#23 Post by Solo4114 »

Cal will observe how things go.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: ECHOES FROM HOTH: Episode Three: Greetings from Thakis

#24 Post by Starbeard »

Vale

"I will volunteer for the melee if it comes to it, but several of you are probably better suited to go first. While I cheer you on, I plan to find Xerris and see if I can corner her in some conversation. If I can't help her choose a new path, at least I might be able to learn more about her weaknesses, and challenge her if I must."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by max_vale »

Queendom of Azavam; Planet Thakis; Outer Rim Sector

The guard writing down names looks from one Rebel to the next as they talk to him and he writes a few things down and says; "Okay, I have no idea what THAT one said...", while nodding his head towards Kitkatarra; "-but HE will be up first against Tandivar"; with a nod towards Zuul; "-and if things don't go well for him, then this one goes next"; with yet another nod towards Clark.

"This brave soul will be challenging Lothar"; with a gesture towards Jackson; "-and oh yeah....Xerris says she's fighting THAT one"; with a finger pointed at Vale, "-regardless of what he says.....so get ready"; and with that, he nods to the Alliance Agents and heads back out.

A long few hours pass as the Rebels do what they can to prepare themselves and then a large party of a dozen armed guards come to get them and unlock the prison gate and lead them back up to the upper floor of the fortress and then outside to a grassy field with a section that had been closed off by three rail fences a couple of meters high with one gate in and in which Tandivar the Talz waited while stretching and occasionally flexing his muscles....

Another fenced off section had Xerris standing in it.....staring intently and unblinkingly at Vale and pretty much ignoring everyone and everything else around her.....

The last section of the field wasn't fenced off, just had a pair of markers placed about a dozen meters apart with Lothar standing by one with a nasty smile on his face as he rolled his neck a couple of times and called out to Jackson; "Well....you're a brave one, I'll give you that Rebel......I'll do my best to just wing ya"; in a condescending tone.....

Looking around, the Rebels could see over a dozen Thakisians with single-shot firearms and swords; half that number of Lothar's goons with blaster pistols and of course Lothar himself with a Sporting Blaster pistol in a well-oiled thigh holster and Xerris with her lightsaber in hand. Tandivar the Talz was unarmed. Tobiathus, the Thakisian leader of the Honor guard came over to the Rebels with a box in his hands and he took out a Blaster Pistol and handed it to Jackson as 3 of the non Thakisian goons trained their own Blasters at the Alliance Agent. Tobiathus then handed Crodowski a belt with an attached holster and he spoke up; "You will keep your weapon in the holster and take your position at the assigned mark there"; while pointing to the marker opposite from Lothar's; "-when I count to 3, you will both draw your weapons and fire a single shot. If one of you is hit and the other not, the one hit has the option to yield by dropping the weapon....if you wish to fire again, you will re-holster your weapon and again wait for my count. If you both fall to the other's fire; it will be as if the challenger won. Are these rules understood?"; he asks with a perfunctory look at Lothar who just nods and then he looks back with a questioning look towards Jackson....

Meanwhile, a couple of Tobiathus's lieutenants were having similar conversations with Zuul and Vale....the one with Zuul was saying; "When the gate is shut and a shot is fired in the air; you are then locked in battle until one of you is knocked out, killed or yields by loudly calling out "I yield"; upon which you are to immediately break away and the fight is over. Is this understood?" Tandivar the unreadable Talz just nods his head while Zuul just smiles and acknowledges he understands the rules. They were both let into the fighting area and then the gate was closed and locked behind them and one of the Thakisian guards held up his pistol and yelled out; "Get Ready!"

A similar discussion was taking place over at the fighting area where Xerris and Vale were sizing each other up; with the Young Jedi having been given his Blue Lightsaber by a Thakisian honor guard LT. "This fight is to the death or until someone yells out 'I yield'. Is that understood?"

Cal was standing near the fighting area where Lothar and Jackson were facing off while Kit was close by the young Jedi's dueling area and Professor Clark stood outside the gates watching Zuul and the Talz getting ready to go at it.....

Almost simultaneously starting shots were fired into the air to start the matches between Zuul and Tandivar and Xerris and Vale while Tobiathus then counted down for Crodowski and Lothar....."ONE.....TWO........THREE!"

Lothar's hand was a blur as it flashed towards his Blaster Pistol....

Tandivar rushed forward with deceptive speed towards the big Barabel Zuul....

