Action Thread 15

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Action Thread 15

#101 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 9:30 a

sorry fellows, work, RL, yadda…

Till returns from his excursion unscathed and with intel. While he’s gone Yosef gathers some intel himself from the outside of the temple. He shuts the doors as he returns inside to delay any sort of rear attack. Jeloon instructs Van to stay behind (he does an OK job of hiding his grump face well) to protect also from any such attack.

They enter the tunnels. Jeloon enters the northern tunnel first, with Till behind her, while Yosef heads into the southern tunnel with Bruard behind him. As Till described before, you get about 15 feet or so in, and that’s when the rats come storming into the tunnels. Both tunnels quickly fill with the little blighters. Both groups can hear that the other group is being attacked as the rats are not the quietest creatures in the world, at least when attacking.

You are, somewhat relieved to see that there are only six rats per tunnel. Perhaps even more relieved to see that really only four can attack at a time the arms and head of Jeloon and Yosef. This is the same in both tunnels. The difference is that the more southern tunnel (with Yosef and Bruard) is more forgiving in its angle to get into the bigger area. Thus it will be easier for Yosef and Bruard to “barrel through” into the room if they want to.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (29.92 KiB) Viewed 1545 times
Yosef and Jeloon are the only ones who can attack, I will allow the multiple attacks (if they want to fight) so there’s no initiative needed. If you want to just force your way in to the room, then there will be rat attacks. I’ll allow a Minor Tests Strength score to erase some of the bonuses the rats will get To Hit Jeloon and Yosef, if they want to force their way into the room. So please, either roll your attacks (at -2 To Hit) against the rats, and they’ll attack, or barrel your way into the room (rolling a Minor Tests d6) and the rats get to attack.

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 24/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 9/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till (on ground); 2- Jeloon (on ground); 3- Bruard (opp side of wall) & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef (on wall); 5 - Van (on wall)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#102 Post by Alethan »

Oooohhh.... let's see what they decide to do! :)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Yosef and Jeloon are the only ones who can attack, I will allow the multiple attacks (if they want to fight) so there’s no initiative needed. If you want to just force your way in to the room, then there will be rat attacks. I’ll allow a Minor Tests Strength score to erase some of the bonuses the rats will get To Hit Jeloon and Yosef, if they want to force their way into the room. So please, either roll your attacks (at -2 To Hit) against the rats, and they’ll attack, or barrel your way into the room (rolling a Minor Tests d6) and the rats get to attack.
She finds the sounds of conflict from the other tunnel disconcerting as she hoped she would prove to be enough of a distraction that those in the other passage might have a chance to progress unmolested. Focus, she thinks.

Having made up her mind before even entering the tunnel, the same voice in her head reminds her of her objective: Must get into room.

"Outta my way!" she growls as she attempts to blast into the room.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#104 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:Oooohhh.... let's see what they decide to do!
What did you expect from Jeloon? :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#105 Post by Alethan »

At first opportunity, Till will try to slip past Jeloon and rush at the (hopefully) cowering rat king that is found in the room immediately past the rats.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote:At first opportunity, Till will try to slip past Jeloon and rush at the (hopefully) cowering rat king that is found in the room immediately past the rats.
Unless that would provoke too many attacks of opportunity, in which case he'll just attack the nearest rat, once he's free to do so.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by rredmond »

Once Jeloon is in the room, then you are fair game as well. :)
I'm just going to wait to see what Greg and Mitch want to do before moving forward; just to keep everything in the same time frame.
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#108 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Once Jeloon is in the room, then you are fair game as well. :)
I'm just going to wait to see what Greg and Mitch want to do before moving forward; just to keep everything in the same time frame.
I realize that. I meant if rushing past the rats to try and head off the rat king would provide too many attacks of opportunity (where I get wailed on but no chance to fight back or defend), then I won't do that; I'll just stay next to Jeloon and help kill rats.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Argennian »

As soon as the rats charge down the tunnel towards he and Bruard, Yosef will begin swinging his longsword back and forth in a defensive arc, trying to do his best in the confined space...

To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17 (hits AC1), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 4

To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11 (hits AC7), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 5

To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16 (hits AC2), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 8

OOC: Ron, not sure if Yosef can get all three multiple attacks in the restricted space of the tunnel, or what his To Hit penalties might be but I'll leave that for you to adjudicate.

