IG: The Jump To Kurzu

Eris
Magdalena
Strider
Strider

Re: IG: The Jump To Kurzu

#21 Post by Magdalena »

Magda munches her toast in the common room, glancing occasionally towards the infirmary, "Space is very large no? Goes on forever in all directions yes?"

She grins, "If it is empty and unlimited in every direction, why does the Zeristu always come this way? War is costly in terms of lives and equipment, why not go another way? I mean resources are everywhere."

"What if there is someone else out there and Akus he speaks to them or maybe he steals this ship from them?"

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by joertexas »

Magdalena wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:00 am Magda munches her toast in the common room, glancing occasionally towards the infirmary, "Space is very large no? Goes on forever in all directions yes?"

She grins, "If it is empty and unlimited in every direction, why does the Zeristu always come this way? War is costly in terms of lives and equipment, why not go another way? I mean resources are everywhere."

"What if there is someone else out there and Akus he speaks to them or maybe he steals this ship from them?"
"That's an even bleaker picture." Joxe goes to the galley and makes a cup of hot tea.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by Eris »

OOC: Could I get a summary of your 5th - 7th day in jump from all of you? Here's what I think is going on...1. Hendrick is starting to construct the "part" using the 3d printer; 2. Magda is studying the new jump code while sitting next to the low berth Paris is in; 3. Lily is studying her Security course; 4. Paris is unconscious from her injuries with Tamika watching over her; 5. Everyone else is working resetting systems.

Greg and John are still trying to join the Unseenservant.us board, and aren't having any luck for some reason. I've been going slow to give them time to join, but we can't drag it on forever. I've tried helping Greg, because he's emailed me, but I'm not helping. John said he could play, but I haven't heard from him since. Maybe someone else would have better luck getting them aboard, would some of you try to help them?

I'd like to deal with anything that needs my attention before the Emergence Thread starts. I'd also love to get Greg and John on board before that happens.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:21 pm OOC: Could I get a summary of your 5th - 7th day in jump from all of you? Here's what I think is going on...1. Hendrick is starting to construct the "part" using the 3d printer; 2. Magda is studying the new jump code while sitting next to the low berth Paris is in; 3. Lily is studying her Security course; 4. Paris is unconscious from her injuries with Tamika watching over her; 5. Everyone else is working resetting systems.

Greg and John are still trying to join the Unseenservant.us board, and aren't having any luck for some reason. I've been going slow to give them time to join, but we can't drag it on forever. I've tried helping Greg, because he's emailed me, but I'm not helping. John said he could play, but I haven't heard from him since. Maybe someone else would have better luck getting them aboard, would some of you try to help them?

I'd like to deal with anything that needs my attention before the Emergence Thread starts. I'd also love to get Greg and John on board before that happens.
Lily is doing her security course and helping out as needed during the jump.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by ateno »

Adrian will assure the gravitic system is working as close to 100% as he can and make a list of spare parts he used so we can possibly purchase them at next stop.

Adrian

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:21 pm OOC: Could I get a summary of your 5th - 7th day in jump from all of you? Here's what I think is going on...1. Hendrick is starting to construct the "part" using the 3d printer; 2. Magda is studying the new jump code while sitting next to the low berth Paris is in; 3. Lily is studying her Security course; 4. Paris is unconscious from her injuries with Tamika watching over her; 5. Everyone else is working resetting systems.
Joxe checks the jump drive and other systems, and repairs what she can as needed before emergence.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Magdalena
Strider
Strider

#27 Post by Magdalena »

They may need to contact the admin directly. Gamersplane works great but I do not get PM’s from it of any kind so the “verify your account” message never showed up.

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#28 Post by bobk2323 »

Tamaki also continues her sensor ops and comm ops studies, while she keeps a close eye on Paris and her low berth. If possible, she'll also set up alarms so that if anything starts to go wrong with either of them, she'll immediately be informed...day or night. She saw enough sickness and death all around her back in her poor neighborhood on Argent, so she will *not* allow death to win yet again!

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Hendrik concentrates on getting the parts needed for the jump drive made, and spends his time studying the code and instructions to go with it, so he understands how it may work. He doesn't really want this to be some sort of opaque "black box" thing.

When not working on this he also continues to pore over whatever logs, sensor and other data we have for the flawed jump entrance, armed with the new info he has for the drive.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:37 pm
Hendrik concentrates on getting the parts needed for the jump drive made, and spends his time studying the code and instructions to go with it, so he understands how it may work. He doesn't really want this to be some sort of opaque "black box" thing.