Xerris had ignited her red Lightsaber as the Thakisian guard raised his pistol and a moment later, Vale did the same with his blue Lightsaber. The yellow-eyed woman smiled a cruel smile as the shot was fired and in a quick motion, she darted forward and with a spin she swung the lightsaber hard at the young Jedi......

*Everyone please let me know what you wish to do....if you wish to spend Force Points....etc.

**ybn: Tell me how many dice you wish to spend on the draw part and how many on the shot itself....the range is short so the Difficulty number is 10

***Rose: Tell me if you wish to just use Straight Brawling attack(s)...or use Dodge or Brawling Parry (Full versions or Combat version with another action like a Brawling Attack, etc.

****starbeard: Tell me if you wish to use your Lightsaber skill to attempt to attack or parry Xerris' attack or some other action(s)

Everyone else, I randomly just put one of you near each challenge so Clark is near Zuul's fight; Kit is near Vale's duel and Cal is near Jackson's contest......I hope that's okay!
Last edited by max_vale on Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by ybn1197 »

I will use a force point to double my Blaster Skill. Use 4D for Quick Draw and 6D+1 for my shot.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul nods at the referee as he watches the Talz for signs of weakness. As the shots ring out and Tandivar rushes him, Zuul attempts to use his momentum against the Talz and counterattack.

Zuul is using brawling parry and brawling. He spends a force point.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Starbeard »

max_vale wrote:A similar discussion was taking place over at the fighting area where Xerris and Vale were sizing each other up; with the Young Jedi having been given his Blue Lightsaber by a Thakisian honor guard LT. "This fight is to the death or until someone yells out 'I yield'. Is that understood?"
"Understood; but I do not think my opponent will be interested in either of one us yielding."
Xerris had ignited her red Lightsaber as the Thakisian guard raised his pistol and a moment later, Vale did the same with his blue Lightsaber. The yellow-eyed woman smiled a cruel smile as the shot was fired and in a quick motion, she darted forward and with a spin she swung the lightsaber hard at the young Jedi......
Vale steps back and to the side, bringing up his lightsaber to deflect the blow. "You mustn't succumb to your anger, Xerris. It will do nothing but consume you in the end. What good is power if you cannot control it?"

I'll be making a full parry, but spending no Force points yet, thanks.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by max_vale »

In the grassy field outside of the fortress that served as the 'capital' of the Queendom of Azabam on the planet Thakis; a trio of duels commenced....

Jackson Crodowski's world had narrowed to the voice of the Thakisian Honor Guard Commander Tobiathus calling out; "One....Two...Three!" and the figure of Lothar Brightsun facing him with a smirk on his arrogant face, his hand casually hanging at his side, ready to draw his Sporting Blaster Pistol in a flash. As the last number was called, the Rebel Engineer put every ounce of effort into drawing his weapon and putting a bolt right into the gunman's chest, but he wasn't really surprised to suddenly feel the burning, stinging pain in his upper left shoulder as Lothar beat him to the Draw and put a shot into him seemingly moving in a blur effortlessly...*

Nevertheless, with a superhuman effort, the Rebel kept his own weapon in his hand, gritted his teeth against the pain and fired a shot that caught the criminal gunslinger in the hip, causing him to shout out in surprise and pain and slip and fall to one knee on the grassy ground as his eyes widened in shock and Crodowski grinned fiercely amidst the pain as he saw fear spark for the first time in Lothar's arrogant eyes. Tobiathus suddenly interjected himself in between the two men, showing a tremendous amount of courage and he called out; "Pause! You have both wounded the other and yet both remain standing. If either of you wish to yield, thrown down your pistol!" Lothar staggered up to both feet, limping a bit in pain; hatred now burning from his eyes and he simply put his Blaster back into his holster as he retook his position. Jackson shrugged off the pain of his wound as much as he could as he holstered his own weapon and retook his position as well. Lothar seemed to roll his eye and jerk his chin up as he then called out; "I guess I didn't take you seriously enough Rebel....this time, I ain't wingin' ya'; I'm ending ya!"

As Lothar and Jackson wounded each other nearly simultaneously and then both staggered to their feet to draw again; Cal Dornan standing anxiously nearby saw the strange head movement of the criminal gunman and he glanced around and sure enough, he noticed the half-dozen thugs Lothar had brought to the field were all slowly backing up to give themselves a bit of room from the dozen Thakisian guards who were all intently watching the duels and in addition, the syndicate guards were drawing their Blasters to use against the single-shot musket pistol and sword wielding native guards.....

