1. Shooting, Beating, Stabbing

tibbius
shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 1. The Mission (Action)

#361 Post by shaidar »

Shift attempts to use his other arm to block the fleeing agent from leaving the closet.

Heightened Reflexes:, [1d8]=7

Brawling: [1d8]=3

"Release the man and let us leave and nobody needs to come to further harm. Attempt to harm me or the man further and I will have no option but to use violence in our defence."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#362 Post by tibbius »

Shift still is gripping the snub-nosed man's hand, and with his other arm he restrains the shrill man.

What does Louis do? The two men are crowded around the chair where he sits, and it will be quite a squeeze and scramble to get around them to stand beside Shift.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#363 Post by thenewflesh »

Louis stands up, waves his hands, and says something dimly-remembered and dubiously-pronounced.

Casting Rupture, aiming it at their internal organs. 4 on a 1d6.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#364 Post by tibbius »

thenewflesh wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:36 pm Louis stands up, waves his hands, and says something dimly-remembered and dubiously-pronounced.

Casting Rupture, aiming it at their internal organs. 4 on a 1d6.
A few grotesque moments of screaming and blood, as the big men crumple.

Someone wrenches open the door of the closest - the big bearded man whom Louis and Shift saw seated at a laptop earlier. His eyes go very wide and he opens his mouth as if he's about to say something. Then he slams the door.

You hear something click in the door.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#365 Post by shaidar »

Shift attempts to smash the door open:

Brawling: [1d8]=4

And there is Shift trying not to hurt anyone unnecessarily :lol:

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#366 Post by thenewflesh »

"Jesus Christ." Louis goes, pulling himself back together. "You notified the others, right?"

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by shaidar »

Shift

"Yes, as soon as you were kidnapped, but I have received no response"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#368 Post by tibbius »

shaidar wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:09 pm Shift attempts to smash the door open:

Brawling: [1d8]=4

And there is Shift trying not to hurt anyone unnecessarily :lol:
Choose:
  1. Shift smashes the door open, but damages an actuator
  2. Shift fails to get the door to open with brute force
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by shaidar »

a. please

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#370 Post by tibbius »

The door bursts out of its frame and flies into the main room. Shift steps forward. There is a new bit stream in his data feed, a simple "111111" pulse from one of his upper limb actuators. He notices that limb will not move in one direction. He will be hindered (roll d4) for tasks involving that limb, until it's repaired.

The big bearded guy is scrambling around with a bulky box that stands against the wall by the kitchen. The other three guys are crowded around him. They all have their backs to Shift and Louis, although when the door breaks open, one glances over his shoulder and sees you; his eyes go wide in fright.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by shaidar »

Shift moves towards the exit, with Louis in tow. (assuming he doesn't resist)

"I wish no harm to you, unless you force me to defend myself. It was you that inflicted harm on this human. We are leaving. Tell me, are you XK7-8JR or searching for them too?"

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#372 Post by tibbius »

thenewflesh wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:42 am "Jesus Christ." Louis goes, pulling himself back together. "You notified the others, right?"
The guy messing with the box unlocks it and yanks it open. As Shift and Louis leave the room, Louis sees over his shoulder that the man is removing a weapon from the box. It looks like a fully automatic pistol.

You're in the hall. Louis yanked the door shut behind you. What do you do?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by shaidar »

Shift directs Louis towards the elevator.

"If you have another spell that would hide us or distract them to help us escape then I think we need it, friend Louis. If they use that automatic weapon on us I don't think either of us will have much of a chance"

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#374 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Angus pings from the restaurant.
Saw your message...what do you want from us?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by shaidar »

Shift replies to Angus:

"Recovered Louis. Attempting escape from building. 4 enemy, automatic weapon. Need escape vehicle"

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by BackworldTraveller »

Angus reads the message and has a quick think...The College has a delivery vehicle that the staff are always leaving the keys for just hanging about...

BackworldTraveller
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by BackworldTraveller »

BackworldTraveller wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:48 pm Angus reads the message and has a quick think...The College has a delivery vehicle that the staff are always leaving the keys for just hanging about...
OK - Are you coming too?

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#378 Post by thenewflesh »

"Uh," Louis goes, "No promises.

He pronounces another dimly-remembered spell, pointing at the door. The words sound vaguely like Macbeth.

Confuse. Rolled a 3 on a 1d6.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#379 Post by tibbius »

Chooooose:
a. The spell is ineffective
b. The spell is effective, but there's some backlash - the goons temporarily forget why they pulled out the gun; Louis, also, temporarily forgets why he's in the hallway (android Shift is unaffected)
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

thenewflesh
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#380 Post by thenewflesh »

Louis frowns. "Shit, what just happened? I thought I was in there, with the goons?"

Return to “Change Agents (CRAWLERS)”