When not working on this he also continues to pore over whatever logs, sensor and other data we have for the flawed jump entrance, armed with the new info he has for the drive.
Paris remains in a coma.

Joxe and the crew get all the systems fully repaired.

Magda is still trying to get her head around the unfamiliar programs and the theory behind them, and not making much progress.

Lily is doing quite well with her studies.

Hendrick has fabricated all the parts to the "piece of equipment" from the data file. He and Joxe have put it together and can install it onto the "alien jump drive" when they are ready. Adrian and Brent have been helping and group have actually tested the part with some of the diagnostic programs and it appears to regulate the flow of hydrogen through the jump drive in a much more refined way. Hendrick, Joxe, Brent, and Adrian are excited to try this subsystem out. It won't come into play until they jump again, though.

The ship should be emerging from Jump Space in a few hours. If there are any more preparations to be done before that happens, now is the time to make them.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm The ship should be emerging from Jump Space in a few hours. If there are any more preparations to be done before that happens, now is the time to make them.
"Everyone should be strapped into a seat and in a vacc suit when we translate," Joxe suggests.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by bruce.desertrat »

joertexas wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:32 pm
Eris wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:27 pm The ship should be emerging from Jump Space in a few hours. If there are any more preparations to be done before that happens, now is the time to make them.
"Everyone should be strapped into a seat and in a vacc suit when we translate," Joxe suggests.
Hendrik agrees. I think it's a good idea, and I think we shold be dispersed around the ship as well, since the fault on entry seemed to have a distinct vector centered on the J-drive.
Blade.

bobk2323
Tracker
Tracker

#33 Post by bobk2323 »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:29 pm Hendrik agrees. I think it's a good idea, and I think we shold be dispersed around the ship as well, since the fault on entry seemed to have a distinct vector centered on the J-drive.
"So I should just stay here during emergence then?", the petite medic asks from what is almost certainly the medbay.

--
Bob K.
--
Bob K.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by ateno »

"I'll be near the center of the ship, so I can go where someone is needed.'"

Adrian
Last edited by ateno on Fri May 14, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by terrymixon »

Lily will secure herself in her quarters.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Magdalena
Strider
Strider

#36 Post by Magdalena »

Magda heads to her quarters, takes her medication and lays down on her bed. It doesn't take long for her to fall asleep.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by Eris »

The countdown is somewhat tense, but anti-climactic as the ship translates quite smoothly out of Jump Space into Normal. Yes, there is the normal twist in the head, gut, everywhere, but it is brief and light and a couple of deep breathes and everyone...awake...is recovered.

A quick scan of the sensors and everyone relaxes. This is Kurzu, so says the local Traffic Control which is announcing itself on a continuous loop as does the location of the planets in the system. You will need to turn on your transponder ASAP, but which of your transponder codes are you going to use?

The sensors show a lot of traffic around the main world and you'll want to get directions from Traffic Control right away, for safety reasons. You pick up a dozen signatures of ships of all sizes and types.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:34 pm The countdown is somewhat tense, but anti-climactic as the ship translates quite smoothly out of Jump Space into Normal. Yes, there is the normal twist in the head, gut, everywhere, but it is brief and light and a couple of deep breathes and everyone...awake...is recovered.

A quick scan of the sensors and everyone relaxes. This is Kurzu, so says the local Traffic Control which is announcing itself on a continuous loop as does the location of the planets in the system. You will need to turn on your transponder ASAP, but which of your transponder codes are you going to use?

The sensors show a lot of traffic around the main world and you'll want to get directions from Traffic Control right away, for safety reasons. You pick up a dozen signatures of ships of all sizes and types.
Joxe starts her post-emergence checklist, paying even closer attention than usual to the results.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by ateno »

"Unless anyone needs me, I'm gonna take a nap, I'm old and been running hard recently. Wake me if you need me or if we are in approach orbit. If thats alright."

Adrian

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:34 pm The countdown is somewhat tense, but anti-climactic as the ship translates quite smoothly out of Jump Space into Normal. Yes, there is the normal twist in the head, gut, everywhere, but it is brief and light and a couple of deep breathes and everyone...awake...is recovered.

Do we have any clues from Akus journals or other stuff "who" he was when he came here? IAC Hendrik votes 'Not Akus Moby'
Blade.

Return to “Akus Moby (Traveller)”