OOC

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOC

#41 Post by tibbius »

Ah, Marullus, that's too bad! I was having fun with your writing and your character. But I can understand time commitments shifting.

Shaidar, yes let's try to recruit someone - preferably also connected to Donte.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by shaidar »

I've been thinking of some way to track down Jamilia's other grandmothers, but it depends on what information is available to the public. If I can get Jamilia's surname from Thomas then I can find her birth certificate, which will hopefully list her parents, I can then track down their marriage and birth certificates, providing the name of the grandparents. Then I would need to able to locate their addresses from their names. How possible is all that in the US?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by tibbius »

As a paralegal in a law firm, Conner might be able to access LexisNexis People Search, which gives an alarming level of insight into peoples' personal and professional connections, finances, and location histories. Tracking down Donte might be work related; it's hard to tell at this stage. Conner knows Jamilia's last name - Carter - which probably is the name of the grandmother she lives with. Were either of Jamilia's parents or her other grandmother at her birthday party? Roll to find out.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by shaidar »

Here's a question, thinking ahead:

I'm assuming a spirit won't be seen by a human unless they want to be. Is there a way to see them even if they don't want to be. Does it vary by spirit? Would knowledge of this be the sprit skill or another?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by tibbius »

Typically people with the Sight can notice spirits even if they don't see them. Spirits can become visible and audible to sighted people for their own reasons or if they're commanded to do so.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by shaidar »

How are they commanded? Is it just a case of knowing their true name?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by tibbius »

Yes.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by shaidar »

This might seem like an odd question, but can Euterpe read english? I'm thinking of ways to proving to agent blake she exists without having her appear, at least for now.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by tibbius »

well ... let's see about that: can Euterpe read English (5,6 yes) [1d6]=2.

No.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by shaidar »

Can you summon a specific spirit with the skill?

E.g. Could I summon Edward Compton and have him haunt agent Blake?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by tibbius »

Yep!
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by shaidar »

I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner.

I've been trying to work out how to find Magout and the answer was staring me in the face.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by tibbius »

I kinda wish you'd gotten a better roll for Perception, I was kicking around the idea of giving you an incantation or something as a help toward binding Magout. But you've got Euterpe to protect you, Edward to help you, and a d8 for Spirits - so it's not like you're totally screwed.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by shaidar »

yeah, not totally screwed! And I have the rooster booster d6 to spirits as well!

So what help can Edward provide? do I need to bind him to provide assistance (like Euterpe provides protection) or I assume he can interact and provide ad-hoc bonuses to my rolls?

Just checking my understanding... An arcanist would bind a spirit to an object. An occultist would bind the spirit to themselves to provide a service, usually with the promise of release after a set time if they serve well?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#55 Post by tibbius »

Yes, that's the general idea. Euterpe is "bound" by her love of Conner's music. Up to you to determine how Edward could be tied to Conner. Without some kind of bond, it's hard to tell what will happen with him. He could go wild.

Edit to add: if you can figure out a plan to leverage all of the assets we've named, you have about an 85% chance that things will go well.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by shaidar »

OK, so here is my idea about how to handle Magout.

First try and tell him to release Donte from any obligations and leave New Haven, hoping that a deter roll might result in him not wanting to take on Conner.

If the deter roll isn't good then I'd fall back on my spirit skill and try to command him to do the above.

Is this plausible? Could I do a deal with Edward for him to boost my deter skill with the agreement that his service lasts until Magout is dealt with?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#57 Post by tibbius »

That's clever. Let's see how it goes ... I'll write up the scene this weekend
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “New Haven? (Fair Ones)”