1. Shooting, Beating, Stabbing

tibbius
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 1. The Mission (Action)

#341 Post by shaidar »

Shift quietly shoo's the mouse, trying to get it to run out of the door into the main room, where he hopes he can unobtrusively herd it towards the closet the sound came from.

I realise this is probably unlikely, but an interesting comedy moment and possible distraction

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#342 Post by tibbius »

Shift, moving with uncanny android grace as he tweaks his motor circuits, scoops the mouse from the counter and sends it skittering across the floor ...

As he pursues it, careful not to catch it, the critter scampers across the main room. The big bearded guy, glancing up from his laptop, shrieks. "Mouse!"

The mouse sprints and slips under the door of the closet like it's sliding into base ...

Before anyone can stop him, Shift grips the door handle, pulls it open, and finds himself looking at Louis, who is sitting awkwardly in a chair between two big guys. Louis has a bad bruise on his cheekbone and seems dazed. He's talking about being a salesman.

"Busy," says one of the big guys with a pleasant voice, not looking around at Shift.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#343 Post by shaidar »

Shift

"This human appears to have suffered from some kind of accident. As designated by my programming, I have send a request to the emergency services for medical assistance at this location and included photographic information to assist with their diagnosis. Don't worry sir or madam, help is on it's way. I understand that the local response time for the services in this area is less than 6 minutes"

Shift primes his circuits in case of human violence, against himself or Louis, ready to counter any blows.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#344 Post by tibbius »

"What the FUCK?" says the other big guy, the one with a snubbed nose who squints when he talks.

The pleasant-voiced one turns and looks at Shift, raising an eyebrow.

"Excu ... who ... are you?"
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#345 Post by shaidar »

Shift

"Good day sir, my name is Wall-E. I am the maintenance droid assigned to this floor. My current assignment is to locate an animal infestation. Unfortunately I am not programmed to provide medical assistance, but help is on the way"

If possible while he is talking Shift will upload the location and a video of his time in the flat to an online storage space the group uses and ping them (but not Louis) a link to it.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#346 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Angus
As Angus sits down with his sandwich and coffee, his phone pings...It's an update from shift...and the coffee gets spluttered into a napkin as he realises that it's a video of Shift in a flat in the tower block they are supposed to be subtly bugging later.

Dialling Clark's number...Have you seen what that mechanical nutter's up to? Whatever happened to Proper Preparation?

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#347 Post by thenewflesh »

Louis, bleary and shaky by now from the interrogation, studiously avoids looking at Shift.

"... so my boss, Timothy Leary, has been tightening the screws at work... he said i had better go through this list of prospective clients and addresses or else... The person across the hall is client 0356. I know his address, I know his customer profile..." he continues.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#348 Post by tibbius »

thenewflesh wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:23 pm Louis, bleary and shaky by now from the interrogation, studiously avoids looking at Shift.

"... so my boss, Timothy Leary, has been tightening the screws at work... he said i had better go through this list of prospective clients and addresses or else... The person across the hall is client 0356. I know his address, I know his customer profile..." he continues.
Please roll something for this
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#349 Post by Lance »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:49 am Dialling Clark's number...Have you seen what that mechanical nutter's up to? Whatever happened to Proper Preparation?
Clark rushes out of the meeting he's in "It's my mom, sorry". He turns a corner and answers his phone. "What? No, I didn't... hold on... WHAT THE F..." he looks around for a moment. "What the fuck, are they there? Is that the same flat? Should we help? CAN we help?" Clark is not exactly equipped for thrilling heroics but he starts packing his bag to leave as he speaks.

