IG: The Jump To Kurzu

Eris
Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

IG: The Jump To Kurzu

#1 Post by Eris »

This post contains some information and a summary of the first few days of the jump to Kurzu. As follows...

...and now...Day 4 and 5

Hendrick is truly surprised when JOXE works on all 3 of the encrypted files!

File 1: Contains the code for J1, J2, and J3 using an Xtce Jump Drive. When you delve into the code you see that it is very, very similar to standard J1, but takes a different direction when you look at the J2 code and is very different when you look at the J3 code. The J2 and J3 code appears to address hardware that doesn't exist on a Jump Drive.

File 2: Hold the schematic and a 3-d printer programming to make what is called a Jump Stabilizer. Looking at the schematic, this part fits into those empty sockets you found earlier.

File 3: Contains Operating Procedures for engaging an Xtce Jump Drive including modified instructions for power and fuel flow. This drive uses less power to create the jump envelope and the fuel requirements are lower by a full half!

As for reentrance into normal space. You have decided that you shouldn't have the same sort of problem that entry caused you, even if you don't make any changes to programming or hardware.

Down in Sickbay, Paris is still unconscious and in a Low Berth. Everything else is much the same...nothing much happens in Jump Space...

Time for everyone to jump in!
Last edited by Eris on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: IG: The Jump To Kurzu

#2 Post by terrymixon »

The only thing I think that wasn't mentioned is that Lily proposed getting some grav wings/grav belts/go-dos for shipboard use. I remember we came to an agreement to that they were damned useful and to do it, but the details are lost in my memory. I vaguely remember buying some, I think.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:22 pm The only thing I think that wasn't mentioned is that Lily proposed getting some grav wings/grav belts/go-dos for shipboard use. I remember we came to an agreement to that they were damned useful and to do it, but the details are lost in my memory. I vaguely remember buying some, I think.
Yes, you bought the grav belt and the grav ski, or gDoo, that you had been test flying for the ship. Brent, I think, said you could keep a few of those in cargo if you decided they were really useful, but Lily was pretty adamant you buy those you tested.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:10 pm
terrymixon wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:22 pm The only thing I think that wasn't mentioned is that Lily proposed getting some grav wings/grav belts/go-dos for shipboard use. I remember we came to an agreement to that they were damned useful and to do it, but the details are lost in my memory. I vaguely remember buying some, I think.
She’s very enamored with them and the advantages they offered.

Yes, you bought the grav belt and the grav ski, or gDoo, that you had been test flying for the ship. Brent, I think, said you could keep a few of those in cargo if you decided they were really useful, but Lily was pretty adamant you buy those you tested.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by terrymixon »

terrymixon wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:53 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:10 pm
She’s very enamored with them and the advantages they offered.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:14 amTime for everyone to jump in!
Joxe smiles at Hendrick as he finishes examining the last file. "I wonder where all of that came from?" She touches her necklace.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:37 pm
Joxe smiles at Hendrick as he finishes examining the last file. "I wonder where all of that came from?" She touches her necklace.
OOC: You think, maybe, the Squids of Xtce and the Bobbles of Newton? Whatever that means! :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:14 pmOOC: You think, maybe, the Squids of Xtce and the Bobbles of Newton? Whatever that means! :)
She's thinking of how and why the information is in her necklace.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Magdalena
Strider
Strider

#9 Post by Magdalena »

Once they have the jump drive information from Joxe’s locket Magda retreats to the low-berth bay with a cushion to sit on, her duvet and her laptop. She sits on the floor next to Paris’ low-berth and begins sorting out the math for the J2 and J3 parts of the drive. Magda connects a pair of portable speakers from engineering and plays music while she works. When she gets tired she pulls a mattress in from their shared stateroom and goes to sleep on the floor next to her friend.

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#10 Post by bobk2323 »

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:14 am
Down in Sickbay, Paris is still unconscious and in a Low Berth. Everything else is much the same...nothing much happens in Jump Space...

Time for everyone to jump in!
Terribly concerned about Paris, Tamaki spends most of her time in sickbay, continuing to study sensor and comm ops while also keeping an eye on both the low berth's readings and her patient's medical telemetry. She hopes that their remaining time in Jump Space remains as mundane as it is now...

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

Magdalena
Strider
Strider

#11 Post by Magdalena »

Magda looks at Tamaki as she sits on the floor near her berth going through the datafiles, "She is going to be alright no?"

She smiles and runs an hand over Paris pod, "She is my friend, I am concerned for her health."

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by ateno »

Darain finishes replacing the several bad relays and short in the gravitics system to the pod, after testing he finds some of the rest of the system also has shorts, which after fixing the pod, then replacing it and it not working he had to trace it down within the ship. After taking apart the pod again.

"I'm going to take a break till tomorrow, I'm done for now. It's tagged out.

