OOC Thead 3

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Thead 3

#141 Post by kipper »

I'll be away and unable to post from now until ~ Aug 8.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#142 Post by Solo4114 »

So, do Jax and the Professor need Cal to sortie out once the coaxium is offloaded? I could try to provide cover for you with my light freighter, although I doubt I'll be much of a match for the TIE-Ints. I think my main goal would just be to force it to break off long enough for us both to land on the Liberty's Flame and let it hyperspace out.

Otherwise, I'm inclined to stay put and hope for the best for you guys.

Actually, how long will it take for the Liberty's Flame crew to add their coaxium, get coordinates for jumping, and jump out of system?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by max_vale »

Hey Solo.....I guess maybe I didn't make it quite clear enough in my last post but Cal and the Outrunner DID just land on the Frigate and the Coaxium is being unloaded right now.

Spoiler alert: Clark and Jackson won't be out there long enough for you to take the ship back out again to rejoin the fight.....should just be a few more posts and then we'l be onto some "interlude" scenes and a 'shopping trip' for everybody....and then we'll move onto the next adventure.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#144 Post by Solo4114 »

Gotcha. That's kinda what I was wondering.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by Starbeard »

Are you ruling that improving a skill uses the number of dice before or after the increase? So, would going from 3D+2 to 4D cost 3 or 4 points?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by max_vale »

Before, so in your example it would cost 3 skill points to go from 3D+2 to 4D

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by Rex »

If I have this right. Kit will improve as follows.
Lightsabre 3D+1 to 3D+2 (3 SP), 3D+2 to 4D (3 SP) and 4D to 4D+1 (4 SP, 10 SP total)
I don't have anything to spend just 2 points on.
Will wait on spending the 10,000 credits for now.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by Starbeard »

Rex, if Kit wants to train in the Force under Vale, then it'll be 5 points to take Control at 1D, plus two starting powers (extra powers are 5 points each after that). You'd have to take Lightsaber Training and Memory Enhancement, since those are Vale's only Control powers.

Lightsaber Training is a house ruled power for this game. Having it automatically cuts the difficulty of attacking with a lightsaber in half, from 20 to 10. That alone might make it worth the investment if you want to build your lightsaber skill up.

Parrying blaster bolts requires the Sense power Lightsaber Energy Parry. That may be too expensive to get right now, since you'll need at least 2D in Sense before you even have a chance to parry anything at all, as the base difficulty is 10.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by Rex »

Kit already has Lightsabre at 3D+1, she has been training with Vale. So does that mean she has Lightsabre difficulty of 20 or 10? If I don't have it at 10 I should do whatever is required to get that first. Then I would want to spend her points however to make her more effective in attacking. She would worry about parry and other stuff latter, if ever. I think I will wait for Max to let us know where she is at now, then we can figure out the best approach.

Solo4114
Tracker
Tracker

#150 Post by Solo4114 »

I'm inclined to go back and grab the Nova Kestrel and use that as our ship, following some modifications. I like the idea of Cal being really tied to his ship, and that also being kind of a millstone round his neck as he works to pay off Fandral (which...may not be possible now). I need to consult my gamebook to decide which skills I want to boost. And just to be clear, we're boosting skills, not attributes, yeah?

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#151 Post by kipper »

Clark will increase:

Blaster to 5D+1 (5pts)
Gunnery to 4D (3pts)
Languages to 4D+1 (4pts)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by Starbeard »

Rex wrote:Kit already has Lightsabre at 3D+1, she has been training with Vale. So does that mean she has Lightsabre difficulty of 20 or 10? If I don't have it at 10 I should do whatever is required to get that first. Then I would want to spend her points however to make her more effective in attacking. She would worry about parry and other stuff latter, if ever. I think I will wait for Max to let us know where she is at now, then we can figure out the best approach.
The way I understand it, unless you have the Force ability "Lightsaber Training," the difficulty will be 20 no matter how high your combat skill is. So it probably would behoove you to spend 5 points to learn the "Control" Force attribute at 1D, which will take Lightsaber Training as one of your free abilities, and drop your base difficulty to 10. That leaves you 7 points left over, which can take you up to 4D in lightsaber, with 1 point left over.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#153 Post by Rex »

That sounds good, as long as Max is fine with it I will go that route then.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by Rex »

Can Kit get her hands on a Lightsabre with 10,000 credits? Might be an adventure in itself.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by max_vale »

Okay, at some point this weekend, I'll put up some posts with the Equipment and Ship Mods that people can spend money on....and PLEASE plan on doing so as there really won't be another chance to do so for a LONG time. NO REASON to save the credits! :)

A lot of things to respond to here, my apologies in advance if I miss something....

Rex and Starbeard: Okay, so I mistakenly told Starbeard that it would be 5 points to gain the Force Skill: Control at 1D for someone learning the Force who didn't start off with Force Skills; that would actually be 10 points....sorry about that! Now IF you want to have Kit go this route Rex, then Starbeard's right about everything else.....she will gain the Control skill (at 1D for 10 skill points...which can be improved to 1D+2 with the remaining 2 skill points of your 12 if you like) and have the Force Control Powers of Lightsaber Training and Memory Enhancement.

