Out of Game Chatter

Eris
terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Out of Game Chatter

#41 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:49 pm Folks, my Mom died yesterday.

I'm going to put the game on pause until the first of August so I can deal with the things I need to deal with. Hopefully, I'll have the time and the mind to pick things up then. Take care and don't despair!
Hugs.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

Into the Marches: Emily Green, 566997, 34, LCDR Imperial Navy, 4 terms.
Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Akus Moby: Lily Stone, 897CB3, 42, Marine Gunnery Sergeant, 6 terms.
Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1
14,000 cr, 1 High Passage

Magdalena
Strider
Strider

#42 Post by Magdalena »

Sorry to hear this Eris, take as long as you need.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Eris »

Thanks for the condolences and patience, everyone.

It's a slog on my end to try to get everything "in order". I had her power of attorney and had gotten some things done prior to Mom's passing, but there is still a lot that needs doing. I got the house and property deed's changed and have my name on her main bank account and on some of the utilities, but didn't get them all done. There is still one bank account that was in her name only, and I have to do something about house insurance now that she is dead and I'm the owner. I also have to deal with stopping her pension/ss/medicare and payments to insurance carriers. There are several utilities that have her name on the accounts, although I've been paying them for years now, those have to be fixed.

I couldn't do much more until I had the death certificates, but now that I have them I can start. However with Covid (counties here have 33% to 36% vaccination rates and over 30% of tests are coming back positive, so this is one of hot spots you hear about) I really don't want to go to offices and do this in person. I'm going to have to do that, though.

I said first of August. It's going to be a bit longer than that before I'm really back to the games. Expect a slow start this week with maybe only one IG post, hopefully I can pick up the momentum over the next couple of weeks and get us moving better again by then.

Please, continue to bear with me.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by ateno »

I might be out of communication starting tomorrow, we are right near the path of hurricane Henri. We cleaned our gutters and put everything in our garage. Please NPC as needed, see you on the other side. Eric

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Eris »

Once you finish the changes to the engine and software are you going to try for a Jump 3 from Kurzu to UE-4? In your current mission, Jump 3 would certainly cut down on the jumps you need to make. Jump 3 from Kurzu to UE-4, Jump 3 from UE-4 to Dyan, Jump 1 to Morvana to make your delivery.

You discover that UE-4 is known to the locals there as Spectra, but you have almost no data on it. From radio transmissions, and a very few visits by J2 ships over the last few years it has been learned that the locals there call it Spectra, they have 8 technology and a couple of old J1 ships and they don't talk about how they got them to "outsiders." They can't get to any systems other than UE-3 with there ships, which they call Joban. BTW, it appears NO ONE from the Confederacy, Mark, or Montrose has ever visited UE-3. Those 2 systems are quite cut off. Like Osbeorht on the other side of Mark, you might be able to arrange a good "trade agreement" with Spectra if you made regular stops there. Especially if you brought in higher tech items and information.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#46 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:15 pm Once you finish the changes to the engine and software are you going to try for a Jump 3 from Kurzu to UE-4? In your current mission, Jump 3 would certainly cut down on the jumps you need to make. Jump 3 from Kurzu to UE-4, Jump 3 from UE-4 to Dyan, Jump 1 to Morvana to make your delivery.

You discover that UE-4 is known to the locals there as Spectra, but you have almost no data on it. From radio transmissions, and a very few visits by J2 ships over the last few years it has been learned that the locals there call it Spectra, they have 8 technology and a couple of old J1 ships and they don't talk about how they got them to "outsiders." They can't get to any systems other than UE-3 with there ships, which they call Joban. BTW, it appears NO ONE from the Confederacy, Mark, or Montrose has ever visited UE-3. Those 2 systems are quite cut off. Like Osbeorht on the other side of Mark, you might be able to arrange a good "trade agreement" with Spectra if you made regular stops there. Especially if you brought in higher tech items and information.
That could be fun.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

Foil-1, Engineering-2, Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, SMG-1, Ships Boat-1, Vacc Suit-1
16,000 cr, Travellers' Aid Society, MCG medal (good for free beers in many bars), Letter of Introduction

Silverband: Des Karst, 3rd Level Fighter, Two-Handed Axe, 6' 6", long red hair in a warrior's braid.

Skills: Gambling-6, Streetwise-4, Brawling-3, Combat Rifleman-3, Pistol-3, Battledress-1, Dagger-1, Grav Vehicle-1 (Air/Raft group), Survival-1

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by Eris »

terrymixon wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:22 pm
Eris wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:15 pm Once you finish the changes to the engine and software are you going to try for a Jump 3 from Kurzu to UE-4? In your current mission, Jump 3 would certainly cut down on the jumps you need to make. Jump 3 from Kurzu to UE-4, Jump 3 from UE-4 to Dyan, Jump 1 to Morvana to make your delivery.