In a separate, fenced off area of the field, a fierce hand-to-hand clash had begun among a pair of 2 meter+ tall, strong humanoids...one covered in fur with a weird, thick and long necked head with four eyes and powerful, wiry arms while the other was reptilian and had scary looking 6 inch long teeth and powerful claws to go with hard, scaly skin....

Tandivar the Talz burst forward in a deceptively fast lope towards Zuul, but the experienced Rebel fighter slipped the initial rush and blow with a half spin and arm block and then retaliated with a vicious slash of his right hand claws that tore hunks of fur and blood out of the white-furred alien and caused a bizarre, stereo feedback sounding cry of pain and anger before the Talz unexpectedly spun around and lashed out with a back kick that caught the Barabel in the side ribs and knocked him back a step with a wheezing, painful gasp of air**....

The blood-stained Talz and the pained Barabel circled each other, their world-views narrowed to each other and nothing else at the moment....not even Professor Clark standing nearby watching the fight with an academic's mind analyzing the fight and the effects the hits each had landed on the other would have, when his peripheral vision caught sight of one of the Thugs working with Tandivar and Lothar, circling around behind the Thakisian lieutenant serving as the 'judge' of the melee with his blaster drawn....

In the final fenced off area of the field, the yellow-eyed and red-lightsaber wielding Dark Jedi known as Xerris smiled cruelly at Vale as the shot fired by the Honor guard Thakisian LT began the duel and with a whirl and a lunge forward she lashed out with her weapon, only to frown as the young Jedi blocked the blow with his own Blue Lightsaber and he did so again after she attempted a second, more vicious overhand swing; though she noted with satisfaction the young man had BARELY been able to block this strike and he was falling back, almost to the fence in the face of her skilled attacks. Vale attempted to reason with the young woman, who just snarled a reply laced with contempt; "I warned you about lecturing me FOOLISH JEDI CHILD.....you will be destroyed with your hokey platitudes still ringing in your ears", as she readied herself to once again strike at young Vale Starcloud with her lightsaber....

The Wookie Kitkatarra softly growled out encouragement to her human friend, but she was worried by the obvious skill the female showed with the energy sword and her fascination with the lightsaber duel ALMOST caused her to miss the sight of one of the Criminal syndicate guards slowly drawing his blaster and moving into a position to be able to back-shoot the Thakisian honor guard refereeing the duel between the Jedi....

*Jackson is Wounded, i.e. at -1D for all actions until treated....but you OBVIOUSLY wounded Lothar as well. You DO have 1 more Force Point....just throwing that out there. :)

**Zuul is Bruised....he's a -1D for a short period of time (basically until the fight's over or your Wound status changes) from the painful hit...but the damage isn't permanent like getting shot or stabbed, etc. would be....

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Focused only on his prey, Zuul hisses and attacks! He rushes forward going with an all-out attack, trying to end this here.

Zuul uses another force point, only attacking this round.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by ybn1197 »

Jackson snarls like an old experienced gunslinger (which he is not) and re-holsters his laser. Once the commander counts to three, he draws and fires again.

I will use the remaining Force point. This time 4D for Quick Draw and 4D+1 for Attack

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by kipper »

"Danger!" Clark calls out to the judge in broken Thakasian. "They have weapons and surround you!"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit tries to move closer to the closest bad guy without letting on she is trying to. Pretending to watch the fight, cheering etc.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#34 Post by Solo4114 »

Cal begins to back up to get closer to the nearest thug.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by max_vale »

As the three duels continued, suddenly the situation changed....

Jackson Crodowski felt like the executed the fastest quick-draw of his life, his hand a blur, coming up and tracking towards Lothar's chest when suddenly the pistol in his hand exploded into several fragments and the Rebel Agent fell back onto his backside with his eyes wide in shock and surprise and it took him a long moment to register exactly what had just happened....

Lothar moved with superhuman speed and fired two shots, one of which destroyed Jackson's weapon, the second of which hit poor, brave Tobiathus right between the eye, dropping the Thakisian honor guard leader to the ground right next to Crodowski. The Engineer-turned-Rebel could see Lothar limping off and all manner of chaos exploding all around him as the duels broke down and a general battle began. Jackson saw the loaded, black-powder pistol hanging from the deceased Thakisian's belt along with his scabbarded sword....

