[OOC] Forward Lounge

#1 Post by Leitz »

General OOC.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: [OOC] Forward Lounge

#2 Post by shaidar »

Hey, I'm looking forward to another chance to adventure with the Foix. I have no idea what character I'll play, but I doubt it will be combat oriented or have a huge amount of responsibility.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Leitz »

I'm looking forward to the mad scramble as players ask questions and I have to actually write out the setting details that have been bouncing around in my head for years.

Nobility is a Traveller thing that I don't recall having seen much of. I want to figure it out. A PC can be a noble that Foix has met up with has he moved closer to Atreo, or someone in Foix's direct coterie. You could also play a Birach noble, either "granted" in that you or your family actually has responsibility, or "old blood"; you don't have any power but you do have history.

Note that "granted" have a higher status, in that they have shown merit and have earned a four year "grant of authority". Other noble houses do not have the interest or the resources to govern a portion of Birach, but are a part of the established nobility.

You could also be a high status scion of a wealthy family. Not noble, exactly, but you hang out with them on a routine basis.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by shaidar »

What happened to Harper in the other game?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Leitz »

shaidar wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:13 pm What happened to Harper in the other game?
There's probably six months between the other game and this one. I look to the players to influence what PCs/NPCs make the transition. For example, an old enemy could show up or a loving friend has travelled with the PC.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by shaidar »

I'll probably wait to see what the other character are and then roll something up to fill in a gap, and we can fit the vagrancies of the dice into a suitable background.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Leitz »

shaidar wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:50 pm I'll probably wait to see what the other character are and then roll something up to fill in a gap, and we can fit the vagrancies of the dice into a suitable background.
Yes, but also keep in mind that the game focus is on the players. It's nice to have an X when everyone else is a Y, as long as you're happy with X and not Q. The universe will not spontaneously combust if the group does not have an X. Or a Q, for that matter. There are lots of NPCs out there. :)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by shaidar »

I am interesting on Dame Harper Foix, as it was an interesting character and Tiglath and I sent time working out her backstory and how she fitted into the family. However, she was an NPC I took over, then fleshed out. Would it be possible to reroll harper so I have a chance to put more of my own thoughts into her skills, or perhaps it would be best to reincarnate her as a new character along the same lines?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Leitz »

shaidar wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:04 pm I am interesting on Dame Harper Foix, as it was an interesting character and Tiglath and I sent time working out her backstory and how she fitted into the family. However, she was an NPC I took over, then fleshed out. Would it be possible to reroll harper so I have a chance to put more of my own thoughts into her skills, or perhaps it would be best to reincarnate her as a new character along the same lines?
It would be best to create a character you really want to play; how's that? Lots of ways to get there from here, how would you like to proceed? Rather, proceed, and ask any questions needed. We can make up a career track for her, if you like.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by shaidar »

I did like the backstory we worked out for Harper. A misspent youth of excess (parties and substance abuse) until her family got tired of using their influence to bail her out and she ended up in the Navy as a grunt. She sorted herself and had a distinguished career as an engineer before mustering out. Of course there are other reasons that minor nobility might end up as an engineer.

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Leitz »

Sounds cool! It will be fun to watch.

No problem on the engineering, either.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by shaidar »

The copy of the CE SRD I have is dated 2016. Is this the correct version?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Leitz »

Should be close enough, unless the career options don't suit you. For example, I see the use of events but prefer to make them more unique to the PC.

I am at a thing, let me know if we need to draft something up. I would prefer that to a blase character. I will be back to a full keyboard in a couple hours, wiuld you like a Navy career chart?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by shaidar »

No worries. A navy career chart would be great, but completely at your convenience , no rush. :)

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by shaidar »

I'm happy to pay for the full rules, if it'll be worth it.

I assume this is the correct one?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/237247

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Leitz »

shaidar wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:52 pm I'm happy to pay for the full rules, if it'll be worth it. I assume this is the correct one? https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/237247
Yes and no. I'm using this as the basis. I don't know how that compares to what you're looking at. The real issue is that we will likely diverge quickly from whatever written rules we start with. Rule 68A will remain at the core, but most everything else is up for discussion.

For example, I'm going to write up a Navy career but modify how rank progression works. You should end up with a playable character that makes sense, which I can't say always happens with the usual charts. Of course, that means it will be this evening before I can draft it out; for some reason work wants me to actually show up now and again...

I never promise that my games will be worth anything, though. I want them to, and I'm willing to commit a lot of time and energy to them. But often it's a matter of skill (social or gaming) and my rolls aren't always great.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by shaidar »

That looks like the editable version of the document I already have 8-)

I'm sure we'll do our part to contribute to making this game fun :) I often fail my social interaction rolls, but try to do better.

I have no trouble waiting, please don't rush on my behalf.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by shaidar »

Is there a campaign I'd so I can link in the dice roller?

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Leitz »

shaidar wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:57 pm Is there a campaign I'd so I can link in the dice roller?
897, but you can also use physical dice. When I need several rolls I'll use a small program. Since I write the code I can weight it however I like. :P

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by shaidar »

Thanks

All my physical dice are packed away in the garage.

Return to “An Honorable Foix (CE Traveller)”