Off Duty #4 (OOC)

Bluehorse

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: Off Duty #4 (OOC)

#442 Post by Scott308 »

I'm at Gary Con, so likely won't have time to post until at least Sunday night
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#443 Post by Rex »

Enjoy!

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#444 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Have fun. Go in spirit for me too! ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308

#445 Post by Scott308 »

There were two sessions of Ghostbusters scheduled, both of which filled so I was unable to play in person. But I did get to play in some new games and had lots of fun!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#446 Post by Rex »

That is excellent. Perhaps some day I will make it to a convention.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#447 Post by Bluehorse »

One day I need to try to go to a con just to see what they are like. I hear the good the bad and the ugly, but like anything else a man needs to see for themselves. I think it would have been neat to see a GB game! Hope you had fun.

Scott308

#448 Post by Scott308 »

I know Wisconsin isn't close to you guys, but we have a couple great cons here- Gary Con in March, and Gamehole in Madison in October. Ogre Mage and his wife, Hotgoblin, attend both, I always hit Gamehole and sometimes Gary Con. I definitely want to get back next year. Chubby Pixie also usually attends both.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#449 Post by Rex »

Perhaps someday I will make it to a convention. It does look like fun, but I grow less fond of traveling by plane every year and I have driven and taken the bus to Wisconsin before and it is a long ride from here.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#450 Post by Urson »

I've only been to Who's-Yer-Con, which is in Indianapolis (about 45 min away). This last weekend was the first they've had since the start of the Covid Circus. I've been attending for 6-7 years. It's a lot of fun for me, and gives me a chance to hang out with other rabid gamers. I've never been to Gen Con- even tho it's held in Indianapolis,too. I've heard from a number of people at WYC that it's too big, too crowded, too expensive, and waaay too commercial. I dunno.
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#451 Post by Rex »

Maybe Montreal has one. That is the closest real city to me. It is 45 minutes from me, but the border can make it longer sometimes.

Scott308

#452 Post by Scott308 »

Urson wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:46 pm I've only been to Who's-Yer-Con, which is in Indianapolis (about 45 min away).
Have you played any games run by the You Too Can Cthulhu group? That's their home con. I've played a number of their games at Gamehole and Gary Con. They put on excellent Cthulhu games; I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#453 Post by Urson »

I've seen the You Too.. people several times, but there's always been schedule conflicts between their sessions and other games I want to play. I haven't given up on them, yet.
FA FO

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#454 Post by Urson »

As for plans: I'd suggest we hit the bigger building first. Proton Packs and Ghost traps all around. Start with Kindle's infested cross- a containment field around it, ready to trap. Find Julia, get her out. Trap the cross- or the demon, if we can separate them- then bug out.
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#455 Post by Rex »

Sounds like a good plan.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#456 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I thought the plan was there is no plan.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#457 Post by Urson »

LOL
FA FO

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#458 Post by Rex »

That is the usual plan, but we are switching it up. LOL

Scott308

#460 Post by Scott308 »

I like this plan.

Return to “Ghostbusters RPG”