ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: (002) Taken!

#21 Post by ateno »

terrymixon wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:18 pm"We should."

Des unlimbers his axe and looks to the rest. "Shall we go?"
"Lets go."

Darian takes the shepard crook with him as he and Kazan follow.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by Darithe »

"There's too many people hereabouts," Magdal grumbles as she tries to discern the truths of the tracks, "All I can tell is they headed north, but so many people have milled about I can't tell how many or who is heading that way." Follows Des and Eodrien, muttering, "At least behind you two I know I won't get hit by any enemy arrows."

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by terrymixon »

Darithe wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:47 am "There's too many people hereabouts," Magdal grumbles as she tries to discern the truths of the tracks, "All I can tell is they headed north, but so many people have milled about I can't tell how many or who is heading that way." Follows Des and Eodrien, muttering, "At least behind you two I know I won't get hit by any enemy arrows."
“We who catch arrows also serve.”
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0
Benefit: 1,000 Cr, Auto Pistol, Explorer's Society (or TAS) membership.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by joertexas »

terrymixon wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:51 am “We who catch arrows also serve.”
"I don't catch them, I move," Eodrien says as she looks for any sign of an ambush as they move along. "Still and all, do stay behind us."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Darithe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#25 Post by Darithe »

Magdal nods to Des, "Well I do hope you serve more than you catch. Personally I prefer Eodrien's method." She scans the ground as she follows them.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by joertexas »

Darithe wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:37 pm Magdal nods to Des, "Well I do hope you serve more than you catch. Personally I prefer Eodrien's method." She scans the ground as she follows them.
Eodrien moves along the trail left by the presumed kidnappers.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Eris »

The group of villagers and adventurers follow the path up the wooded hill toward the north and then over the top and down into a clearing that borders a broad stream. The stream runs east and west, and presumably, then south past the village. The tracks enter the stream here and don't appear on the other side.

"To the east and around the bend is where we have our sawmill." says one of the villagers, "No one will be there this time of the evening. They might have gone that way knowing it would be empty. We'll go down that way and see if the tracks come out of the water before the weir."

"Will you follow the stream west and see if the tracks come out up that way?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by ateno »

Eris wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:04 pm "Will you follow the stream west and see if the tracks come out up that way?"
"Hold on let me look."

Darian takes a torch from a villager, "Just for a moment:.

He approaches the tracks aside them, on the down stream side.

He looks down and into the gravel or mud in the stream bed if the is a turn in the path as they entered the water. betraying the way they went. While bent over, he says to everyone:

"I'm not a tracker, but I know human nature and have read some books, if people have heard that the stream can cover their track, they might not know why, If the abductor came in and with one or two steps and turned the way they were going...."

Darian goes as far into the water using the hook as extra balance and without getting wet or if it gets to dark to look at the bottom.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Eris »

ateno wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:46 pm
Eris wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:04 pm "Will you follow the stream west and see if the tracks come out up that way?"
"Hold on let me look."

Darian takes a torch from a villager, "Just for a moment:.

He approaches the tracks aside them, on the down stream side.

He looks down and into the gravel or mud in the stream bed if the is a turn in the path as they entered the water. betraying the way they went. While bent over, he says to everyone:

"I'm not a tracker, but I know human nature and have read some books, if people have heard that the stream can cover their track, they might not know why, If the abductor came in and with one or two steps and turned the way they were going...."

Darian goes as far into the water using the hook as extra balance and without getting wet or if it gets to dark to look at the bottom.
There are murmurs of approval from a couple of villagers and one goes so far as to say, "Smart idea!"

But, alas, whoever this was was smart, too, and the tracks disappear from the bottom of the fast flowing stream without showing which way they travelled next. They could have even gone all the way across the 30 foot wide stream and come out on the other side...but there is no sign of that if someone go to take a look. The water here isn't deeper than 3 feet even at the center of the stream, but it is quite chilly.

To the east (your left), downstream, the water continues to widens as the afore mentioned weir is backing up the water to form a small pond.

To the west (your right) the stream narrows and curves around a saddle in the hills back to the north a few dozen feet upstream from you.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:04 pm To the west (your right) the stream narrows and curves around a saddle in the hills back to the north a few dozen feet upstream from you.
Eodrien points to the right with her axe. "This way, I'd guess." She takes a few steps in that direction.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by ateno »

joertexas wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:08 pm
Eris wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:04 pm Eodrien points to the right with her axe. "This way, I'd guess." She takes a few steps in that direction.
Darian hands the torch back to the villager, "Thank you." and gives a quick bow.