How is everyone else?"

Adrian

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#13 Post by bobk2323 »

Magdalena wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:48 pm Magda looks at Tamaki as she sits on the floor near her berth going through the datafiles, "She is going to be alright no?"
The petite ship's doctor gives Magda a concerned look. "It's hard to say. I'm doing *everything* I can for Paris at this point..." She looks down, and lets out a little sigh. "...but I can't give her all of the treatment that she'll need on my own. She needs the services of an actual medical center to properly get through this."
She smiles and runs an hand over Paris pod, "She is my friend, I am concerned for her health."
She nods, her long, light-blonde hair spilling over the side of her pale face unheeded as she looks towards the status panel of the low berth yet again. "Mine too...and if I told you one of those silly little phrases that doctors use to set people's minds at ease, I'd be lying. She's stable right now, but it makes perfect sense for both of us to be worried at this point."

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:18 pm Darain finishes replacing the several bad relays and short in the gravitics system to the pod, after testing he finds some of the rest of the system also has shorts, which after fixing the pod, then replacing it and it not working he had to trace it down within the ship. After taking apart the pod again.

"I'm going to take a break till tomorrow, I'm done for now. It's tagged out.

How is everyone else?"

Adrian
Joxe looks up from the files she's been examining with Hendrick. "I still can't quite believe I had this information all along. Do you need help with the gravtics?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by ateno »

joertexas wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:31 pm Joxe looks up from the files she's been examining with Hendrick. "I still can't quite believe I had this information all along. Do you need help with the gravtics?"
I'm pretty done, tomorrow i'm going to put it together and see if it works. If you want to learn the parts and how it works, your welcome to show.

Adrain

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:40 pm
joertexas wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:31 pm Joxe looks up from the files she's been examining with Hendrick. "I still can't quite believe I had this information all along. Do you need help with the gravtics?"
I'm pretty done, tomorrow i'm going to put it together and see if it works. If you want to learn the parts and how it works, your welcome to show.

Adrain
Joxe grins. "Deal. Get some rest."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by Eris »

Magda, Hendrick and Randall go through the code for the J1, J2 and J3. It is clear that it diverges drastically from the standard code they have seen for J1 and gets further and further away as it goes up. Whoever figured this out and wrote the code was coming at the problem from an entirely different direction than Argent, Mark and Zeristu are using. The theory behind this isn't explained, but it's certainly not in any books you've got.

The unknown piece of hardware seems to be pretty important, too! You're going to have to construct it and fit it to the drive if you are going to successfully use this new code. You've got the schematics and code to get a 3d printer to make it, and you have a 3d printer in the ship's workshop. From the schematics, it looks like there are several parts that will have to be printed and fitted together. You think you could make it in 3 or 4 days, though.

You have, hopefully, one more day in Jump Space before you come out in, hopefully, the Kurzu system.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:30 pm Magda, Hendrick and Randall go through the code for the J1, J2 and J3. It is clear that it diverges drastically from the standard code they have seen for J1 and gets further and further away as it goes up. Whoever figured this out and wrote the code was coming at the problem from an entirely different direction than Argent, Mark and Zeristu are using. The theory behind this isn't explained, but it's certainly not in any books you've got.

The unknown piece of hardware seems to be pretty important, too! You're going to have to construct it and fit it to the drive if you are going to successfully use this new code. You've got the schematics and code to get a 3d printer to make it, and you have a 3d printer in the ship's workshop. From the schematics, it looks like there are several parts that will have to be printed and fitted together. You think you could make it in 3 or 4 days, though.

You have, hopefully, one more day in Jump Space before you come out in, hopefully, the Kurzu system.
Hendrik will work with what he can to make the device, he has decent motor skills and can follow a schematic, he thinks. Is the code are written up to load into the Jdrive system or does it iave to be ported to our computers?
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:37 pm
Hendrik says "I wish I knew, this is radically different stuff, and entirely different theory of jump drive. This ship is quite possibly the most valuable thing in our known universe! I would also dearly love to know where it came from. It's clear numerous others know that it exists, or there wouldn't have been multiple attempts on our lives and the presumably successful ones on Akus and your husband. We're a mouse in the dark being stalked by more than one predator..."
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:50 pm
Hendrik says "I wish I knew, this is radically different stuff, and entirely different theory of jump drive. This ship is quite possibly the most valuable thing in our known universe! I would also dearly love to know where it came from. It's clear numerous others know that it exists, or there wouldn't have been multiple attempts on our lives and the presumably successful ones on Akus and your husband. We're a mouse in the dark being stalked by more than one predator..."
"Now there's a bright picture," Joxe says with a grimace. "How did Akus get hold of this in the first place? Was there any additional information in the necklace about that?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “Akus Moby (Traveller)”