2. Smears on the Turbine (action)

tibbius
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 2. Smears on the Turbine (action)

#81 Post by shaidar »

Conner raises an eyebrow

"Really, that's interesting. I need to persaude him to meet me off the record and face to face. I'm not going to try and explain this over the phone. On the off chance he does contact you again could you try and persuade him to contact me through my brother?"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by tibbius »

"Yes, that's ok. Thank you for offering to help contain this problem. I'm a little old for dealing with it. Now finish your chicken!"

We can cut scene now to wherever / whenever you want Conner to be next.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by shaidar »

Conner makes small talk over dinner, and promises to keep Mrs. Johnson in the loop, giving her his business card.

He heads home and spends the rest of the evening practising on his guitar to help him relax before going to bed.

He's up bright and early the next day and heads into work. Around 9am he tries calling Agent Blake on the burner phone.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#84 Post by tibbius »

Agent Blake answers the phone with a tired voice. "Agent Blake, New Haven Office, can I help you?"
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by shaidar »

Conner

Agent. It's Michael Peters. I really need to speak to you face-to-face about Mr Compton's death, but absolutely off the record. I need your help and you need mine.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by tibbius »

"Let me see if I can get someone to see you. I guess you don't want to meet at the office?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by shaidar »

Conner

"Agent Blake, it is you I need to speak to. I've made it clear that I only want to speak face to face. I thought you would want to help Donte get away from the influence of Magout. If you don't then just tell me and I won't bother you again"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by tibbius »

"What do you know about Magout?" The agent's voice is suddenly alert and forceful. Conner gets the sense that the man just sat up and leaned forward in his chair. "How do you know Edward Compton?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by shaidar »

Conner

"I finally have your attention. I see the feds are working to their usual high standard. Compton didn't stand a chance. I will tell you when we meet face-to-face. I am not willing, at this point, to make any of this official until we talk first"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by tibbius »

"Ahhh ... screw it. I'm getting lunch down at Long Wharf. Can you meet me at Sultan Kebab at 11:45?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by shaidar »

Conner

"Sure, how will I know it's you? I mean apart from the I'm a fed vibe you guys give off."

I've just remembered that his personality is described as 'dry', so I'm trying to work in some dry (no too sarcastic) comments. Let me know if I'm laying it on too thick.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#92 Post by tibbius »

"I'm a dark-haired Polack, about six feet tall, girls say I look like a skinny and younger Brad Pitt. I'm wearing a grey suit with a yellow tie. What do you look like?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by shaidar »

Conner

"Don't worry agent, from that discription I'll find you. See you at 11:45" he hangs up, turns off the phone and removes the battery and sim card.

He lets Mr Woodgreen know he'll be off chasing up that Fed connection later.

I assume he's familiar with Long Wharf? Is Sultan Kebab a restaurant or a food cart? He plans to arrive around 11 and find a spot with good visibility so he can watch agent Blake arrive.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#94 Post by tibbius »

Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by shaidar »

Conner arrives around 11, grabs a coffee and tries to find a bench that gives him visibility of the serving hatch of the food truck. He settles down to wait for Agent Blake, trying to look inconspicuous and looking to see if Blake brought friends.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by tibbius »

Blake shows up alone. He's tall, dark, not recognizably Polish but kinda Slavic looking. He walks up to the kebab truck.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by shaidar »

Conner waits for the agent to start to order something, then bins his coffee cup and joins the queue (if there is one). When his turn comes he orders the babagannoush wrap.

He takes a bite of his wrap and casually looks around to see where the agent has gone.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#98 Post by tibbius »

The agent is walking across the parking lot to a bench, slowly, looking around.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by shaidar »

Conner waits for Blake to sit and decides to bite the bullet. He wanders over and sits next to him

"You've good taste in food, agent Blake"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#100 Post by tibbius »

Blake leans back a little, stretches his shoulders. "Edward Compton seemed like a really nice guy," he says. "I feel terrible that things happened like they did. How did you know him?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “New Haven? (Fair Ones)”