[OOC] Forward Lounge

joertexas
BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [OOC] Forward Lounge

#281 Post by BackworldTraveller »

SpinwardMarch wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:34 am It does look like there is very little fuel left on the ship. Taheri would be inclined to sit tight and let systems failure do the work for us.
Has anyone actually verified this now that we are in the fuel systems? For a ship this size, "Very little fuel" could still be a lot.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by The Bindoner »

Zhernya is in position to check, but someone will have to talk her through the procedure.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by Tiglath »

IC I recall they stated they were down to their last 1dton of fuel. It seems they have been running on their usually effectively infinite (within normal starship operating parameters) manoeuvre & power plant fuel (i.e. not jump fuel).

So, it might last a while yet because (as suggested above) the crew may have shrunk to some small percentage of establishment and/or they might now be operating 'borgs vs. 'bots...

Or have rigged up a whole "peloton" of exercise bikes to supplement the power plant! :P

I believe there is a tactical problem affecting numbers of troops / fighting strength as Mother stated there is only one route to the bad guys' camp. However, scale is all on a ship this size so it could be an "area of ship" rather than a single corridor. Good job we brought the explosives! :D
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by shaidar »

Well, if mother doesn't provide the requested info so we can help them then Anne is ready to walk away (now the meson gun appears inoperable) . It's not like we haven't offered.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Tiglath wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:21 pm IC I recall they stated they were down to their last 1dton of fuel. It seems they have been running on their usually effectively infinite (within normal starship operating parameters) manoeuvre & power plant fuel (i.e. not jump fuel).

So, it might last a while yet because (as suggested above) the crew may have shrunk to some small percentage of establishment and/or they might now be operating 'borgs vs. 'bots...

Or have rigged up a whole "peloton" of exercise bikes to supplement the power plant! :P

I believe there is a tactical problem affecting numbers of troops / fighting strength as Mother stated there is only one route to the bad guys' camp. However, scale is all on a ship this size so it could be an "area of ship" rather than a single corridor. Good job we brought the explosives! :D
By only one route, does that exclude outside. or does that mean there is a single bottleneck? Warships this size tend to have multiple ways forward. Why is this reduced to one only? Could our explosives be used to open an alternative unexpectedly? Now we are inside, can we access a computer deck plan...or finding a Dam Con station would help from that perspective as they keep non-electronic copies in case of power failure.

We can always move between decks to bypass blockages - or out over the hull - or through areas in vacuum. We have the technology!

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by Tiglath »

As a guess I'd say they've done it deliberately during the evolution of their mutual warfare.

It might point to reduced manpower if they have deliberately narrowed the fighting "front" to a size they can both defend.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the "accessibility" of the computers is the problem not the solution here! :)

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Tiglath wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:28 pm As a guess I'd say they've done it deliberately during the evolution of their mutual warfare.

It might point to reduced manpower if they have deliberately narrowed the fighting "front" to a size they can both defend.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the "accessibility" of the computers is the problem not the solution here! :)
In fact we know that there are multiple routes for they have accessed the cargo bays to shoot at us.

Unless the bays are in a no-mans land in which case to man them they have to exit their own internal defences line which makes them targets for ambush on the way out/back.

So topologically, do we have Mother's Area and Master's area joined by one door or each joined to No Mans Land by one door?

And is Cargo Bay part of Masters Area or the Hypothetical No Mans Land?

In either case, control the door to Masters Area and you have the run of the rest including whatever systems areas are included. So lets start making lists!

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by Tiglath »

First on the list must be anyone with Mechanical skill and a welder/cutter from the pinnace.

As a rider to planning please assume Foix is useless skillwise both on the outside and inside of a ship and should not be allowed access to anything that could described as "controls". However, he does have a whole raft of "interactive conflict resolution" skills extending from melee range all the way to the end of his line of sight! ;)

Raking through my distant memories of High Guard ship design I suppose that the "cargo" bay (being essentially an empty/unused weapon bay on the ship's hull) could be either one of many such dotted about the hull or be a discrete compartment within the ship.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#289 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Your person for mechanical, etc. is Taheri. (Electronics, Engineering, Mechanical, J.o.T) I imagine she can repair almost anything, with the correct resources.

At your service.
SpinwardMarch

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by The Bindoner »

Care to give Zhenya a review of the fuel scoop situation so she can either do something or leave?

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#291 Post by SpinwardMarch »

The Bindoner wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:22 pm Care to give Zhenya a review of the fuel scoop situation so she can either do something or leave?
Done. Rolled high to recognise damage.
SpinwardMarch

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by Tiglath »

The GM was kind enough to share that the reaction dice don't follow any script but their own! ;) :) :D

My thoughts are that we can now start planning how to get people off this hulk off before the life support crashes.