You discover that UE-4 is known to the locals there as Spectra, but you have almost no data on it. From radio transmissions, and a very few visits by J2 ships over the last few years it has been learned that the locals there call it Spectra, they have 8 technology and a couple of old J1 ships and they don't talk about how they got them to "outsiders." They can't get to any systems other than UE-3, which they call Joban, with their ships. BTW, it appears NO ONE from the Confederacy, Mark, or Montrose has ever visited UE-3. Those 2 systems are quite cut off. Like Osbeorht on the other side of Mark, you might be able to arrange a good "trade agreement" with Spectra if you made regular stops there. Especially if you brought in higher tech items and information.
That could be fun.
Yep, and you're going to jump to Spectra on your way to to Morvana if you use your J3 drive system/software. You know you should try it out at some point. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

New Player(s)?

#48 Post by Eris »

Guys, with John, Greg, ?Matt?, and others gone, it might be time to open Akus Moby up to a few new players.

Let's get a list of who is here now and their roles in the game:

1. JR - Joxe - Engineer
2. Terry - Lily - Security
3. Bob - Tamika - Doctor
4. Bruce - Hendrik - Navigator/Historian
5. Derek - Magda - Computers
6. ateno - Adrian - Hunter/?Gunner?
7. JR - Brent(NPC) - Pilot

I think that's it. Am I missing anyone, or anyone's roles in the crew?

Looking at the crew, you are missing characters to handle these roles: Steward, Broker/Trader, 2nd Engineer, and probably a Gunner for ships' weapons. I would say you're missing a Pilot, too, but with Joxe and Brent's marriage it's hard to drop Brent, so maybe add a Pilot and reduce Brent's role is the way to go.

However!!!!! I'm not going to open the game up to new players unless those still here vote to do it.

If you vote to not add players, then the existing players need to decide who and how you are going to cover the missing roles. If you don't add anyone, some of you are going to have to cover more "roles", acting as Steward, Broker/Trader, secondary Engineer, Gunner, Pilot, etc. Yes, I am okay with adding a skill or two to existing PC's to help cover the missing roles if that's what you want to do.

Input from you all is requested.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: New Player(s)?

#49 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:39 pm Guys, with John, Greg, ?Matt?, and others gone, it might be time to open Akus Moby up to a few new players.

1. JR - Joxe - Engineer
3. Bob - Tamika - Doctor

Looking at the crew, you are missing characters to handle these roles: Steward, Broker/Trader, 2nd Engineer, and probably a Gunner for ships' weapons. I would say you're missing a Pilot, too, but with Joxe and Brent's marriage it's hard to drop Brent, so maybe add a Pilot and reduce Brent's role is the way to go.

However!!!!! I'm not going to open the game up to new players unless those still here vote to do it.

If you vote to not add players, then the existing players need to decide who and how you are going to cover the missing roles. If you don't add anyone, some of you are going to have to cover more "roles", acting as Steward, Broker/Trader, secondary Engineer, Gunner, Pilot, etc. Yes, I am okay with adding a skill or two to existing PC's to help cover the missing roles if that's what you want to do.

I don't have a problem with adding players.

Joxe can probably use her JOT and Streetwise skills to cover trading and being a steward, if that helps.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by terrymixon »

Eris wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:19 pm
terrymixon wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:22 pm

You discover that UE-4 is known to the locals there as Spectra, but you have almost no data on it. From radio transmissions, and a very few visits by J2 ships over the last few years it has been learned that the locals there call it Spectra, they have 8 technology and a couple of old J1 ships and they don't talk about how they got them to "outsiders." They can't get to any systems other than UE-3, which they call Joban, with their ships. BTW, it appears NO ONE from the Confederacy, Mark, or Montrose has ever visited UE-3. Those 2 systems are quite cut off. Like Osbeorht on the other side of Mark, you might be able to arrange a good "trade agreement" with Spectra if you made regular stops there. Especially if you brought in higher tech items and information.
That could be fun.
Yep, and you're going to jump to Spectra on your way to to Morvana if you use your J3 drive system/software. You know you should try it out at some point. :)
OOC: What could POSSIBLY go wrong? ;)

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#51 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:46 pm
Eris wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:39 pm Guys, with John, Greg, ?Matt?, and others gone, it might be time to open Akus Moby up to a few new players.

1. JR - Joxe - Engineer
3. Bob - Tamika - Doctor

I don't have a problem with adding players.

Joxe can probably use her JOT and Streetwise skills to cover trading and being a steward, if that helps.
If you want to add some kind of gunnery to Lily, then she can be the additional gunner. I'm also fine with more players.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by Eris »

Eris wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:39 pm

I was hoping to get more input from you guys! So far only Terry and JR have responded, not a quorum.

