Side Chatter

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Side Chatter

#141 Post by tibbius »

Yeah, you're welcome to post whenever. I'm trying to figure out how much to condense this interrogation. I think I've set the scene.

If you'd prefer to skip narration of unpleasantness, let's reduce this to a roll:

1-2 you get beaten to death and tell them all about your comrades

3-4 you get hospitalize (pick what you tell them) or leave with some bruises after telling them all about your comrades

5+ you get out of there with a few bruises but avoid divulging anything significant - pick what you tell them
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#142 Post by thenewflesh »

I'm personally alright with whatever. I grew up on New French Extremism. And there is something fitting about Louis finally getting his hands dirty.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by shaidar »

I can't decide whether Shift might finish fixing the socket and then risk his identity trying to save Louis or not.

Thinking about it I think Shift would try and help, once the socket is fixed ;) I guess it depends on how long the interrogation lasts.

Should I just post something IC, or should I wait for tibbius to post to indicate the socket is fixed

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#144 Post by tibbius »

thenewflesh wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:50 am I'm personally alright with whatever. I grew up on New French Extremism. And there is something fitting about Louis finally getting his hands dirty.
Ok - I would like to skip most of the scene - if you have any relevant skill at d8, roll that, otherwise roll d6.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#145 Post by BackworldTraveller »

shaidar wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:59 am I can't decide whether Shift might finish fixing the socket and then risk his identity trying to save Louis or not.

Thinking about it I think Shift would try and help, once the socket is fixed ;) I guess it depends on how long the interrogation lasts.

Should I just post something IC, or should I wait for tibbius to post to indicate the socket is fixed
You could just make a diversion and see if he escapes

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#146 Post by tibbius »

Great idea! That would give him help on the roll to survive interrogation.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#147 Post by shaidar »

Tibbius, I don't suppose you could do a quick sketch of the layout of the apartment? I'm just wondering about visibility of the cupboard from the kitchen and both from the main room.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#148 Post by tibbius »

crawlers 22-13.png
crawlers 22-13.png (21.92 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by shaidar »

Thanks. Not quite how I visualised it.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by shaidar »

I thought I'd ask this here, rather than clog up the IC thread.

Are any of the 4 men paying him much attention? Where are located in the main room? I'm trying to work out how obvious it would be if he made a bee-line for the closet door and how quickly he could get there and open it, as it sounds like there could be some of these naughty mice inside eating the wires.

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#151 Post by thenewflesh »

I assume Shift has contacted the other two about the situation, right?

Does he have an immediate plan? I assume he could pull the breakers, turn off the lights, turn on the alarms, something like that?

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#152 Post by Lance »

I might be sporadic while I work on the flat. Apologies.

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#153 Post by thenewflesh »

I will also continue to be sporadic until my new glasses come in in a few days.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#154 Post by tibbius »

Lance wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:59 pm I might be sporadic while I work on the flat. Apologies.
What's the work?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#155 Post by Lance »

tibbius wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:45 pm
Lance wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:59 pm I might be sporadic while I work on the flat. Apologies.
What's the work?
Painting, carpeting, etc

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Where on the map is the college? I hadn't marked it. So where could I go for lunch?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#157 Post by tibbius »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:44 am Where on the map is the college? I hadn't marked it. So where could I go for lunch?
Pick a reasonable spot for the college - it hasn't played a major role yet, so it's not near the murders or the demonstration. I was kinda thinking it would be within a few blocks of Iggy's, which seems like a classic college student hangout.

You could go to Iggy's or make up a suitable hangout for lecturers.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by BackworldTraveller »

tibbius wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:58 am
BackworldTraveller wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:44 am Where on the map is the college? I hadn't marked it. So where could I go for lunch?
Pick a reasonable spot for the college - it hasn't played a major role yet, so it's not near the murders or the demonstration. I was kinda thinking it would be within a few blocks of Iggy's, which seems like a classic college student hangout.

You could go to Iggy's or make up a suitable hangout for lecturers.
Iggy's sounds fine. After the tedium of the morning, a small beer sounds good!

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#159 Post by thenewflesh »

I'm going to cast a spell - am I tied up?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#160 Post by tibbius »

thenewflesh wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:34 am I'm going to cast a spell - am I tied up?
no, you're free
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Change Agents (CRAWLERS)”