The Lightsaber Training means the Difficulty number to hit somebody drops from 20 to 10 (this high of a number is mainly to show how dangerous it is to whip around a weapon that can cut thru almost anything....and to keep it in the hands of mostly Jedi/Sith/Other Force Users). So yeah, the Lightsaber skill roll is used to beat either 20 (If you DON'T have the Force Control skill AND Lightsaber Training Power) or 10 (If you do have the Force Control Skill and Lightsaber Training Power).

As for getting a Lightsaber....I'll rule that it'll cost about 5,000 credits to get the rare crystals and metals needed to make the weapon and if you do NOT start Force Training with Vale; then he's the one who will have to build it for you.....if you DO start Force Training, then you'll be the one who builds it. OR I can actually make it part of the on-going campaign (you finding the right parts and constructing it) if you'd prefer that option, though obviously this means we start the next adventure with you NOT having a Lightsaber. Your call amigo....as is the choice of whether the Lightsaber (whenever you get it/make it) will be Green or Blue.

Did all that make sense?

Rex: If you decide to go the non-Jedi training route and spend the 10 points to get Lightsaber training up to 4D+1, you can spend the last 2 skill points to gain a new Knowledge skill at 2D+1....you don't HAVE too, but it's an option.

Kipper: Thanks! Clark's skills have been updated!

Solo: I'll come up with some ideas/choices about the Nova Kestrel and its (pre possible modifications) stats. As for whether you can put a downpayment on what you owe Fandral now....I'll leave that up to you (possible story post with implications in later adventures? YOU decide! :) )

Yeah, only skills advance in my game, not Attributes. Also, my list of skills is slightly different than any of the game books, here's the list below. If you're not seeing something you have a question about, let me know:

DEX: Blaster; Brawling Parry; Dodge; Launcher Weapons; Lightsaber; Melee Weapons; Melee Parry; Slugthrowers; Thrown Weapons

KNO: Bureaucracy; Alien Cultures; Languages; Medicine; Planetary Systems; Streetwise; Survival; Tactics; Technology

MECH: Animal Handling/Riding; Astrogation; Repulsorlift Operation; Shields; Starship Piloting; Systems Op.(Sensors & Comms); Gunnery; Walker Operation; Wheeled Vehicle Operation

PER: Bargain; Con; Gambling; Hide/Sneak; Leadership; Persuasion; Search

STR: Brawling; Climbing/Jumping; Lifting; Stamina; Swimming; Running

TECH: Computer Operation; Computer Repair; Demolition; Equipment Repair;
Repulsorlift Repair; Secruity; Starship Repair; Walker Repair-

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul will put points in blaster to get to 6D, and launcher to get to 5D+1.

That uses 10 points, and he'll carry 2 over.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by max_vale »

Thanks Rose, updates made on Zuul's character sheet. Also note, those 2 points can be spent on any number of Knowledge, Mechanical or Technical skills.....just a thought! (You're welcome to save them though....just thought I'd mention it)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by Starbeard »

For Vale, I would like to take the following improvements:

Learn Sense power: Farseeing (5 pts)

Bump Sense from 3D+1 to 3D+2 (3 pts)
Bump Sense from 3D+2 to 4D (3 pts)

Bump Persuasion from 2D+2 to 3D (2 pts)

5+3+3+2 = 13 skill points

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#159 Post by Starbeard »

Vale's probably good on weapons, he doesn't need anything more than his uncivilized blaster and his lightsaber.

I'd be interested in a droid or two. Which droid rules are you using?

Also, if he were looking for a cheap landspeeder or speeder bike, would either of those fit into the cargo hold of the Outrunner?

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by max_vale »

Hey Starbeard! To answer your questions/points:

-Vale's skills have been updated.

-I'll put up some info on Droids over the next few days in the "shopping lists" I'm coming up with, but one thing that I don't want to have happen is to have the Droid essentially roll around with the characters everywhere they go as I find that it kinda ruins challenges for the players...."Hey, here's a computer hack/equipment repair/rare bit of knowledge challenge! Let's just have the Droid figure it out".....not much for fun for anybody, in my opinion.

However, perhaps having a Droid that stays with the ship to help out with 'Astrogation/Repairs here and there" or something along those lines would work.

I also have no problem with a Droid character......but yeah, as an NPC that comes along everywhere.....I'm not much of a fan.

-I'll put up plenty of non weapon stuff to buy....plus keep in mind that any ship modifications will tend to be expensive, and EVERYONE's money can go for those.

-A Landspeeder won't fit on the Outrunner or the Nova Kestrel; but a Speeder Bike certainly will. I'll have info on those.....including possible mods (add a weapon, better sensor/comms equipment, added armor, etc.) and how much they cost.

That answer all your questions/concerns?

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”