saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Action Thread 7

#81 Post by saalaria »

Varkos aims another vicious stab at the creature holding him:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 13+3 = 16 Dam [1d8+5] = 6+5 = 11

OOC -woohoo that's gotta be a good hit!

If he's toast and big V is now free, he will go to attack no 4 or no 3 with SoT if 4 is too far away:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 5+3 = 8 Dam [1d8+5] = 4+5 = 9
OOC - guess it doesn't matter!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#82 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur figures four is enough, even though the group is making short work of them.

He none the less decides to join the action, following the fourth one, he sneaks in for a backstab.

[1d20+5] = 19+5 = 24 to backstab

[1d8x2] = 7x2 = 14 double damage

WooHoo, some way to enter the fight!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake tries desperately to get the creature grabbing him off.

"Owf!! Gettaoffame!!!"

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 16, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 1, damage (L): [1d12] = 11

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:14 p
Round 4

Varkos and Rake are both now wrapped up with a creature each.

The party continues its attack, thanking the gods that no other scarecrow hands or heads seem to be poking out of the mouth of the stone faced wall.

Odo cannot get in a back stab, but is able to get in a regular attack on the creature holding Rake and hits nicely. Illhalevar is also able to connect from behind rake with her staff!

The Druidess is unable to connect on her attack on the creature holding Varkos.
But neither can the Ranger, even after his impressive war whoop, on his attack on the last creature that came through.

Varkos though is just able to reach his sword around to stab and rend the creature holding him. Leaves and moss fly everywhere, but still Varkos is held! In his anger and frustration Varkos attempts to get the creature again but it’s twiggy hold thwarts the attempt.

Son of Thunder smiles after his missed attempt as he sees Al’Zur pop up behind the last creature, bringing his long sword down and through the green back of the creature. Leaves again litter the floor again like after Varkos attacked. And yet (as in the case of the creature holding Varkos) it continues to attack!

Rake, seeing the success of the Elven Magic User’s staff, and leaves drifting all about exclaims his own battle whoop, as his cleaves through the creatures midsection, and he brings it up through the middle of its head. Leaves float everywhere, as the thing falls into a pile of mossy sticks and leaves.

The Cleric quakes in the back holding his lamp high, his eyes on the stone head bobbing behind Zafalia as her torch flows with her attacks.

The two remaining creatures attack.

The creature on Varkos brings his free hard wood hand down on the warriors head. But fortunately only gets in a glancing blow. (1HP) Though only a glancing blow, the fight is catching up with Varkos and he looks almost as poorly as Rake! The last creature, though he could turn around on Al’Zur… well, there just must be something about our Ranger. :) It’s first attack is a miss, but it’s second, unfortunately, is barely a hit… but still the Ranger feels, and can’t avoid the familiar pull and hold, and is again a prisoner of a scarecrow creature!

Still no need for initiative. Again, both creatures will attack last in round 5. Varkos and Son of Thunder are both held, but can roll an attack, there will be minuses to hit, but I’ll add those in. Everyone else please declare actions and roll as seems fit with those actions.

HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 9/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo and Zafalia; 2- Rake and Varkos 3 - Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- SoT and Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Rake) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 11 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 29 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#85 Post by Alethan »

Ilhalevar, with a wild look in her eye, swings at the stick man on Varkos.

Melee Attack, Quarterstaff [1d20] = 2

(Ah, well... her streak was short but sweet.)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by tkrexx »

To hit: [1d20-1] = 17-1 = 16, damage with hand axe, non-proficient: [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7

Knowing his comrades are suffering, Son of Thunder's aim suddenly improves!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#87 Post by Vargr1105 »

Bolstered by his cutting down of one of the plant-things Rake attempt to bag himself one more.

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 8, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 6, damage (L): [1d12] = 10

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#88 Post by saalaria »

OOC - this guy is a tough one. Ron I'm going for two attacks if I am able. If not please disregard one

Varkos tries another underarm stab:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 8+3 = 11 Dam [1d8+5] = 1+5 = 6

And then a backwards headbutt which connects solidly, momentarily pushing the creature back and allowing a mighty swing for the second strike:

Longsword [1d20+3] = 16+3 = 19 Dam [1d8+5] = 4+5 = 9

"Taste my sweet steel, foul treeman."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Argennian »

Seeing two of their party in a serious spot, Zafalia prepares to cast a Cure Light Wounds spell should either of them go down. She stabs out again desperately at the scarecrow on Varkos....

To Hit: Spear [1d20] = 8, Damage: vs sm/med sized creatures [1d6] = 1
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#90 Post by Distorted Humor »

Odo seeing Varkos poor state, attacks the one holding him.

