[OOC] Character Concepts

joertexas
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [OOC] Character Concepts

#21 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Sorry, That was terribly unclear

Is Torkington College the university or the high-school?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by Leitz »

Your question was clear, I just forgot that some earth cultures use the term "collage" for what Americans call "high school".

Torkington Collage is the university level medical school that produces the most elite, if not the most skilled, doctors. For pre-Uni instruction, upper class families hire private tutors. Rock and Elvira are referred to as "True Blue Cards". Birach uses/used a system of cards to determine legal status and support options. Blue were the full and regular citizens, Yellow were the marginals; they gained government support but did not have the same rights. Red cards were the ex-cons, homeless, etc. No rights or governmental support.

While there is no other Blue card, "True Blue" are the social elite. Nobles refer to themselves as the "People of Blood".

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#23 Post by lenusmars »

Is there a canon maiden surname for Lysette?

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Tiglath »

No, I don't believe so.

The floor's yours! :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by The Bindoner »

I'm coming in as Yevgenia Ilyanovna Kuryakhina, Zhenya to her friends. Not a local, in fact very much an outsider. Ex-Diplomat, minor noble, and somewhat out in the cold recently.

I'll post the details tonight.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by AsenRG »

I haven't got a concept, or rather: as always, I have 13+ concepts I want to play!

So I'll start making a character tonight, and see which concept he gravitates to... :mrgreen:

How do we roll for stats? I guess I should have 11+ in Social if we're going to be nobles, so am I missing a houserule?

(Please, @Leitz if the dice say a PC of mine dies, let him die! I have enough concepts for the next three years, even assuming trimestrial deaths.
And my PCs actually don't die often at all, not even in CoC, so I don't actually expect that to come up. In fact, I've lost 3 0-level PCs in a DCC funnel, but that's for the last 10 years, and 0-levels are fragile).

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Tiglath »

Welcome aboard AsenRG looking forward to gaming with you! :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Leitz »

AsenRG wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 am How do we roll for stats? I guess I should have 11+ in Social if we're going to be nobles, so am I missing a houserule?
Hey AsenRG, good to be gaming with you again! I think you'll have a lot to contribute.

This is sort of like Bing, with Tiglath's Gauvain Foix as "Big Brother". We're using a more European "family" concept, so your character needs to be a noble that is somehow related to House Foix, or an insider who is very close to such a noble. For example, joertexas' character "Vee" is Gauvain's "right hand person". Amoungst other things. :roll:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by joertexas »

Leitz wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:05 pm
AsenRG wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:11 am How do we roll for stats? I guess I should have 11+ in Social if we're going to be nobles, so am I missing a houserule?
Hey AsenRG, good to be gaming with you again! I think you'll have a lot to contribute.

This is sort of like Bing, with Tiglath's Gauvain Foix as "Big Brother". We're using a more European "family" concept, so your character needs to be a noble that is somehow related to House Foix, or an insider who is very close to such a noble. For example, joertexas' character "Vee" is Gauvain's "right hand person". Amoungst other things. :roll:
And she's proud of it, too :P :P :P :P :P
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by AsenRG »

Leitz wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:05 pm

I'm afraid I'm not getting the reference to Bing...

Though that almost tempts me to make a competitor in the Sangrean Games that's bearing the colours of some noble or faction :) . But that would be a 14th concept!

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by Leitz »

AsenRG wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:18 pm I'm afraid I'm not getting the reference to Bing...

Though that almost tempts me to make a competitor in the Sangrean Games that's bearing the colours of some noble or faction :) . But that would be a 14th concept!
Ah, how quickly Mao Tun forgets the adventures of the Swift General and his Little Brother, the Ox General.

A Sangrean games competitor would need Rifle, Blade, Brawling, Athletics(Swimmng), and Riding(Poni) of at least one each. Higher is better. Feel free to make up such a person, though if older they move to coaching and training (Instruction). I can make up a career for you if needed. Stats are rolled however you need to roll, and arranged to get the character you envision.

AsenRG
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by AsenRG »

Leitz wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:26 pm
AsenRG wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:18 pm I'm afraid I'm not getting the reference to Bing...

Ah, how quickly Mao Tun forgets the adventures of the Swift General and his Little Brother, the Ox General.

A Sangrean games competitor would need Rifle, Blade, Brawling, Athletics(Swimmng), and Riding(Poni) of at least one each. Higher is better. Feel free to make up such a person, though if older they move to coaching and training (Instruction). I can make up a career for you if needed. Stats are rolled however you need to roll, and arranged to get the character you envision.
:mrgreen:

Hey, not my fault a PC used to share a name with the old search engine! Of course, I thought you're referencing the latter!
Those are some generous stats, but we'll see what we can do with that.

Return to “An Honorable Foix (CE Traveller)”