Re: Action Thread 7

#81 Post by saalaria »

Dredd follows looking out for torches once we are back underground

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#82 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett looks at Ogre and nods his head. Yes, less insects are better. Let's take that fork that we just passed.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#83 Post by Distorted Humor »

agreed

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 8:50 a

Traveling along the south easterly path, the party comes to another crossroads of sorts. The path cuts due south, for 3 or 4 feet and abruptly ends. Though it also goes straight north into the doom and gloom of the close trees and bushes and overgrown flora. The going is surprisingly easy, though still quiet and oppressive.

Phanstern shakes his lantern, worried as it flickers showing it's fuel is ending. Delgath casts about, but there are no torches to be seen.

The northern path does have a strange characteristic though. Breaking through all the drab browns and greens you see grey. Instead of a wall of trees and bushes, the western "wall" of the path is a wall of, what looks like, stone. Very strange, and almost a welcome sight in this dark and dreary area of what should be light and cheery gardens.

At this point Phanstern's lantern starts to fade out, it's oil having been spent. As if in sympathy, Delgath's torch flickers, showing it has only a few minutes left of light. The chill air becomes that much colder, and neither human nor demi-human relish the prospect of going without light.

You are all at the
red X, the path goes shortly down south, but heads up northwards. It has the grey "wall" to the west, but continues northward into the ever pressing darkness.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (17.95 KiB) Viewed 1137 times

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long sword (long bow), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (00 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (05 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#85 Post by ToniXX »

Blodgett looks at Phanstern, then at his sputtering lantern, and says I've got two flasks of oil if you need one.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#86 Post by saalaria »

"Does anyone have another torch ?"
The mage asks in a hoarse whisper - the oppressiveness finally getting to him

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by Nuke66 »

ToniXX wrote:Blodgett looks at Phanstern, then at his sputtering lantern, and says I've got two flasks of oil if you need one.
With that. Eljayess stops for a bit. "I think we just might come out back at the first 'T'" She looks around a bit before adding. "Hurry"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by tkrexx »

Blodgett looks at Phanstern, then at his sputtering lantern, and says I've got two flasks of oil if you need one.
Yes, please, tho we may need to tarry here a moment as I fill the lantern. His eyes cast about to the other members. Sorry, bad timing, and maybe a good time for attack. Your protection will be appreciated. He quickly but carefully feeds the light source.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#89 Post by ToniXX »

tkrexx wrote:
Yes, please, tho we may need to tarry here a moment as I fill the lantern. His eyes cast about to the other members. Sorry, bad timing, and maybe a good time for attack. Your protection will be appreciated. He quickly but carefully feeds the light source.
One flask of oil removed from player sheet

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by max_vale »

Ogre stands a protective guard near Phanstern as he refills the lantern....

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by rredmond »

Day 1– In the complex – 9:00 a

The party presses on at Eljayess’ urging. After a brief pause to allow Phanstern to relight the lantern, with Ogre providing a worried guard, they see if Eljay’s guess is correct. Heading past the stone wall to their left, they find that the path does indeed meet up with the first fork.

Delgath’s torch finally sputters out, making him jump (though he expected it), making Phanstern’s lantern seem a lonely sort of warmth.

It seems amazing luck that they meet with no resistance, other than the continued presence of the closed in atmosphere and almost malevolent feelings of the fauna or what may hide within the fauna.

You are at the red X.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (19.73 KiB) Viewed 1082 times

[/b]HPs: Elwita - 26/50; Ogre - 45/45; Delgath - 25/25; Karraway - 31/42; Blodgett - 10/20 ; Freda - 29/40; Phanstern - 25/25; Eljayess - 17/25; Kayen - 25/25
WIH: Elwita: war hammer (cross bow), shield; Ogre: Long sword (20' radius light) (short bow), shield]; Delgath: Staff; Karraway: mace, shield; Blodgett: short sword (sling); Freda: long sword (long bow), shield; Phanstern: dagger, lantern; Eljayess: Spear, shield (long bow); Kayen: long sword (long bow), shield]
MO: Eljayess, Blodgett, Ogre, Elwita, Freda, Phanstern, Delgath, Kayen, Karraway
Consumables: Bullseye Lantern (Phanstern) - (235 minutes left) 80' radius, 10' wide beam; Torch - Delgath (0 minutes 40’ radius), Torch - (not lit, 60 minutes), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Delgath 1-4/4, 2-1/2, 3-1/1 : Karraway: 1-5/5, 2-5/5, 3-2/2: Phanstern: 1-3/4, 2-2/2, 3-1/1; Eljayess: 1-2/4, 2-3/3; Kayen: 1-3/3, 2-2/2

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#93 Post by saalaria »

"back to investigate all round the wall then? Dare we risk straying off the path?...either that or the ants!"
The mage smiles despite the oppressive atmosphere

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by tkrexx »

The wall is there for a purpose, I assume. It makes me curious.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by rredmond »

]
tkrexx wrote:The wall is there for a purpose, I assume. It makes me curious.
Youre not sure how thick the wall was. It is covered, north and south with thick foliage and vines. Just that it is stone and the length of it.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#96 Post by Alethan »

Freda examines the wall more closely. She looks up to see how tall it is.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by rredmond »

Alethan wrote:Freda examines the wall more closely. She looks up to see how tall it is.
The ranger and illusionist hang back a bit to investigate. As she peers close to the wall, and scans up and down the wall, and looks closely at the ground near the northern end of the wall, Phanstern is surprised by the plants seeming to grow thicker where ever she looks.

PM sent to Al.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#98 Post by Alethan »

"It looks like there is a path leading west on the northern end of the wall... but the plants don't want us to see it. Phanstern, you have any way of talking to these plants to find out why they're so aggressive towards us?"
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#99 Post by Distorted Humor »

I keep a weary eye out while we talk to plants.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by rredmond »

Heh, NPR just did an interview with the guy who wrote Going Clear, a book really about Scientology, but they spent a lot of time on L. Ron.

Return to “Slave Pits of the Undercity”