We have sixty saveable folk plus the children. The Master's side seem to have the combat advantage and so speculating more lives against a slim chance of rescuing (hostile???) "slaves" seems counter productive. However, I'm willing to give it a go if any feel we should.

I have pondered trying to "retreat" the remaining viable atmosphere into smaller areas of Mother's/our territory. This might both create an "evacuated DMZ" between the combatants and put less stress on the life remaining support. The only other option I've considered (while we try to get rescued ourselves) is to pack our damaged pinnace with people and cast it adrift like a "liferaft". It still has power so can communicate with rescue craft and thereby perhaps makes an easier recovery than the earlier lifeboat proper.
Last edited by Tiglath on Wed May 05, 2021 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#293 Post by SpinwardMarch »

I think we should leave the remainder of the Master's "crew" to meet their demise in space. Harsh as that sounds, they have not been cooperative so far. (They have been shooting at the base and us!) Otherwise, we risk the chance of being drawn into a battle between the Hatfields and McCoys. This is not our problem.
SpinwardMarch

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by Tiglath »

That's the plan!

Subject to democratic agreement of course. :)

The Master really does seem a suitably villainous cove but it occurred to me that their civil war might, in fact, be an ongoing mutiny! We don't know and likely won't find out. I suppose it's quite possible that both sides might have forgotten how it all started... :roll:

The androids/AIs will know but for me they both seem equally untrustworthy.

(Edited my post above this for clarity).

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by The Bindoner »

#434 Unread post by joertexas » Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 pm
Foix notes that two of the wounded need immediate attention, or need t be placed in a low berth within the next two hours.

Hiro approaches Foix. "Is is possible for you to take some of us outside the hull to attempt a rescue of the people in the forward section?"
Zhenya would like the idea of the EVA rescue mission, if she heard it. :)

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#296 Post by Tiglath »

This is being proposed by the guy who's last moment of military genius was "Charge the warbots!" / "There are your guns, sir!"

And that was presumably his "Plan A"!!! :shock:

Since that one resulted in just about 10% of the population as casualties (let alone the % of the fighting strength!) I fear his alternate Plan "B" no, let's make it "Nine from Outer Space" will be just as well thought through...

Foix is doing some feasibility testing. ;)
Last edited by Tiglath on Wed May 05, 2021 11:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Bindoner
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#297 Post by The Bindoner »

Tiglath wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:26 pm
joertexas wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:25 pm
BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:07 pm We are heading for about 18 people on this shuttle...how many can it actually take?
Under normal conditions, the pinnace can seat 30.
My immediate thought here is to plot an intercept/recovery window within the halved life support capacity of our pinnace/liferaft, ram the thing fu

ll to double occupancy and cut loose from the "ship of fools". The Lady is three hours away and we have eight hours of life support yielding four hours of uncertain and uncomfortable travel adrift.

For Brits this just like memories of travel on our rail network... ;) :)
FFS, Trigger warning! :shock:

Covid's improved things though. Now we pay a fortune for foreign governments to run empty trains instead of sardine cans.

Good plan though. Efficient use of Life Support Hours. If there are move Vacc Suits available on the hulk we could last longer.

This is being proposed by the guy who's last moment of military genius was "Charge the warbots!" / "There are your guns, sir!"

And that was presumably his "Plan A"!!! :shock:

Since that one resulted in just about 10% of the population as casualties (let alone the % of the fighting strength!) I fear his alternate Plan "B" no, let's make it "Nine from Outer Space" will be just as well thought through...
Zhenya is prone to sentiment, the prospect of an adventure with drama and grand gestures overcomes her training to be uncontroversial and secure. :D

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#298 Post by Tiglath »

The Bindoner wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:52 pm Zhenya is prone to sentiment, the prospect of an adventure with drama and grand gestures...
How do think she passed the interview? ;) :D

Foix is at heart a "Musketeer"!

However, while willing to indulge his romantic foolishness full bore on his own behalf, his time in the Legion has made him careful with the lives of others and scornful of those who are not.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by shaidar »

Firstly, apologies, I've been busy recently and not engaged as much with the game as I should be.

I agree with the plan. We don't know enough about the slaves, I almost get the impression that the master has modified them to get control of them, but maybe he has just got their families as hostages. We could ask for more info.

How many hours of life support are in the support bubbles? If some people remained inside them on the Pinnace would that help?

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by Tiglath »

I suppose if the rescue balls have any sort of onboard atmosphere scrubber they'd contribute a little even if we had them onboard "open" to save space.

I also got the impression the Master had "borged up" his slaves which might perhaps suggest that they might not be very cooperative rescuees! :shock:

Return to “An Honorable Foix (CE Traveller)”