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Lance wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:42 am
BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:49 am Dialling Clark's number...Have you seen what that mechanical nutter's up to? Whatever happened to Proper Preparation?
Clark rushes out of the meeting he's in "It's my mom, sorry". He turns a corner and answers his phone. "What? No, I didn't... hold on... WHAT THE F..." he looks around for a moment. "What the fuck, are they there? Is that the same flat? Should we help? CAN we help?" Clark is not exactly equipped for thrilling heroics but he starts packing his bag to leave as he speaks.
We might be able to get a policeman to drop by - but I'm not sure that's going to help! Do they still bother for "Domestics"?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#351 Post by shaidar »

shaidar wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:54 pm Shift steps inside the apartment

"Do not worry, madam, I am sure it will not take long to repair.", in parallel he messages the others "Louis has been dragged into an apartment opposite the targets apartment by two male humans that look both very official and very efficient", he tacks on the apartment number in question to the end of the message.

Once the woman has closed the door he heads towards the kitchen "Excuse me madam, but who are the humans who dragged that man into the apartment opposite? Do you know if they have the appropriate paperwork? I would hate to think of the damage that could come of such behaviour. I shall have to report it to the building manager."

You guys also have a pending message, dated prior to the video, which I've bolded in the quote above. Apologies if I didn't make the message clear in the original post

Lance
Ranger
Ranger

#352 Post by Lance »

shaidar wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:55 am You guys also have a pending message, dated prior to the video, which I've bolded in the quote above. Apologies if I didn't make the message clear in the original post
Thanks for the clarification
BackworldTraveller wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:53 am We might be able to get a policeman to drop by - but I'm not sure that's going to help! Do they still bother for "Domestics"?
Clark

"I'm not sure, based on the footage and what Shift wrote earlier, these guys might be PropSec, like the ones that attacked Luiz."

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#353 Post by thenewflesh »

tibbius wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:08 pm
thenewflesh wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:23 pm Louis, bleary and shaky by now from the interrogation, studiously avoids looking at Shift.

Please roll something for this
I rolled a 2 in deception. Uh oh.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#354 Post by tibbius »

"Right," says the pleasant voiced man. "Well, there's a problem with that, as you may have guessed by now. Andy Berry does not live in that apartment. Andy Berry is part of an operation we are running. You would only know that name if you had got yourself caught up in a problem that operation relates to. Would you like to really tell us why you were here?"
shaidar wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:59 am Shift

"Good day sir, my name is Wall-E. I am the maintenance droid assigned to this floor. My current assignment is to locate an animal infestation. Unfortunately I am not programmed to provide medical assistance, but help is on the way"

If possible while he is talking Shift will upload the location and a video of his time in the flat to an online storage space the group uses and ping them (but not Louis) a link to it.
Somebody in the room behind Shift closes the door of the closet. It's very crowded in there.

"Alpha oscar seven five," says the big man with the snubbed nose. He hits Shift in the face.

Shift, roll Tenacity
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#355 Post by shaidar »

Shift

Tenacity: [1d6]=4

With brawling and heightened reflexes does he get a chance to block, or use his hardened body for defence?

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#356 Post by tibbius »

shaidar wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:53 pm Shift

Tenacity: [1d6]=4

With brawling and heightened reflexes does he get a chance to block, or use his hardened body for defence?
Yes.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#357 Post by shaidar »

Shift attempts to block the punch.

Heightened Reflexes:, [1d8]=4

Brawling: [1d8]=7

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#358 Post by tibbius »

How bad does Shift want to hurt the big guy?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by shaidar »

Shift is somewhat of a pacifist, believing in self defence only unless there is no other option, of course Louis is injured and he is concerned. Could he block by grabbing the mans fist with his hand and apply just enough pressure to be painful, but do no permanent damage, yet.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#360 Post by tibbius »

The snub-nosed pugilist widens his eyes in alarm as Shift's manipulator seizes and abruptly stops his fist.

"Holy shit, Dale, we got a live one!" he exclaims.

The pleasant-voiced man tries to scramble out of the closet past Shift, completely forgetting about Louis.

"Live droid!" he yells. His formerly pleasant voice is panicked and a little shrill.

Does Shift get out of the way?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Change Agents (CRAWLERS)”