The In Crowd

ybn1197
ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

The In Crowd

#1 Post by ybn1197 »

Your eyes pop open at sundown, alert and ready to go. You feel your Hunger, your endless companion, and you briefly reminisce about the events from last night and the vivid dreams you may have experienced. Everyone subtract 1 from your blood pool to wake up.

A slight buzzing emanates from inside David's jacket.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The In Crowd

#2 Post by shaidar »

Leo nods at David

"I hope that is that Markus guy calling. Otherwise we need fresh clothes, money, and to find out how long we were dead."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

He wakes, more refreshed than he has any right to be. His mind is still processing the events of the last day night. "What? Who? Oh right. That was ages ago it seems."

Searching for the phone, he eventually answers using an engrained greeting from his previous life. "This is The Moor. Speak. Uh...I mean...this is David." He waves everyone to be quiet.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rex »

William

William concentrates on listening into the call.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by ybn1197 »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:27 pm David

He wakes, more refreshed than he has any right to be. His mind is still processing the events of the last day night. "What? Who? Oh right. That was ages ago it seems."

Searching for the phone, he eventually answers using an engrained greeting from his previous life. "This is The Moor. Speak. Uh...I mean...this is David." He waves everyone to be quiet.
David is expecting to hear Marcus's voice on the other end and is surprised to hear a woman's voice answer. "...David, this is Jackie. Am I correct to assume you received this phone from Marcus?" Caught unaware, David nods his head answers with a simple "Yes," confusion evident on his face. "Have you heard from Marcus since he dropped you off last night?" Again David shakes his head but this time negatively, "No, we haven't..." "We... so the others are there with you," she replies more as a statement than a question. "Where are you? I will send a car to pick you up."

Sorry to take liberties with your character but I wanted to make sure this moved along and doesn't get bogged down waiting in real time for simple answers. Rest assured everyone I do not normally do this but I wanted to keep the flow going.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

can we all hear both sides of the conversation?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by ybn1197 »

No. I looked around and the nearest I can tell is the speakerphone came about in cell phones around 2008 or 2009. This is an early model flip phone from around 2006 or 2007.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#8 Post by Lance »

You don't need a speaker for both sides to be audible. My SO can hear my mom all the time. Also, our characters are vampires.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by ybn1197 »

Lance wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:37 pm You don't need a speaker for both sides to be audible. My SO can hear my mom all the time. Also, our characters are vampires.
Valid point. I'll allow everyone to have heard both sides of the conversation.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rex »

William

"We need to be cautious in case its a trap."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by shaidar »

Leo

"Yeah, hang up, we don't know who it is. It could be them. Marcus said they can monitor phones. "
Last edited by shaidar on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by Lance »

Odin tries to notice any indication (conversation from the corridors, radio chatter or red and blue lights from the street) that the... um... crime scene was found.
Rex wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:59 pm William

"We need to be cautious in case its a trap."
"How can we prepare? Remember the path the car takes? Agree on a safe word?"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by ybn1197 »

Lance wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:04 pm Odin tries to notice any indication (conversation from the corridors, radio chatter or red and blue lights from the street) that the... um... crime scene was found.
There are no red and blue lights flashing from the street below but when Odin trains his ears to hear conversation going on outside the room he does here a couple of people talking about a crime scene on the floor above and how the cops have already written it off as drug related.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Monsieur Rose »

David

He waves the others to be quiet. If Jackie's hearing is as good as theirs, she'll get tipped off.

"Jackie. Right. Is there a problem? You've got to understand, this is all kinds of unusual. I'm not saying I don't trust you, but give me something so I can."

David puts his phone on mute for a moment. "Like I said, odd. But we don't have any other contacts and I don't relish the opportunity to navigate this scene freelance. Maybe ask for a car a few blocks away?"

He looks to the others for approval.

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#15 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Coming to consciousness quickly, Julia is momentarily disoriented at waking up in a bathtub in a strange, dark bathroom. It doesn't last long, as the dull, vaguely coppery taste in her mouth prompts a flood of memories of the events of the previous night. Ignoring the voices she hears outside the bathroom, she flicks on the light switch and dismantles her hastily put together 'bed'. Disrobing, she takes a long, hot shower, finally washing off all the dried blood and grime from everything that's happened. Julia marvels for a moment at the lack of any sign of the grievous wound she should still have on her abdomen. There isn't even a hint of a scar.

When she's finished, she pauses for a moment before redressing. She really doesn't want to have to wear those clothes again; they had already gotten pretty vile. But lacking any other choice, she cleans them as best she can and puts them back on.

Finally stepping out of the bathroom, now at least somewhat cleaner, Julia sees the others still there. As expected of course, since she heard their voices earlier. "Whatever the plan is, it can wait until we get out of here and get new clothes."

I'm not entirely sure how many blood points Julia should have right now. I know she got 5 last night and spent 1 to wake up this evening, but how many did she start with?

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by Lance »

Odin walks closer to Julia, not to interrupt the phone call. "I'm sure the pickup can be delayed, so I'm game. Yesterday was centuries ago though, I have no idea if we have the cash for clothes."
Gremlin wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:20 am I'm not entirely sure how many blood points Julia should have right now. I know she got 5 last night and spent 1 to wake up this evening, but how many did she start with?
Same question

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by shaidar »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:08 pm David

He waves the others to be quiet. If Jackie's hearing is as good as theirs, she'll get tipped off.

"Jackie. Right. Is there a problem? You've got to understand, this is all kinds of unusual. I'm not saying I don't trust you, but give me something so I can."

David puts his phone on mute for a moment. "Like I said, odd. But we don't have any other contacts and I don't relish the opportunity to navigate this scene freelance. Maybe ask for a car a few blocks away?"

He looks to the others for approval.
Leo

"Hold on, Markus said that the phone has a number in it that we should call in an emergency. I say we hang up and call it. This current call stinks of a trap."

Gremlin
Guide
Guide

#18 Post by Gremlin »

Julia

Noticing there's a phone call, Julia picks up that there might be something off about it. "What number called that phone? Does it match the one programmed into the phone? If not, then assume it's compromised, get the emergency number off the phone and ditch it. We should just get out of here, get some new clothes and find that Red Star place."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rex »

William

"Good idea, what is the number that called?"

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by Lance »

Odin takes a moment to think it through. "They don't know where we are, or where we're headed. Let's keep it that way. I vote for Julia's plan."

Assuming the number calling is not the correct one.

Return to “Baltimore by Night (Vampire: The Masquerade (V20))”