Re: OOC

#21 Post by Marullus »

*hug* Yeah, that's pretty rough.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by shaidar »

Um, how about occultist by day, musician by night, or maybe its the other way around. Older brother to one of the students.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by tibbius »

The 24XX line has an old-school sensibility. You rolled a "2" for Persuasion with Edward's life in his mouth. Time for a new character. :(

But ... he'll be back. Specifically, he'll be touching the dreams of Lucas and of your musical occultist. Thomas Kelly's big brother? Or Jamilia's? People who know him and trust him.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by shaidar »

How about Thomas Kelly's brother, Conner Kelly.

For skills how about: Spirit, performance, languages, law and perception? (not sure about the last one)

He's actually a paralegal at a local civil rights lawyers, plays bass guitar in a rock band and summons spirits.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#25 Post by tibbius »

Nice - Thomas will lean on him to help Donte, who's in hiding after the shooting.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by tibbius »

So how does Conner know Edward Compton?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by shaidar »

How about: due to the unreliability of their father Conner has gone to the school as a parent standin on a number of occasions and met Edward.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by shaidar »

Demeanor : [1d20]=10

Dry

Money:

Money: [1d6]=3

$3000

Effects: [1d20]=13, [1d20]=10

T-shirt, tattoo (bicep, flaming skull)

Spirit Service:

Spirit Service: [1d10]=5

Protect

Offering: do I roll or can I choose music? It fits with his character

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by tibbius »

Let's go with Music to keep it simple and also that's cool.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by tibbius »

shaidar wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:23 pm Demeanor : [1d20]=10

Dry
Could you go ahead and post in Characters? (once you have a photo you like, of course)

I'll bring him in asap.

Why would he be in bed and dreaming at 8 pm on a weeknight? And what does he dream of? I want your first Conner post to be a dreamscape, please.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by shaidar »

I've posted a partial character sheet, just need to fill in a few things, go shopping, find a pic.

I'll try and get an intro post done soon.

How does it works with bound spirits? Do they hang around all the time and Conner can see them? Does he have to call them by name to bring them forth, can he speak to them and will they provide information?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by tibbius »

I'm going to leave it pretty open to your interpretation what Conner's relationship is with Euterpe, but the aid with Protection is always on and gives the +1 or d6 whenever that would be relevant and helpful (i.e. if Conner might get shot at, Euterpe would grant your choice of +1 or an extra d6 to whatever roll Conner might make to avoid injury).

Based on the name, I'm going to say that Euterpe is the ghost of an ancient Greek woman who crossed over to the New World with one of her descendants in the 1890s, and it's up to you how Conner hooked up with her. She learned English a while ago but still has an unshakeable Old World accent.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by shaidar »

I think it'd a pretty constructive relationship. I chose the name because it's the name of the greek muse of music, not implying anything to who the spirit is, I just thought it was an interesting thing to do.

Maybe she's continued to follow around the family of her descendents and she ended up at one of his gigs and, having been a musician when she was alive, she is fascinated by rock music.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#34 Post by tibbius »

Is it weird yet?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by shaidar »

Yup, I think we've got there :smile:

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by tibbius »

Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by shaidar »

Added a little more detail to Conner's character background.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by shaidar »

Another bit of an update to his background.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Marullus »

With apologies, I'm going to back out. I'm afraid I'm a bit overcommitted right now and I have some new projects ramping up at work.

Thanks for a good story!

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by shaidar »

Sorry to hear that, Marullus.

Tibbius, are you going to keep going and try and recruit some more players?

Return to “New Haven? (Fair Ones)”