OOG Discussion

ateno
max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOG Discussion

#141 Post by max_vale »

Hey everyone....sorry for the delay....RL has been kicking my butt.....

I just put up a post as I believe Lorraine was just back on the ship, sleeping (which was the last thing I posted her doing).....if I need to change my post, I will...but she'll rejoin the crew and try to find the missing Dundee

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by Stirling »

During the ride, he looks to Monte and Marco, seeing if they have any comments or suggestions.
To be honest, I am not sure if I can add anything. I do make rolls with my action posts but do not know what result that generates or how it might affect my or our group decisions.

I am not even sure what is going on really or what actions or skills I can use to influence our situation.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#143 Post by ateno »

Sterling
I am not even sure what is going on really or what actions or skills I can use to influence our situation.
Your crewman, Dundee gave a cryptic message that he was being chased by someone and hiding.
Lorraine is checking out and talking to 2 suspects.

The rest of the gang minus Ophelia (whos on the ship) is heading back to the starpot in cabs.

New item:

If you think any of your skill might have a influence on an situation, I am all for that.
I.E.
merchant marine who has service might have been at the starport for areas of interest
tactics on starport on where to approach from.
ecommunication for centralizatied area of emissions.
ETC.

Im open.

Eric

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by joertexas »

During the ride back to the Train, Garett studies the starport and asks herself where she would go if she wanted to hide here.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#145 Post by ateno »

And Bing Gunnar gets a experience point in recon. yes this is important

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by Stirling »

I have pinged Ateno a private message but to let you guys know, I think withdrawing from the game is a sensible decision from myself.

With respects, the setting is great and you all demonstrate a real grasp of the Traveller game, its lore and 'language' which I, as a newbie, have struggled with.

I would like to wish you all many fun and challenging encounters but I think to go forward with Marco as an NPC is the right decision rather than waiting on my tepid posts.

Thank you for the opportunity to play with you all. I had fun generating his character and being immersed in his back story. May I leave Marco with you all to take forwards.

Stirling.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by ateno »

Well Shucks, goodbye for now Sterling.

Ill look for another palyer for MArco.

For now Marco is on the ship

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#148 Post by ateno »

So I lied and am using Marco to move the plot along.

My 'ad' has producded some response.

I have someone that might want to take over Marco.

Also I have a new player that has written up a somewhat older character like Shepard Book from Firefly,
it is the way the dice fell.

Any feeling one way or another? We could say one player to take Marco's spot and keep the number the same or naything else.

Responces??

Eric

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:32 pm So I lied and am using Marco to move the plot along.

My 'ad' has producded some response.

I have someone that might want to take over Marco.

Also I have a new player that has written up a somewhat older character like Shepard Book from Firefly,
it is the way the dice fell.

Any feeling one way or another? We could say one player to take Marco's spot and keep the number the same or naything else.

Responces??

Eric
I'm ok with either scenario :)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

cybersavant
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#150 Post by cybersavant »

both are fine - we'll probably lose someone else down the line
gaming since 1980
cybersavant.proboards.com
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Andreas Larson; Law of the Gun <Boot Hill 3e>
Nah Olos; Earthquakes in the Jotens <AD&D 1e>
Rorexsth; Wayfarers <Doctor Who>

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#151 Post by The Bindoner »

Either, both, it's all good. New blood, and all that.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#152 Post by bsongy »

Good with me.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Hi Everyone

Thanks for not objecting to my joining!

Nevyn Utisz (age:46) is currently a member of the "Community of Peace" sect and has been recently working as a community worker to "Help the Poor", but has historically been both a soldier and then a worker in a (redacted) Government Agency.

n.b. He receives a pension from "K.K. Ltd." and gets regular high-class travel tickets from the local equivalent of TAS, so he isn't broke.

P.S. My new character seeks background connections to this group.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by The Bindoner »

Hi BwT, welcome in.

My character (Monte: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 46#p571446) is a member of "TAS", so there's a potential connection there. It looks like he was granted admission in his Term 4.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by BackworldTraveller »

The Bindoner wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:36 pm Hi BwT, welcome in.

My character (Monte: https://www.unseenservant.us/forum/view ... 46#p571446) is a member of "TAS", so there's a potential connection there. It looks like he was granted admission in his Term 4.
That would be a good link...Not sure why a project worker would have sponsored a naval NCO. Maybe one of your parents was a sponsor of my project...Quid pro quo...You got TAS membership, the project got a grant to continue?

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by The Bindoner »

Monte was a commissioned officer, Commander in the Engineer/Gunnery division, rather than an NCO. And quite a social climber - he got +4 Soc from Mustering Out benefits.

Arranging funding in return for membership sounds very Monte. His parents are nobody, so he'd have tapped a Navy funding source . In term 4 Monte had "Navy Event: You foil an attempted crime on board, such as mutiny, sabotage, smuggling or conspiracy. Gain an Enemy, but also gain DM+2 to your next Advancement roll in the Navy. ". Perhaps the crime was to do with corruption in contracts, and Monte had the contract transferred to the Community?

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#157 Post by ateno »

I have no problem with any of this, thanks for working it out guys!

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by BackworldTraveller »

The Bindoner wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:57 pm Monte was a commissioned officer, Commander in the Engineer/Gunnery division, rather than an NCO. And quite a social climber - he got +4 Soc from Mustering Out benefits.

Arranging funding in return for membership sounds very Monte. His parents are nobody, so he'd have tapped a Navy funding source . In term 4 Monte had "Navy Event: You foil an attempted crime on board, such as mutiny, sabotage, smuggling or conspiracy. Gain an Enemy, but also gain DM+2 to your next Advancement roll in the Navy. ". Perhaps the crime was to do with corruption in contracts, and Monte had the contract transferred to the Community?
OK - So maybe the conspiracy would have implicated the TAS board or something...quietly organised both your membership and project funding in exchange for a complete lack of connecting evidence?

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#159 Post by ateno »

Im really sorry for the delay, respiratory problems for over a week.

The stuffed head does not allow much creativity.

Please hold on!

Eric

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by The Bindoner »

You have my sympathy.

Get well soon, but take your time - trying to do more before you're ready can set you back.

Also:

Turns out I had an unsubmitted post in this thread:
OK - So maybe the conspiracy would have implicated the TAS board or something...quietly organised both your membership and project funding in exchange for a complete lack of connecting evidence?

I don't think Monte would cover up corruption. He's a pretty straight guy. Perhaps the corrupt officer was also stealing from/overcharging the TAS?

Return to “Koninkrijk - Adventures in a Pocket Empire (Mongoose Traveller)”