[001] Welcome to Birach

joertexas
Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [001] Welcome to Birach

#101 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:29 pm"Two thoughts. One, send the lifeboats and the ship's boat dirtside with the noncombatants. Two, launch a group of missiles with their active sensors down, on low accel, and array them in front of the cruiser. We can command them to attack at an opportune moment, or recover them if they aren't needed. At this range, the cruiser's actives wouldn't pick them up, and, if we place them in the asteroid field, the missile bodies become just more rocks to their sensors. Also, if we decide to board, we'd still have the pinnacle." Vee pauses for his response.
Foix nods "Using missiles as "smart mines" may well be useful. Since they are mobile and the cruiser seems set on its course and is in some ways "blind" we can place obstacles in its way. This may both be a way to cover Captain Alba's disengagement without us trading salvoes with the cruiser and also an avenue of approach for the boarding party. If we sit inert in the Cruiser's path it may simply deem us no threat and allow us to close and board. This seems to have worked before".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:08 pm Foix nods "Using missiles as "smart mines" may well be useful. Since they are mobile and the cruiser seems set on its course and is in some ways "blind" we can place obstacles in its way. This may both be a way to cover Captain Alba's disengagement without us trading salvoes with the cruiser and also an avenue of approach for the boarding party. If we sit inert in the Cruiser's path it may simply deem us no threat and allow us to close and board. This seems to have worked before".
"That, or come up from it's baffles on a ballistic approach."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by shaidar »

Anne Dubois speaks quietly with the captain

"Sir, from the data burst I have information that might lead to a way to cripple the warship. I'd like to present this information at your meeting. Between your crew, and the Comte's people, we are all very capable. Once we are focussed on a task I think that will become clear"

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Leitz »

shaidar wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:34 am Anne Dubois speaks quietly with the captain

"Sir, from the data burst I have information that might lead to a way to cripple the warship. I'd like to present this information at your meeting. Between your crew, and the Comte's people, we are all very capable. Once we are focussed on a task I think that will become clear"
Captain Smythe leaned forward, and lowered his voice. "Ms. Dubois, thank you. My crew is good. They have heart, if not experience. I look forward to hearing from one of the SCN's best tacticians. Say anything you need, and don't worry about telling me something I should know. Hearing it from you will encourage the crew."

Smythe looked away for a moment, he seemed embarrassed. He bowed his head. "My son isn't really a people person, ma'am. He's a comm tech, but dreams of being a tactician. He asked for your autograph, if you have time. He's read all your unclassified naval papers. Ma'am."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by shaidar »

Anne Dubois

Anne blushes "Of course, this is my first autograph. Tell your son that I never thought I'd be a tactician, when I started my career I was an engineer. When all this is over I shall do my best to give him some pointers to help make his dream come true"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by shaidar »

Anne starts to turn, mind already thinking ahead to the briefing, then stops

"Captain, would your son be up for doing me a big favour? There are lights on the warship that were blinking. The captain of Lefron's ship thought there were humans on board trying to communicate, and I think he was right, but we don't understand the language. Could your son take a look? I think the ship is centuries old. There are some older recordings of the patterns in the data, but it might be worth getting some new data, they might be trying to tell us something new"

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Leitz »

Smythe grinned. "He'll pass out from excitement, but will get right on it. Thank you, ma'am."

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#108 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Cmdr. Taheri

She has been observing the back and forth, and is realizing that the gathered crew and passengers, with a few exceptions, haven't a clue.

Meeting this warship head on, or in a conventional manner is not advisable. Do we have some rough schematics of this class of ship? There may be a more subtle method of disabling it.

Note: character knows much more about Naval tactics than player does. Taheri will bring up the possibility of attacking the warship from an unexpected direction.
SpinwardMarch

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by joertexas »

I'm locking this thread so that all of the discussion takes place in the Briefing thread. :D
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Return to “An Honorable Foix (CE Traveller)”