MISSION 02: The Jiaguwen Sterilisation

Faanku
thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: MISSION 02: The Jiaguwen Sterilisation

#21 Post by thenewflesh »

"Ok, Hyun. I'm going to need you to break this down for me." Salome says. "What lenses? What what was wrong with them?"

She listens to Hyun. She liked this guy, but he always spoke a little too fast, like he was trying to impress her. When he finishes, she asks a followup question:

"Hey, do you have any access to information on the Jiaguwen facility? You know, like floorplans, employee lists, things like that?"

The guy fucking up the court case is Svetozar Botvinnik, one of Nozdraviye's head lawyers, and his crack team of paralegal goons. Fenghuang, who owns Jiaguwen, is pissed.

I think what he can give me is [intel].

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Enoch »

I'm not sure where we are right now- it looks like there are some outstanding questions to answer. If we're ready for another Legwork move, though, I'm happy to hack a system.

It looks like we should have the location of the facility based on Sung-Ho's test. What else do we need? I wasn't able to get the location of their Matrix node, so I can't hack their network yet. Maybe I can look for hiring records to determine the opposition, or hack the Public Records Office and look for architectural diagrams (and of course we know they haven't made any alterations...right?)
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Faanku »

Enoch wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:38 pmI'm not sure where we are right now-
I was hoping to get some clarification here
Faanku wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:39 pm
StephenTarheel wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:33 pmso we get a location and an intel?
I assume this was a Research Move? If so you can ask "Where would I find the Jiaguwen Facility?" and also take an [intel].
I can't see your roll in the campaign list though, did you add your character properly?
before moving on, but I'll post now to avoid stalling for too long.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by Faanku »

Sung-ho flips through his notes, trying to place why Jiaguwen sounded so familiar, and then he realises that their facility came up in a story he worked on several months ago. Fortunately for the team, the location of their main server and supposedly their primary production facility was also committed to the reporter's digital memory; assuming they haven't relocated since the end of last year, he will be able to lead the team straight there...

Meanwhile, Salome gets the full story from Hyun Suk:
Jiaguwen's operations in Rason City are owned in part by Fenghuang, who came to an agreement with the Chinese Group after their perceived attempt to muscle in on the cybernetics giant's turf. Over the last few months, the partnership had become incredibly lucrative and had drawn the attention of several other big corps, including Nozdraviye. The court case against Jiaguwen was entirely orchestrated by a man named Svetozar Botvinnik, who holds an almost legendary status in the Korean corporate courtrooms; the case was framed as a public service by Nozdraviye, to protect innocent citizens from subpar cybernetics, and thoughSvetozar was meticulous in avoiding linking Jiaguwen to Fenghuang publicly, but those in the know know this was a calculated warning against Juan Zhang's operations.

Hyun Suk drops a few more interesting tidbits that Salome makes a note of, but the killer soon takes her leave.

What do you do?

Sorry for the delay. You now know where the Jiaguwen main complex is, which should also contain the main server.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by Enoch »

Dokkaebi downloads the Jiaguwen complex address to his deck and does a simple map search. He raps on the rear window of the food truck. "Hey, guys, I'm going to see if I can pull up a floorplan for that building. They must have filed architectural diagrams with the Rason City Council. Dunno how accurate they'll be, though."

I'd like to Jack In (which gains me access to Matrix moves) and Login to whatever governmental department would hold architectural plans.

Login: [2d6+2]=11+2=13 I'm in clean.
Assuming this is considered a secured system (I assume it is, and there's not a publicly-accessible database of floorplans), I can use Console Cowboy.

Console Cowboy: [2d6+1]=8+1=9 I gain 1 Hold.

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by thenewflesh »

"Hyun, you have been most helpful. Thanks so much. We'll get lunch sometime. Let me know."

And like that Salome is gone, a spectre leaving the coffins.

"Ok, Dokkaebi. I have some info too." she comms, and quickly sends a sparksnotes of her conversation with Hyun Suk.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by Faanku »

Enoch wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:30 pmAssuming this is considered a secured system (I assume it is, and there's not a publicly-accessible database of floorplans), I can use Console Cowboy.[/ooc]
You have access to the Rason Civic Database, go ahead and make your next move.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by Enoch »

thenewflesh wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:38 am "Ok, Dokkaebi. I have some info too." she comms, and quickly sends a sparksnotes of her conversation with Hyun Suk.
Dokkaebi's avatar appears almost instantly on Salome's pad. "Thanks, Salome. I'll see if I can dig up some floorplans."

I'm going to Research in the Database. Research [2d6+1]=5+1=6

Well, that's not a great roll, but I get to ask a question anyway: How secure is the Jiaguwen facility?

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Faanku »

The hacker enters a digital version of the Rason City Civic Department's main building, albeit an impossibly clean and subtly patriotic replica. His matrix avatar strides through the hallways and corridors with purpose, led by flashing green lights only visible to him, and not a soul pays him any mind until he reaches his destination. Placing a virtual hand on the doorway representing the corporate floorplans registry, an oversized security camera appears in the ceiling above him with an obvious red light meant to signal that its recording, and a voice in crisp Korean speaks out. "Warning, unauthorised access. Please remain calm whilst your intent is verified by security."

Ignoring the command, the intruder begins to rifle through records as quickly as he can.

Dokkaebi has triggered Red ICE, which ran two routines on his failed move: Trigger an Alarm, and Trace an Intruder's Location.
You can spend your Hold from Console Cowboy to negate one of these, or let them both pass.

The answer to your question is "adequately." There are a few lightly armed security guards on each floor of the facility, with a more heavily armed and armoured team at the security centre on the ground floor. The building's camera and surveillance system is state-of-the-art, however, and any hint of an attack will prompt a response team from Fenghuang be deployed to the site. Said team would be far more deadly.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by Enoch »

I'll spend the Hold to block the Trigger the Alarm.

Working feverishly, Dokkaebi overrides the active alert system. His avatar giggles and hops toward a realistic-looking portrait of some-leader-or-another and pulls one edge away as it pivots like a door. Behind it is a control panel, which his avatar's claws rend to shreds as the alarm ceases.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by Faanku »

The hacker finds what he needs, supplying the team with floorplans for the Jiaguwen Lab. Several floors above ground and one larger basement floor, each lightly guarded but overseen by a state-of-the-art surveillance system; exactly what you'd expect from an optics corp. The rub is that they are in bed with Fenghuang; with the element of surprise you will easily be able to handle the lighter top floor security, and perhaps even the heavier response team on the basement floor, but once Fenghuang's team arrives from their nearest facility you will want to be as far away from the Jiaguwen Lab as humanly possible - maybe even further.

What do you do?

Return to “Neon Shadows (PbtA: The Sprawl)”