Professor Clark yelled out a warning to the guards, but unfortunately he was too late for half of the dozen Thakisians on the field as Lothar's thugs pulled blasters and dropped the poor blue-skinned humanoids with cheap, point-blank ambush shots. The remaining half-dozen guards though pulled their weapons and a battle began in earnest....

The Academic-turned-Rebel Agent took quick stock of the situation, noticing that Jackson was on the ground with a destroyed weapon, Lothar was rapidly making an escape and Zuul and Vale remained locked in their respective battles, oblivious to what was going on around them. A nearby fallen Thakisian had weapons that Clark could go and pick up, or he could attempt to sneak up on the human goon of Lothar's a mere 3 or 4 meters away that was shooting at some of the still-standing Thakisian guards and whose back was facing the good Professor....

Kit the Wookie moved carefully towards a Rodian thug of Lothar's, but even so, she was surprised when the goon yanked a blaster and put a bolt into a Thakisian guard's back, before turning away from her to focus on some other nearby Thakisians. With a growl, her claws popped out and violent thoughts entered her brain....

Cal saw what was about to happen and the one-time smuggler moved carefully to a position where he could dive behind some cover just as the shooting started. Tucked down low and behind a fence post, he noticed Zuul and Tandivar remained locked in combat as did Vale and the lightsaber-wielding crazy lady. A male Twi'lek goon was a few meters away, blasting away at some Thakisians. Cal looked for a nearby weapon and he saw a palm-sized rock in the ground within easy reach....

Meanwhile, oblivious to the firefight going on all around them, Zuul and Tandivar remained locked in desperate, hand-to-hand combat. First, the Barabel Rebel rushed forward and lashed out with his claws, landing powerful blows on the white-furred Talz, delighting in the impacts and the sight of blood staining his opponents fur.....then a moment later, the resilient Tandivar cut loose with a powerful uppercut that impacted the bottom of Zuul's jaw and caused his head to snap back and for a moment, he saw stars dancing around his head as he felt dizzy and unbalanced on his feet. He shook it off a moment later and his eyes snapped back to the bloody Talz....who was wobbling on his own feet, but still standing and the Barabel couldn't help but feel a strange combination of rage and admiration for this tough foe....

Xerris, practically laughing with delight, continued to swing her red lightsaber in powerful, almost wild attacks at young Vale Starcloud and it was all the Jedi student could do to parry and/or dodge aside from the blows, knowing full well any of those blows could end his life in a flash. Suddenly, a brief moment of calm seemed to overtake him and looking at the yellow-eyed woman facing him, she suddenly seemed to be moving in slow-motion. Starcloud knew at once that he was in harmony with the Force, and with a sad sigh, he saw his opening and after ducking under a wild swing of her lightsaber, he made a quick, precise slash of his own. His bluish-white lightsaber, humming with the swing, caught Xerris right behind her right wrist and moving entirely through her arm, literally disarming his opponent as the hand fell, still clutching the lightsaber, which snapped close just as it hit the ground.....

The Dark Jedi student fell to the ground, her eyes open in shock, staring in disbelief at the young man across from her and at that moment, Vale was suddenly back in the moment, realizing that blaster fire and black-powdered weapons were being fired all around him. His attention wavered as he looked around and took in the sights of the goons shooting it out with the remaining Thakisian guards and then the sudden; "You haven't seen the last of ME, JEDI!", yell brought him back to a one handed Xerris scooping up her lightsaber in her left hand and racing off....

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by kipper »

Clark rushes the nearby goon and tackles him from behind. Clark's primary goal is to stop the goon from shooting the Thakisians, his secondary goal is to disarm the goon.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by ybn1197 »

Jackson will grab the black-powder pistol and sword from the deceased Thakisian before giving chase to Lothar.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by Rex »

Kit

Kit goes for the Rodian thug, trying to gain control of his weapon/take it away.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by Starbeard »

Vale sighs heavily as he switches off his Jedi's blade. "Your fear serves you no purpose, Xerris. I did not want to harm you, but I see now that you were truly blinded by the lies of the Dark Side. You believe that anger will conquer your fear, but it only masks it, and makes you more vulnerable. But there is still hope. You are powerful in the Force, but only by letting go of your emotions will you truly unlock the power you desire." He extends his open hand to hers (the one that's still there, anyway).

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#40 Post by Solo4114 »

Cal grabs the nearby rock and hurls it as hard as he can at the nearby Twi'ilek thug.

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”