiverGreenForest wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:28 pm How much gold would we start out with to buy gear and equipment?

Well being level 7 I would think you would have a fairly decent amount of coin and or items.

500gp + 1d10 * 25gp,normal starting equipment is what I have found around the internet as a standard for levels 5-10 to start I rolled for this and decided

750 gp to start for all.
750gp :o

Gods be praised! I'm going to name my firstborn child after you, Ed.

I've already started working on my Dwarf. Question about proficiencies are non-weapon proficiencies allowed? I'm trying to figure out how many proficiencies we can have and how to add that to my character sheet.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Rex »

I just looked, to save you some time Ed and 75,000 XP makes every class 7th level except Bards, Druids and Thieves, they would all be 8th level.

Maybe the minimum XP for 7th level if single classed and 75,000 total for Dual/Multi - Classed with a max of 7th level in any single class.

GreyWolfVT

#111 Post by GreyWolfVT »

A1: Yes there is always a chance of a magic item to start with most likely of my random issuing.

A2: Probably the 75,000 xp you mentioned Rex. 7th level is 1 level lower than the pdf suggests so 75,000 xp it is if you chose to dual or multi class so be it.

A3: Yes 750 GP, and yes NWP are always allowed.

Also that dwarf kit is based on location each of those 3 is a location your dwarf can be from it changes what stat adjustments and classes they can be though.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Grognardsw »

Hi All, in the PM discussions of the game, one group would be evil and the other good (in competition in the adventure). Is that still the case? A mix within one group woudn't work as well, motivationally and otherwise. I'll be part of the evil group :twisted: and keep character discussion private for competitive reasons.

GreyWolfVT

#113 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grognardsw wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:12 am Hi All, in the PM discussions of the game, one group would be evil and the other good (in competition in the adventure). Is that still the case? A mix within one group woudn't work as well, motivationally and otherwise. I'll be part of the evil group :twisted: and keep character discussion private for competitive reasons.
So far hard to say some said they wanted to be evil but others didn't speak up so at any rate. I have seen 1 character sheet beyond that I have no idea how many made evil vs good the plan was to have one group evil one not. Neutral is fine and probably fits better in the good group but could work in Evil. If I have to shuffle people around group wise based on what they made I can do that.

Short answer yes Bill that is supposed to be the case.

RiverGreenForest
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#114 Post by RiverGreenForest »

I got most of the basics done on my dwarf. But I'll start tweaking it some more tomorrow. I'm playing as a Karakast Dwarf Fighter that is Lawful Neutral, strangely reserved by Dwarf standards, and also strangely polite hence I'm following the Greyhawk lore.

You can put me in whatever group. I just don't want Rex to kill me. I like to think of us as a dynamic duo, my Tattoo to Rex's Roarke. 8-)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Rex »

No comment on what I am working on, should be fun either way.

GreyWolfVT

#116 Post by GreyWolfVT »

What Rex you mean your Aarakocra assassin? :shock:

Actually that is kind of the point the other players are not supposed to know what you are making other than the group you are in we cannot give the enemy any leg up you know! :D

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Rex »

You gave it away!

GreyWolfVT

#118 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Wait or did you mean the Half-Giant Barbarian?

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Dammit! That was mine!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan