Round 3: The Dusty Arena

Monsieur Rose
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Round 3: The Dusty Arena

#21 Post by Zhym »

Lug didn't quite manage the move he tried to make, but his opponent is in pain. It's always good in a brawl when your opponent is in pain and you aren't, so Lug tries to maintain the hold.

Attack: [1d20]=15

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by max_vale »

Evan Schris

Evan smiles and raises a hand to the crowd, taking a bow while talking out of the side of his mouth to Geoffrey; "Good show old sport! You must be quite the hit on the stage!" He then goes over and gallantly helps his 'defeated' foe to his feet....

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 3 Scene 6

Geoffry accepts the hand and winks at Evan. "I'm here every night. This style isn't my thing, you know."

Sared is slowly regaining consciousness and groans. Vonn spots the lady in the crowd yelling who is making extremely forward gestures at him.

Ulfang is screaming like a little child, wailing in pain, shaking violently. "My knee, get off my knee!" Lug presses even harder and feels something pop. Ulfang's eyes roll around and his body goes limp. The crowd pauses to confirm the victory and then erupts in jubilation.

Urin walks over to you and looks down at the fallen half-orc. "How'd you know about his bad knee? I was keeping that bit secret if I was to fight him."

The Announcer motions to the horns and they sound the end of the round. "Congratulations to our victors! They'll be back in a little bit to face more competition in the next round." The gate rises once more and a short rest beckons in the depths of the arena.

Actions?

PC Status
  • Evan| Human | Swashbuckler | HP: 9/11 | Move: 12
  • Lug| Human | Barbarian | HP: 9/14 | Move: 12
  • Vonn| Dwarf | Fighter | HP: 10/11 | Move: 6

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 3 Scene 7

The barracks welcomes both victors and vanquished alike. After a short walk down the corridor, our heroes enter and are greeted with cheers. A large room, set with benches, tables, cubbies, and a few decent chairs is filled with more than a dozen other combatants of all shapes and sizes who applaud and welcome the fighters. Those who need care get it in a room off the main area, one of three on the south wall. The orderlies give you a look over as well and suggest a few bandages and baths. A large heavyset man of dubious lineage calls out over the din "Nice work out there gentlemen! What a show, what a show. Rest up for a bit and we'll get you back out there for the next round." You all recognize the Warden, your MC and the host of the Arena.

He walks over and slaps you each on the back with a hand that is both damp and warm. "I knew you would do well, I have a keen eye about these things, you know?" He leans in close and you can smell the garlic on his breath as he stage-whispers to Vonn. "Seems you've got a visitor, son. She's waiting back in the corridor." He winks and licks his lips lasciviously.

As the other fighters get ready to send off the next round, you notice a few other fighters in the corner whispering and shooting glances your way.

Actions?

PC Status
  • Evan| Human | Swashbuckler | HP: 9/11 | Move: 12
  • Lug| Human | Barbarian | HP: 9/14 | Move: 12
  • Vonn| Dwarf | Fighter | HP: 10/11 | Move: 6

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by max_vale »

Evan Schris

Evan is glad to see his friends are doing okay.....though as the man-shaped ball of sleaze that was the MC came over, he whispered to Vonn...."Watch out for crabs, buddy".

Seeing and hearing the fighters checking them out and talking about them, he wanders over and smiles at them. "Hey there....Evan is my name, how's it going?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rex »

Vonn

Vonn chuckles then completely ignores the MC. He gives the other fighters checking him out a scowl and evil eye. "I wonder who or what we fight next?"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Zhym »

Lug orders a pony keg of ale. He also buys a round for his buds.

"Aw, I do love fighting gobbos." he says, "even the ones what call 'emselves orcs. Orc, gob, hobgob—they all fights back good."

"When we fight next?"

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Act 3 Scene 8

Lug receives his drink and his buds get a smaller version as well. "Looking good out there, Conqueror." The attendant tries to make small talk with you. "That's what they're calling you, you know. Lug the Conqueror. I think your next fight is in about thirty minutes." He looks up in awe of you. "Can I get you anything else?"

Evan engages with some of the other fighters in the barracks. "Evan." They nod and appraise you further. "What's you and your buddies' deal? You buy all this 'entertainment' for the masses? It's all bullshit, you know?"

A battered fighter with a bandaged leg limps over to Vonn and jovially starts a conversation. "You guys did well last round. But rumor has it that the bosses have something different planned for the next round." He quickly drops his smile and looks around for the Warden. "A test, I heard them say."

Everyone is able to rest and bandage up to full health during the downtime.

Actions?

PC Status
  • Evan| Human | Swashbuckler | HP: 11/11 | Move: 12
  • Lug| Human | Barbarian | HP: 14/14 | Move: 12
  • Vonn| Dwarf | Fighter | HP: 11/11 | Move: 6

Return to “The Octagon (D&D)”