Okay, here's what I'm thinking for now. (Note: I don't like taking on a lot of NPC roles, but...<shrug>)
  • Joxe adding Trade 1 and Steward 1 and taking over those roles while keeping her Chief Engineer role.
  • Lily adding Gunnery 1 and keeping her Security role.
  • Me taking over Brent (but I'd prefer someone else to be Captain, don't like having NPC Captains) who remains Pilot.
  • Me continuing NPCing Tres as Second Engineer (he'll stay aboard while Joxe can be off Trading/Adventuring).

These last three are I hope you'll do it...

• Henrick adds Sensors 1 and takes on the Sensor/Comm role while keeping his Navigator role.
  • Magda adds Sensors 1, backing up Hendrik there, and takes over the Ship's Computer Operator role.
  • Adrian adds Pilot 1 (he has Ship's Boat now) and backs up Brent.
If we do this here's what we have:
Pilot - Brent(npc), Adrian(ateno)
Navigator - Hendrik(Bruce), ???
Engineer - Joxe(JR), Tres(npc)
Sensors/Com - Hendrik(Bruce), Magda(Derek)
Computer - Magda(Derek)
Security - Lily(Terry), ??? <---Eric, could Adrian help here?
Gunner - Lily(Terry), ??? <---Might not need another
Trader - Joxe(JR), ???<----I think Hendrik would be good here, Bruce?
Steward - Joxe,(JR) ??? <---Terry would you help out here?
Medic - Joxe(JR)

I see that Joxe has 4 roles, that's a lot, but if JR is okay with that and the rest of you are okay with that, then I am, too. Otherwise, talk it over and decided what we do.

You also need to pick a Captain to represent the ship to Authorities you will be running into!!!
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:31 pm
You also need to pick a Captain to represent the ship to Authorities you will be running into!!!
I think either Adrian or Hendrik would be good captains.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#54 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:56 pm
I think either Adrian or Hendrik would be good captains.
Concur.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#55 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:39 pm

I was hoping to get more input from you guys! So far only Terry and JR have responded, not a quorum.

Okay, here's what I'm thinking for now. (Note: I don't like taking on a lot of NPC roles, but...<shrug>)
  • Joxe adding Trade 1 and Steward 1 and taking over those roles while keeping her Chief Engineer role.
  • Lily adding Gunnery 1 and keeping her Security role.
  • Me taking over Brent (but I'd prefer someone else to be Captain, don't like having NPC Captains) who remains Pilot.
  • Me continuing NPCing Tres as Second Engineer (he'll stay aboard while Joxe can be off Trading/Adventuring).

These last three are I hope you'll do it...

• Henrick adds Sensors 1 and takes on the Sensor/Comm role while keeping his Navigator role.
  • Magda adds Sensors 1, backing up Hendrik there, and takes over the Ship's Computer Operator role.
  • Adrian adds Pilot 1 (he has Ship's Boat now) and backs up Brent.
If we do this here's what we have:
Pilot - Brent(npc), Adrian(ateno)
Navigator - Hendrik(Bruce), ???
Engineer - Joxe(JR), Tres(npc)
Sensors/Com - Hendrik(Bruce), Magda(Derek)
Computer - Magda(Derek)
Security - Lily(Terry), ??? <---Eric, could Adrian help here?
Gunner - Lily(Terry), ??? <---Might not need another
Trader - Joxe(JR), ???<----I think Hendrik would be good here, Bruce?
Steward - Joxe,(JR) ??? <---Terry would you help out here?
Medic - Joxe(JR)

I see that Joxe has 4 roles, that's a lot, but if JR is okay with that and the rest of you are okay with that, then I am, too. Otherwise, talk it over and decided what we do.

Hendrik is fine with this and nominates Adrian for Captain.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#56 Post by bruce.desertrat »

bruce.desertrat wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:35 am Hendrik is fine with this and nominates Adrian for Captain.
I"m also fine with getting new players.
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by Eris »

Greg Smith is trying, again, to get registered on Unseen Servant. He tried when we moved over, but for whatever reason, could never get the site to let him register. I sent him a post/document with detailed instructions on registering here. I hope it works this time!!

Here is that document.

Do you think I should suggest something like this be added to the How To... thread of the Help and Support Forum?

Eris

ps. If we could get John Sanchez interested in playing again that would be great, too! Oh, and what has happened to Derek, he hasn't posted in a long time.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:25 am Greg Smith is trying, again, to get registered on Unseen Servant. He tried when we moved over, but for whatever reason, could never get the site to let him register. I sent him a post/document with detailed instructions on registering here. I hope it works this time!!

ps. If we could get John Sanchez interested in playing again that would be great, too! Oh, and what has happened to Derek, he hasn't posted in a long time.
It would be great to have the three of them back again :D
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by ateno »

Adrian might be a bit laid back for captain, but if elected, will serve.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by joertexas »

ateno wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:37 pm Adrian might be a bit laid back for captain, but if elected, will serve.
He has Joxe's vote :D
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “Akus Moby (Traveller)”