(And gravest apologies for the lag factor here guys. Work & RL drama have been all consuming this week! :oops: )
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#110 Post by Alethan »

Argennian wrote:As soon as the rats charge down the tunnel towards he and Bruard, Yosef will begin swinging his longsword back and forth in a defensive arc, trying to do his best in the confined space...

To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 16+1 = 17 (hits AC1), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 4

To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 10+1 = 11 (hits AC7), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 5

To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 15+1 = 16 (hits AC2), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 8

OOC: Ron, not sure if Yosef can get all three multiple attacks in the restricted space of the tunnel, or what his To Hit penalties might be but I'll leave that for you to adjudicate.

(And gravest apologies for the lag factor here guys. Work & RL drama have been all consuming this week! :oops: )
If he can only do two attacks, then go with the first and third one. :)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#111 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:If he can only do two attacks, then go with the first and third one.
I was thinking the same thing! :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#112 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard says a small prayer as Yosef attacks, maybe bolstering which two of the three attacks the DM chooses to use! :)
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 9:31 a

As both sides here the other under attack, Yosef slows a bit to attack his rats, while Jeloon, with a growl, barrels on through.

Yosef wonders about attack in such a confined area but is able to get off all three attacks on the rats in front of him. Killing two of them! Two more file right in to fill in their place.

Yosef hears Jeloons growl, he’s heard it many a time before, as she bursts into the room. She is able to punch through, pushing back three rats, knocking another across the room, but two rats are able to take a bite out of her. They do minimal damage (3HPs total) but Jeloon needs to make a saving throw versus poison.

Meanwhile the two rats facing Yosef are so discombobulated by her attack they both missed attacks miserably.

Once in the open area, Till looks around quickly but realize it’s more of a crossroads, or chokepoint, than a room. There is another tunnel exiting to the East. The tunnel out looks comfortably man-sized. Till feels as if his best chance to run past the rats is the northern wall, but there are a bunch of them milling about here, and he can’t be certain there wouldn’t be pursuit.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (85.81 KiB) Viewed 1501 times
Initiative is needed at this point. Jeloon and Yosef will act outside of initiative as they still get their multiple attacks (Jeloon has four, Yosef three). Bruard still cannot do much for melee. Yosef will still have to attack at a -2, but Jeloon is free to go into puree mode. Jeloon need only make one saving throw at this point.

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 24/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 9/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till (on ground); 2- Jeloon (on ground); 3- Bruard (opp side of wall) & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef (on wall); 5 - Van (on wall)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#114 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Jeloon need only make one saving throw at this point.
Drat!
Save versus Poison (16) [1d20] = 8
-- Project --
-- DM --

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#115 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:Initiative is needed at this point.
Party Initiative [1d6] = 1 (I forget if this is good or bad!) :lol:
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#116 Post by Alethan »

A high initiative roll is good in OSRIC and bad in 2e.

Till attacks the rats to Jeloon's right with his sword and dagger combination.

To Hit, Shortsword+1 [1d20+1] = 9+1 = 10 and Dagger +1 [1d20] = 3

...with no effect.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Argennian »

Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#118 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:A high initiative roll is good in OSRIC and bad in 2e.
In that case, I knew I should have waited until you were able to do it.

---

Jeloon fends off the rats as she forces her way through the tunnel. Must make it into room, she repeats in her head.
rredmond wrote:Once in the open area, Till looks around quickly but realize it’s more of a crossroads, or chokepoint, than a room.
"What is this?" Jeloon wonders aloud.

"Ah, never mind that... rats!" she growls as she unleashes a whirlwind of slices and dices.

ooc: Looks like a whole lot of nothing except for that last attack, but I'll let Ron adjudicate.
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 9+2 = 11 [1d8+3] = 2+3 = 5
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7 [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 9+2 = 11 [1d8+3] = 7+3 = 10
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 17+2 = 19 [1d8+3] = 8+3 = 11
-- Project --
-- DM --

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#119 Post by Alethan »

The odds were forever NOT in our favor this round. 9 attacks and 8 misses? Gah.

The next round will be ours, though.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#120 Post by dmw71 »

Alethan wrote:The odds were forever NOT in our favor this round. 9 attacks and 8 misses? Gah.
I think you used up all the good roles in my game. :roll:
-- Project --
-- DM --

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”