OOG Discussion

ateno
Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOG Discussion

#121 Post by Stirling »

Due to a vacation to a remote area, I will be away from computer and phone access, until 27 August. For that reason, Hiro will take the following uncharacteristic action, to avoid holding up the game...
Not a problem for me. I will post for Marco depending on what information he collects.

bsongy
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#122 Post by bsongy »

I am returned from vacation. Thamks for your patience.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#123 Post by ateno »

With the closure of this chapter I will hand out experiene points.

Hiro: Leader

Gunnar: Mech

Marco: Recon

Monte: Grav

Garett: Computer

The above 5 may also pick out a second skill for a experience point with my approval, please pm me your choice.

Our new player receives:

Lorraine: Energy rifle

More next time

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Stirling »

Marco

Probably used Pilot (space craft) as the next most used skill so I would invest in that.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by ateno »

Stirling wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:19 pm Marco

Probably used Pilot (space craft) as the next most used skill so I would invest in that.
Done!

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#126 Post by ateno »

Congratulations to Gunner for advancing Mech - 0 to Mech - 1

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by max_vale »

Hello all.....

So as a complete Traveller newbie, I gotta say I really have a hard time getting a 'handle' on the Universe....I MUCH prefer to run in games where the world is well establish, i.e. 'Star Wars' or 'Firefly' or 'Middle Earth' or 'the Old West', etc., etc. so I apologize for not being able to contribute much......these 'sandboxy' universes have never really been my thing (and I fully realize I am just about ALONE on that score....like my love of brown-eyed brunettes! :) )......

Also, Lorraine is definitely the 'guns and intimidate/wheel-n'-deal type'....so a lot of the time, I really don't know how to 'pitch in'.....I don't have a scientific or engineering kind of brain, so apologies as a lot of 'hard sci-fi' is way over my head and thanks for the patience! I will certainly do my best to try and have a 'game impact'!

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#128 Post by ateno »

As I said anyone that wants to use any skill to increase the chances of what they are doing; make the roll and tell me how.

As example, trying to get in with the engineers of one of the ships, roll your engineering skill to get in.

I’ll be watching the the board for questions.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by joertexas »

max_vale wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:02 pm Hello all.....

So as a complete Traveller newbie, I gotta say I really have a hard time getting a 'handle' on the Universe....I MUCH prefer to run in games where the world is well establish, i.e. 'Star Wars' or 'Firefly' or 'Middle Earth' or 'the Old West', etc., etc. so I apologize for not being able to contribute much......these 'sandboxy' universes have never really been my thing (and I fully realize I am just about ALONE on that score....like my love of brown-eyed brunettes! :) )......

Also, Lorraine is definitely the 'guns and intimidate/wheel-n'-deal type'....so a lot of the time, I really don't know how to 'pitch in'.....I don't have a scientific or engineering kind of brain, so apologies as a lot of 'hard sci-fi' is way over my head and thanks for the patience! I will certainly do my best to try and have a 'game impact'!
No, you're hardly alone. I've been learning how to expand my characters past their niche, and it isn't easy. One good aspect of smaller areas is the ability to make a larger impact with a successful character. Vanishingly few people would be able to shape events in the Imperium, for example. A smaller polity, well, there's a chance. Most of what we're doing is simply interaction with others, and those rules are pretty much universal.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#130 Post by ateno »

Hey people, your GM will be on vacation, I won't be able to respond and move the game forward. Let's get posts from every body for when I return.

I might be able to respond to questions I'd any, I will be off till the 22nd.

Your gm, Eric

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#131 Post by ateno »

I'm back, I will attempt to respond before the wekend!

Eric

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#132 Post by ateno »

Hey Gamers

I am going to be looking at the pace and directon of the game in the next coulple days,

Let me know

How do you like the pace and direction?

Do you want more fighting, diplomacy, illegal stuff?

I have a habit of trying to provide a rich background of flavor and choices, some can find it a morass.

Do you wnat the game more stramlined?

Let me know.

Eric

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#133 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:04 am Hey Gamers

I am going to be looking at the pace and directon of the game in the next coulple days,

Let me know

How do you like the pace and direction?

Do you want more fighting, diplomacy, illegal stuff?

I have a habit of trying to provide a rich background of flavor and choices, some can find it a morass.

Do you wnat the game more stramlined?

Let me know.

Eric
I think it's fine - I'm still getting Garett settled in...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by max_vale »

I’m so sorry, but I’m completely lost as to what I’m supposed to be doing. I’m a rare gamer that MUCH prefers goal oriented “mission” kind of adventures vice ‘sandbox’, go wherever kind of adventures that apparently everyone else loves.

I may be the only one, but I’d really prefer much more focused missions.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by joertexas »

max_vale wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:02 am I’m so sorry, but I’m completely lost as to what I’m supposed to be doing. I’m a rare gamer that MUCH prefers goal oriented “mission” kind of adventures vice ‘sandbox’, go wherever kind of adventures that apparently everyone else loves.

I may be the only one, but I’d really prefer much more focused missions.
I'd be willing to bet that our GM can cobble up one of those in short order...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by The Bindoner »

While I'm fine with a sandbox, I won't object to a defined mission. I'm pretty confident, from the game so far, that there won't be any railroading. Plenty of space for us to foul things up in, I should think :D

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by joertexas »

The Bindoner wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:17 pm While I'm fine with a sandbox, I won't object to a defined mission. I'm pretty confident, from the game so far, that there won't be any railroading. Plenty of space for us to foul things up in, I should think :D
I'm an expert in totally screwing things up.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Stirling »

I think I echoed much of Max's sentiments in a private message to Ateno earlier.

It is about how my character fits in and has a defined role, how does he influence the team positively? What can he achieve personally? How do I contribute to achieve a common goal?

Anyway, I will post some character action and rolls and see what develops. I think having more defined objectives and challenges will give us more to focus on and apply our individual skills to.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#139 Post by ateno »

Sorry guys, I had a fuill Monday a nd a suprise state inspection today.

I hope to post tomorrow morning.

Eric

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#140 Post by ateno »

Sorry, I dont have time today, I will post tomorrow!

Eric

Return to “Koninkrijk - Adventures in a Pocket Empire (Mongoose Traveller)”