[1d20] = 17

(OOC : HooRAH!)

[1d6] = 2

"Hang in their Varkos, we will try to kill this thing...

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#91 Post by Nuke66 »

Al'Zur continues to attack the target vine-man.

(ooc: I assume no backstab, but +2 from behind...?)

[1d20+3] = 13+3 = 16 to hit from behind

Thrusting his sword deep, he is welcomed with a deep hiss as the beast goes down.

[1d8] = 7 damage.

"Finish them"
He yells.

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#92 Post by Solinor »

The wimpy cleric assists the halfling. Miss!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by rredmond »

Day 1 – 2:15 p
Round 5

Sorry Sam, two attacks were last round… I’m off kilter with your double attacks, but we’ll count the first one this round.

Varkos and SoT are both wrapped up with a creature.

The party continues its attack, still no other scarecrow hands or heads seem to be poking out of the mouth of the stone faced wall and no noises of incoming creatures either… so far.

For the creature holding Varkos:
Illhalevar tries to follow up her previous success, but unfortunately misses.
Unfortunately for him, Zafalia and Wulfgard miss as well!
Odo runs over to attack the creature as well. Connecting and causing some leaves to fall.
Fortunately for him, he is able to get a stab in with his sword, more leaves fly, the sound of a twig snapping, but the creature continues its hold!

For the creature holding Son of Thunder:
Rake tries to follow up his previous success as well to help the ranger, but is unable to land a strike.
Al’Zur presses his attack and is able to land a hit. Causing many leaves and mossy twigs to fall from the creature.
But the Ranger is able to get a hit in, even with the unfamiliar weapon, and the creature falls to the ground a heap of leaves and twigs.

The final creature, undaunted, attacks and, luckily, lands another glancing blow with its fist on Varkos. 1 HP of damage.

Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (19.99 KiB) Viewed 1053 times
The last creature will attack last in next Round. Varkos is still held, but does get two attacks. The only folks able to attack this last creature, besides Varkos, are Zafalia, Illhalevar, Odo and Wulfgard. There is no room for Al’Zur, Son of Thunder and Rake to get in there. Everyone else please declare actions and roll as seems fit with those actions.

[/b]HPs: Malak - 15/15; Varkos - 8/22; Ilhalevar - 8/8; Al'Zur- 7/7; SoT - 25/25; Wulfgard - 12/12; Zafalia - 11/11; Odo - 17/17; Rake - 2/6
WIH: Malak: short sword; Varkos: long sword; Ilhalevar: quarterstaff; Al'Zur: long sword; SoT: Spear, shield; Wulfgard: staff; Zafalia: spear, shield; Odo: short sword; Rake: long sword
MO (10’): 1- Odo and Zafalia; 2- Rake and Varkos 3 - Ilhalevar and Al'Zur; 5- SoT and Wulfgard; 6-
Consumables: Hooded lantern (Zafalia) - 4 hours left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Varkos) OUT, 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (Rake) OUT, 40' radius; lamp 2 hours 10 minutes (Wulfgard) 20’ radius; Torch, 29 minutes Zafalia, 40’ radius.
--------Spells: Ilhalevar: 1-1/2; Al'Zur: 1-1/1; Wulfgard: 1-4/4, 2-2/2; Zafalia: 1-3/4, 2-3/3

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#94 Post by Alethan »

Hmmm... I'll go with... Attack.

Melee Attack, Quarterstaff [1d20] = 14

In case that hits...
Damage, Quarterstaff [1d6] = 2
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by tkrexx »

Seeing his bad positioning, the Ranger will pause momentarily to peer on the other side of the "mouth" opening...Not poke his head in, mind you, doesn't want to expose his back to the remaining enemy, surrounded tho it may be. He just looks, so as to see if anything else may be ready to emerge.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#96 Post by saalaria »

Sorry dont know how I got confused - must be old age!

Varkos stamps on the creature's foot and then whirls round to decapitate him:

: Longsword [1d20+3] = 15+3 = 18 Dam [1d8+5] = 7+5 = 12

Surely a second attack is not required!

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Argennian »

Zafalia attacks the last scarecrow from the second rank in order to make room for another to attack and stabs out with her trusty spear!

To Hit: Spear [1d20] = 10, Damage: vs sm/med sized creatures [1d6] = 6
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#99 Post by Vargr1105 »

Rake assaults the scarecrow-thing once again, with a very inefficient blow.

To hit with long sword: [1d20] = 4, damage (s/m): [1d8] = 4, damage (L): [1d12] = 3

Solinor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#100 Post by Solinor »

Return to “Pod-Caverns Of The Sinister Shroom”