Action Thread 7

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 7

#61 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 8:20 a

Except for Blodget and Phanstern exchanged hushed words, it is quiet, and still oppressive in this place. The trees feel almost as if they are pressing down on you, watching you, preparing something unpleasant for you. You are somewhat cheered by Delgath's torch and Phanstern's lantern as they provide the only light to this place.

After about 5 quiet minutes, you come to another fork in the road. The red line from the doors to the X is the party.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (27.27 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long sword (long bow), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (26 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (35 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#62 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett nudges Eljay and points towards the forward path with his short sword. He whispers Let's keep going straight.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#63 Post by Alethan »

Sounds good to me.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by Vargr1105 »

Kayen brings up the rear and follows his companions, wherever they may go.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by saalaria »

Dredd maintains his vigilence as the party moves forward. Several times he realises he is holding his breath without meaning too...

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by max_vale »

Ogre keeps a cautious eye on the trees as the party files through the area....

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 8:30 a

The party agrees to go as straight as they can through this forest, which (even though the already narrow path, gets no narrower) seems to get ever more oppressive as you leave the entrance behind.

After about 10 minutes, The path loops around and seems to come to an end. And at the end of that path, moving freely in and out of the trees, you see 5 giant ants. Two of the ants are looking straight at Eljayess as she rounds the corner.
Picture2.gif
Picture2.gif (39.97 KiB) Viewed 1026 times
The path is but 5' wide and the party will be hindered with how they can attack. If melee occurs, it can only happen with single file ranks. So whoever is in the front of the line (currently Eljayess, see the MO below) will be the front rank and main target for the ants.
It isn't so tight that you cannot switch places easily enough. The ants are at the red X, the party turned the corner and is about 15' away from the ants.

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long sword (long bow), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (16 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (25 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#69 Post by Nuke66 »

Seeing no need to fight with insects, Eljayess hold her spear at the ready and begins to slowly back up.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#70 Post by Alethan »

Freda whispers, "Back up. Quickly. Go. Go. Go." to those behind her. She starts getting the party moving in the other direction.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern does a hasty about-face and heads back, already having enough of ants for one day.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#72 Post by Distorted Humor »

I back up.

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#73 Post by Vargr1105 »

Seeing the line of his companions starting to reverse Kayen backs up too.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by saalaria »

Dredd hustles back with the group.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by max_vale »

Ogres files back with his party....

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 8:40 a

The party hustles back to the last crossroads. The ants moved forward toward the lead folks in the marching order, but as you stop to take a breath, you do not see them come around the corner.

Phansterns lantern sputters just a bit, it has some life to it, but in the stillness and dark of this closed in leafy place it's a little alarming. Delgath's torch seems fine.

If not the ants, then the party has only two options, back the way you came, or the other fork.

HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (06 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (15 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#77 Post by Nuke66 »

Eljay turns right at the first fork as they proceed back. "Got to find some way to move forward, maybe it be this way."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#78 Post by Alethan »

Freda replies, "Agreed! Let's hope for fewer insects!"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by tkrexx »

Phanstern gently shakes the lantern to check the oil content as he follows.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by max_vale »

Ogre just grunts in agreement with the 'enough insects' sentiment....

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”