Turns towards the intended direction. "Lets follow Eodrien Kazan, good boy."

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Eris »

Kazan bounds in the water. He seems very happy to play, but as the Adventure's party moves off to the right he quickly follows them shaking water on anyone in his vicinity.

There is still a trail next to the stream as it goes west and then north around the bend. It is forested here, and thick undergrowth grows along the trail to your left. To your right the stream meanders along. On the other side of the stream another animal trail begins and continues north into the forest, but you can't see any tracks over there...unless someone crosses the stream and looks.

The light filtering through the leaves of the trees is failing pretty fast. You can see well enough right now, but will certainly need torches (candles, lanterns) to see your way within the next 20 minutes.

OOC: Marching Order, please.

OOC: I think we need an old fashioned "Caller" to get things organized and tell me what the group is doing. That way you can all talk among yourselves and decide on things and then the "caller" can end the discussion and let me know the group decision. Without a Caller the thread might (actually, will) stall waiting for a definitive decision, like setting a Marching Order.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:23 pm Kazan bounds in the water. He seems very happy to play, but as the Adventure's party moves off to the right he quickly follows them shaking water on anyone in his vicinity.

There is still a trail next to the stream as it goes west and then north around the bend. It is forested here, and thick undergrowth grows along the trail to your left. To your right the stream meanders along. On the other side of the stream another animal trail begins and continues north into the forest, but you can't see any tracks over there...unless someone crosses the stream and looks.

The light filtering through the leaves of the trees is failing pretty fast. You can see well enough right now, but will certainly need torches (candles, lanterns) to see your way within the next 20 minutes.

OOC: I think we need an old fashioned "Caller" to get things organized and tell me what the group is doing. That way you can all talk among yourselves and decide on things and then the "caller" can end the discussion and let me know the group decision. Without a Caller the thread might (actually, will) stall waiting for a definitive decision, like setting a Marching Order.
Eodrien is in front in company with Des? (probably, with Terry's concurrence).

I can call, unless someone else really, really wants to do it.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by terrymixon »

joertexas wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:46 pm
Eris wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:23 pm Kazan bounds in the water. He seems very happy to play, but as the Adventure's party moves off to the right he quickly follows them shaking water on anyone in his vicinity.

Eodrien is in front in company with Des? (probably, with Terry's concurrence).

I can call, unless someone else really, really wants to do it.
OOC: Works for me.
The Spinward Main: Jack "Flighty" O'Brien, 989BB7, Merchant (3rd Officer), 4 terms, 34
Carousing-1, Computers-1, Engineering-1, Gunnery-0, Investigation-1, Jack of all Trades-3, Medicine-1, Melee Cbt-0, Navigation-1, Pilot-3, Pistol-1, Repair-1, Science-1, Steward-1, Streetwise-1, Cargo-0, Zero G-0

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by ateno »

As I am.

Darian falls into line near the rear with Kazan by his non river side.

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:44 pm As I am.

“Can Kazan track?” Des asked as he walked.

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by ateno »

terrymixon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 pm
[/quote]

"He's not trained to, but he has learned to chase squirrel's in the city, I'm waiting for him to cross paws with a rabbit, if he figures out what they are."

Darrian scratches Kazan cause he heard his name.

"His training is protection....attack and defend stuff, its for the city, I, ah. People in the city, have a reason, books are worth money. I was a apprentice librarian."

terrymixon
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by terrymixon »

ateno wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:10 am
terrymixon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:35 pm

"He's not trained to, but he has learned to chase squirrel's in the city, I'm waiting for him to cross paws with a rabbit, if he figures out what they are."

Darrian scratches Kazan cause he heard his name.

"His training is protection....attack and defend stuff, its for the city, I, ah. People in the city, have a reason, books are worth money. I was a apprentice librarian."
“I understand, sadly. Well, it didn’t hurt to ask just in case.”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by joertexas »

Eodrien leads the way along the riverbank, watching carefully for anything out of place as she goes.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ateno
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by ateno »

terrymixon wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:31 am “I understand, sadly. Well, it didn’t hurt to ask just in case.”
"No, of course, luckily he has not had to use his training and I'm happy letting him be a dog"

Return to “Silverband (C&C)”